Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

psherman42

I want to see Cars Land so bad but I really hope they don't bring it to Disney World. And from what i've seen, Radiator Springs Racers seems almost like a Cars themed Test Track. Does Disney World really need that? I'd rather see something completely new come to DHS.

disneykermit321

I think it would be a good idea with the new-found success of The Muppets to re-do the ride as an update. Kepp the theater but just change the show to the gang doing thier first since they got the theater back from Tex Richman. They try to make everything perfect but the usual hi-jinks ensue. Walter could perform, Jason Segal could make a cameo, we could get an awesome original song from the guy who did the movie (his name escapes me). I love the show but I think it's time.

Beholder

I love the Muppets and would love to see the merchandise expanded. There may not be a big demand, I dont know, but I would love to see more Muppet stuff. More characters, shirts, stuff with characters on them. Maybe they have this, but the last time I was there (2-3 yrs ago), they didn't have much.

c-one

Pure guesswork but I'd have to guess that Universal would have the leg up if/when LOTR comes to parks -- Peter Jackson has already worked with them and even filmed the preshow video for King Kong 3D at USH, don't forget.

Beholder

Pure guesswork but I'd have to guess that Universal would have the leg up if/when LOTR comes to parks -- Peter Jackson has already worked with them and even filmed the preshow video for King Kong 3D at USH, don't forget.

Perhaps the pre-existing working relationship would help, but Peter Jackson doesn't own LOTR or any Tolkien property. He was given the rights to direct the Rings trilogy and subsequently the Hobbit. I think he would have very little say in who got theme park rights. The Tolkien estate would (I believe) have the most say in such a deal.

vinnya1726

Perhaps the pre-existing working relationship would help, but Peter Jackson doesn't own LOTR or any Tolkien property. He was given the rights to direct the Rings trilogy and subsequently the Hobbit. I think he would have very little say in who got theme park rights. The Tolkien estate would (I believe) have the most say in such a deal.

I would agree.

dsigno51

I'd rather do without a Cars Land clone as well even though the new expansion looks wonderful. I just think that Cars Land at California Adventure is the crown jewel of what makes that park really special now. No need to just copy it. I say remove Lights, Motor, Action! without question to make way for new attractions. The sky is the limit with what you could put in that area. The Great Movie Ride could definitely utilize some new scenes in it. Expand Pixar Place with the long rumored Monsters Inc. Coaster, put in a thrilling 3D Incredibles attraction and do a complete refurb of Pizza Planet to really match the film's version of it. Leave the MuppetVision 3D film untouched as it was Jim Henson's last project he worked on. I'm all for refurbing the queue area and the outside of the attraction as well as expanding the Muppets' presence in the park completely. Update Voyage of the Little Mermaid instead of just ditching it. Disney has major plans for Little Mermaid that of course include the 3D theatrical re-release and the Blu-ray release next year so I doubt Disney would do away with a show based on the film so I'd much rather see them refurb it into something really unique again. And of course, move the hat to a non distracting location. There's definitely plenty more that can be done but I'd have to think it over.

This is exactly what I way thinking! The Great Movie Ride is EXTREMELY dated right now. Need some major refurb there, and the backlot tour can be completely replaced with another attraction like Monsters or Incredibles. Little Mermaid will of course be redone with it in theaters again. Fantasmic has had it's time, but I heard on another thread that there are major plans being worked on for that (apparently maybe even a whole new show). DHS all in all is no longer even a full day park for me, until they update & put in some new attractions.

Tod&BigMamaOdie

I think it would be a good idea with the new-found success of The Muppets to re-do the ride as an update. Kepp the theater but just change the show to the gang doing thier first since they got the theater back from Tex Richman. They try to make everything perfect but the usual hi-jinks ensue. Walter could perform, Jason Segal could make a cameo, we could get an awesome original song from the guy who did the movie (his name escapes me). I love the show but I think it's time.

Music: Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords fame.

Turtle

I just thought of something that could possibly be good. Well you know how the expansion list rumors are: LucasLand, Muppet Studios, Pixar Place, Disney Animation Courtyard. Well what about a Tim Burton section in addition to all those other studio-property attractions since Disney works with Burton. I'm not saying what can go in it but it could be thought of.

c-one

You're probably right. I suspect it would be a similar deal as Rowling/Potter, though, in that the author holds the rights, but the end product looks a lot like the films, as well.

Beholder

I just thought of something that could possibly be good. Well you know how the expansion list rumors are: LucasLand, Muppet Studios, Pixar Place, Disney Animation Courtyard. Well what about a Tim Burton section in addition to all those other studio-property attractions since
Disney works with Burton. I'm not saying what
can go in it but it could be thought of.

He brings such a unique look to his films, I'd love to see what kind of ORIGINAL attraction he would come up with, independent of his movie work. I think it'd look so amazing and unreal. Got my vote.

Jedeye80

He brings such a unique look to his films, I'd love to see what kind of ORIGINAL attraction he would come up with, independent of his movie work. I think it'd look so amazing and unreal. Got my vote.
Think either Tim Burton or guillermo del torro would be a good way to go in getting some original attractions into the parks.

spaceghost

So...hypothetical question-

Five options for what happens to TPFKADMGMS:
  1. Cars Land comes east
  2. Nothing major gets built
  3. Some other major attractions, unrelated to Cars Land, get built
  4. RSR comes east, but not the rest of Cars Land and no other attractions get built
  5. RSR comes east, and other non-related attractions get built
Now, which one is the best option, and which one is the worst?
IMHO, the best would have to be 3 or 5, but the worst is a tough one. Is nothing getting done truly better than having Cars Land/RSR in some form? I'd have a hard time agreeing with that argument. Thoughts?

Pseudonym

Where would you even put Cars Land in Hollywood Studios? Would it be out of the question to keep Lights, Motors, Action? Even if it wasn't a Cars Land expansion, where would Disney most likely expand in Hollywood Studios?

RSoxNo1

Where would you even put Cars Land in Hollywood Studios? Would it be out of the question to keep Lights, Motors, Action? Even if it wasn't a Cars Land expansion, where would Disney most likely expand in Hollywood Studios?

In the back somewhere. If you put it at Lights Motors Action then you need to either find a transition between Carsland and the Streets of America or demo the Streets of America. If the demo they'll either have to end the Osborne Lights or find a new way/place to display them (One of those canopies should go in the place of Lights of Winter... just saying).

Radiator Springs Racers takes up a huge footprint and creates large site line issues. If they can partition off a natural transition between the Streets of America and the rock work it could work, but I'm not sure that's really possible. It's one of the other reasons why I'd much prefer attractions that could fit in buildings that can be better disguised like the Monster's Inc Coaster or other dark rides.

tomman710

So...hypothetical question-

Five options for what happens to TPFKADMGMS:
  1. Cars Land comes east
  2. Nothing major gets built
  3. Some other major attractions, unrelated to Cars Land, get built
  4. RSR comes east, but not the rest of Cars Land and no other attractions get built
  5. RSR comes east, and other non-related attractions get built
Now, which one is the best option, and which one is the worst?

IMHO, the best would have to be 3 or 5, but the worst is a tough one. Is nothing getting done truly better than having Cars Land/RSR in some form? I'd have a hard time agreeing with that argument. Thoughts?

My guess is a D-Ticket gets built within the next year or so.

WDWFREAK53

In the back somewhere. If you put it at Lights Motors Action then you need to either find a transition between Carsland and the Streets of America or demo the Streets of America. If the demo they'll either have to end the Osborne Lights or find a new way/place to display them (One of those canopies should go in the place of Lights of Winter... just saying).

Radiator Springs Racers takes up a huge footprint and creates large site line issues. If they can partition off a natural transition between the Streets of America and the rock work it could work, but I'm not sure that's really possible. It's one of the other reasons why I'd much prefer attractions that could fit in buildings that can be better disguised like the Monster's Inc Coaster or other dark rides.

Umm...could the Streets of America just turn into Rt. 66? Probably the most famous "street" in America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom