Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

Disneyson 1

So is giant Maleficent making a surprise appearance, or is a makeshift dragon appearing in it's stead? Personally, I think that this whole Dragon buzz is making the wait even MORE enjoyable!

EPCOT Explorer

Hmm not so good news..... Well at least we still have the HD images, Flotsam and Jetsam and the new crocodile. As well as the rest of Summer Nightastic! You know I completly forgot about the "What will You Celebrate?" stuff after all the Summer Nightastic! hype.:ROFLOL:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-fantasmic-4605/

Sooo...Who will fight Mickey?
:lookaroun

AAAAAaaaand I was beaten to it.:lol: Malificent will be interesting.

sponono88

Original Poster
Ugh. I was trying to remain optimistic when the rumors first started to pop up. Now we have official confirmation.. and all I have to say is... this sucks! :brick: Honestly i'd rather have old bucky back. Old dragon = much better than no dragon at all.

This has to be embarrassing for Disney. They hyped up the dragon so much, made a commercial for it, and there's banners all over the resort with the dragon's face on them :shrug:

I'll be there Friday night of course.. but it won't be the same without Gertrude, or whatever the new dragon's name is :( The Malificent ending just doesn't do it for me. There's a video on youtube that shows the alternate ending.. i'll try to find it and post the link.

here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0981nCxh-ug

EPCOT Explorer

Ugh. I was trying to remain optimistic when the rumors first started to pop up. Now we have official confirmation.. and all I have to say is... this sucks! :brick: Honestly i'd rather have old bucky back. Old dragon = much better than no dragon at all.

This has to be embarrassing for Disney. They hyped up the dragon so much, made a commercial for it, and there's banners all over the resort with the dragon's face on them :shrug:

I'll be there Friday night of course.. but it won't be the same without Gertrude, or whatever the new dragon's name is :( The Malificent ending just doesn't do it for me. There's a video on youtube that shows the alternate ending.. i'll try to find it and post the link.

here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0981nCxh-ug
Yikes.:( That really does not work at all.

nemofinder22

Isnt this how the show was in its last 2 weeks before it went down for refrub? no dragon... good thing I'm not going till later in the summer and hopefully it will be back by then.

sponono88

Original Poster
This is REAL bad. I'd almost prefer static dragon over the Maleficent stuff.

It is bad.. I wonder what they're planning for the media event taking place Thursday night. kinda disappointing that they will be presenting the show to the media without the proper ending.

CrashNet

In a way it is like setting up a joke and never telling the punchline, but imagine if they pushed forward and it failed during the media event. That would be even worse.

Disneyson 1

Media day is said to feature Magical, Pixie Hollow, the Tomorrowland Dance Party, and possibly the Electrical Parade now, and F! will be shown as an aside. I think the reporters will be told to come back when the dragon is fixed.

EPCOT Explorer

In a way it is like setting up a joke and never telling the punchline, but imagine if they pushed forward and it failed during the media event. That would be even worse.
Indeed.:( It just hanging there. Mickey would have really won!:lol:
Media day is said to feature Magical, Pixie Hollow, the Tomorrowland Dance Party, and possibly the Electrical Parade now, and F! will be shown as an aside. I think the reporters will be told to come back when the dragon is fixed.

Ah. Well, maybe they will get some extra press.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom