Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

doctornick

If they do a full blown Pixar Place, which seems likely at some point, then I wonder if we'd see some "history of the studio" walk through, something like One Man's Dream. It could talk about the history of Pixar and computer animation in general and also have a part to preview upcoming Pixar projects.

Disneybear

The problem with Monstropolis is that it looks just a lot like New York or any other city street but with monsters walking around.

This sounds just like the MIB ride at Universal with Aliens on the streets rather than Monsters, it therefore could be seen as a copy of the competition.

techee

I've been reading through these posts, and I do have some ideas of my own. I think it's best to "expand" the Backlot and Pixar Place. The Backlot will still be the Backlot, meaning that there will still be the tour, but, in addition, there will be more rides and attractions added in that area. Also, as well as all of that, the tour will be redone and reimagined into a new ride with a new purpose and a new story. It will actually look like a backlot, the way it was intended to be. Ultimately, it will add more guests in that area rather than in the Sunset Blvd. area. Also, Pixar Place will be expanded into the backlot area also. There will be several rides, all probably clones of rides in DCA (probably a Cars ride and a Monsters Inc. ride). I think, with all of this included, will bring HS back to where it needs to be. Like I said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, only make it better.

tomman710

Can we please do away with Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and put in an E Ticket Ride! So much room to do it too!

I assume they just don't think Indy is relevant anymore because taking that out and putting in a clone of Indy from DL seems like an idea TDO would love because its a major E-Ticket they could market heavily, that doesn't not have a huge investment in R&D, and most of the work is done for them already.

GLaDOS

I assume they just don't think Indy is relevant anymore because taking that out and putting in a clone of Indy from DL seems like an idea TDO would love because its a major E-Ticket they could market heavily, that doesn't not have a huge investment in R&D, and most of the work is done for them already.

Orlando management has long held the belief that they don't have to clone Indy because WDW has Dinosaur.

SirLink

Can we please do away with Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and put in an E Ticket Ride! So much room to do it too!

Or you could keep it and go onto the expansion pad, which I believe is beside the stunt show -which goes out onto the parking lot. Place a Indy E-ticket with the notion you are on film set.

Won't happen though.

Before that the Studios first need to decide whether its a 'faux' working studio/a representation of the ideals of Hollywood/this is where we place rides which don't fit in with the other 3 parks.

the.dreamfinder

Orlando management has long held the belief that they don't have to clone Indy because WDW has Dinosaur.
Kinda like how they were offered a well themed, technologically advanced dark ride, but passed on it because it would make the land's other rides look like junk? Oh ... Wait.

EOD K9

To those that responded to my earlier question....thanks. I was on a charity bike ride this weekend and didn't have a lot of time to be on this thing.

Beholder

I'm not against Carsland in and of it's self, but being that it'll be cloned and use existing ride tech at WDW (TT), it seems a little redundant and an easy way out to address attraction issues at DHS. I know other things have been cloned, MK is a big clone of DL, but considering the unique nature of DHS, I'd really like to see something original. Ignoring the financial benefit of cloning, I think DHS deserves it's own identity. A clone on the scale of Carsland will further (IMO) diminish DHS identity. It needs it's own, unique attraction to set it apart from the "the place where rides go that fit no where else" moniker. If Disney has a plan, or an idea to expand this park, it'd be nice for a small hint. Maybe a veiled acknowledgment that, yes, something IS coming.

heatherkatheleen

I'm not against Carsland in and of it's self, but being that it'll be cloned and use existing ride tech at WDW (TT), it seems a little redundant and an easy way out to address attraction issues at DHS. I know other things have been cloned, MK is a big clone of DL, but considering the unique nature of DHS, I'd really like to see something original. Ignoring the financial benefit of cloning, I think DHS deserves it's own identity. A clone on the scale of Carsland will further (IMO) diminish DHS identity. It needs it's own, unique attraction to set it apart from the "the place where rides go that fit no where else" moniker. If Disney has a plan, or an idea to expand this park, it'd be nice for a small hint. Maybe a veiled acknowledgment that, yes, something IS coming.
After reading your post, I started thinking, and I agree... As cool as Cars Land is, it'll kind of diminish the individuality of DHS. It'd be nice to see DHS with something that is unique and that only they have.

M.rudolf

After reading your post, I started thinking, and I agree... As cool as Cars Land is, it'll kind of diminish the individuality of DHS. It'd be nice to see DHS with something that is unique and that only they have.
It has no identity now the only thing not in another park is Indy stunt show,backlot tour,Voyage of Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast stage shows. Everything else is in another park. Maybe Carsland can bring in some cohesiveness. At least Pixar Place will consist of more than just a ride and a gift kiosk. I don't want a clone either but it's something, the people at DL should be upset with this.

spacemt354

Chili's
It has no identity now the only thing not in another park is RNR ,Indy stunt show,backlot tour,Voyage of Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast stage shows. Everything else is in another park. Maybe Carsland can bring in some cohesiveness. At least Pixar Place will consist of more than just a ride and a gift kiosk. I don't want a clone either but it's something, the people at DL should be upset with this.

I don't think the Great Movie Ride is in another park, or Muppets for that matter (although i'm not as sure on the latter)

And RNR is in Disney Studios Paris.

But nevertheless, I used to feel that Carsland should be exclusive to DCA. It's an innovative expansion that has taken immersion and storytelling to a whole new level. But I've had a change of heart since visiting DHS last week. Although I really enjoyed my stay, I do think it needs a face lift, and Cars is the perfect shot in the arm for DHS, because it has already proven to be a success.

It's not about the exclusivity of attractions for me anymore. If that were the case then why are there several Magic Kingdoms scattered throughout the world with similar layouts and attractions such as Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and other classics. While I do feel Carsland throughout the world can be a bit redundant, I'm on board with the idea of bringing Radiator Springs Races, and a few other components from Carsland to DHS. To me, building RSR in DHS is like building Tower of Terror in DCA. Both had different origins and both are fantastic attractions.

If it aint broke, don't fix it. I don't buy the idea of WDW 'stealing' DCA's thunder. This type of thing has been done for both US parks throughout the years, and around the world as well. DCA will always be the park with the original Carsland (and probably the most immersive), and putting Cars in DHS is not taking anything away that fact. The imagination and creativity of TDA in building wonderful concept of theme park design will always be greeted with countless guests in the future.

What Disneyland is just going to stop building and attracting new guests after Carsland? Don't they have a rumored E-ticket Tomorrowland concept and DCA Phase 2 on the horizon. Disneyland is not done, not by a long shot. Both coasts will always continue to grow, and transporting a great attraction to the east coast so that others who maybe couldn't make it out to Cali can enjoy it...I don't see a problem with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom