Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

Disneyson 1

Yeah, the broken neck seems the worst of the problems. If they can get the head plastered onto the body, get the head in synch with the body, and somehow find out how to have it BREATHE FIRE, then they'll be fine. If not... looks like we have a LOT of problems, seeing that the whole of the ad campaign is based on the FRICKEN' DRAGON!!!!

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, the broken neck seems the worst of the problems. If they can get the head plastered onto the body, get the head in synch with the body, and somehow find out how to have it BREATHE FIRE, then they'll be fine. If not... looks like we have a LOT of problems, seeing that the whole of the ad campaign is based on the FRICKEN' DRAGON!!!!

They should have done it on Dumbo...Less of a hassle...:lol:

nemofinder22

Luckily the Dragon is a permanent addition and hopefully its fixed fast, I cant imagine the crowrds reaction when no dragon appears after all the heavy promotion. Sad thing about Dumbo is he's only for Magical, since Remember is returning in the fall, then replaced again with Believe for the holidays.

Oh and thanks for posting the videos sponono, Im a big fan of ggg11333's videos!

EPCOT Explorer

Luckily the Dragon is a permanent addition and hopefully its fixed fast, I cant imagine the crowrds reaction when no dragon appears after all the heavy promotion. Sad thing about Dumbo is he's only for Magical, since Remember is returning in the fall, then replaced again with Believe for the holidays.

Oh and thanks for posting the videos sponono, Im a big fan of ggg11333's videos!

I'm betting they will use Dumbo again...Maybe in Remember. for the FL section.:shrug:

Disneyson 1

You wish...

WISHES!!

~~~~~~~~*

Dumbo: I wish that I could fly...

Timothy: You can do it, Dumbo!!!

*Dumbo flies over MK while "Baby Mine" Plays*

:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Question: What do y'all think of the voice overs for the characters? I think most are pretty good and less corny than Wishes'. They only "bad" ones are Gipetto, and maybe Timothy. Mary Poppins sounds weird but passable...

Disneyson 1

I thought that Gepetto was pretty good, but at the beginning he sorta slipped into Pooh. Mary sounded more like "now" Julie Andrews and not like "then" Julie Andrews. And I thought Timothy was good!

EPCOT Explorer

I thought that Gepetto was pretty good, but at the beginning he sorta slipped into Pooh. Mary sounded more like "now" Julie Andrews and not like "then" Julie Andrews. And I thought Timothy was good!
:lol: I guess.

I don;t know, but wouldn't it be easier just to get the audio from the movie if the line fits. I know they can't do that with the three fairies, their lines are just for the show (but the actress that does them is superb!) but for MaryP, Cinderella, Tim and Gipetto...Yeah, they coulda.:shrug:

nemofinder22

I thought Mary Poppins and Cinderella were the strangest....

DisneyParks are released some videos for Summer Nightastic!

Fantasmic! Re-Imagined at the Disneyland Resort!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyhdu3h9WFw

Disneyland Musical Marriage Proposal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpojZ0COU3Y
notice the little hidden refrences to Summer Nightastic!

Fantasmic!- for the new HD images and projections, Flatsam and Jetsam, the new Crocodail and the new Dragon (hopefully soon)
Pixie Hallow- for the new enhancements so it can be open at night.
Electrical Parade- for the new Tinker Bell float and Tinker Bell effect on the floarts, the return of the Pinocchio and Snow White units, and the new music
and after she says yes listen carefully you'll here "it's a Summer Nightastic"

I think it is staged but Im pretty sure it must be real maybe they pulled some strings?

Nicole220

Question: What do y'all think of the voice overs for the characters? I think most are pretty good and less corny than Wishes'. They only "bad" ones are Gipetto, and maybe Timothy. Mary Poppins sounds weird but passable...
I think Timothy, Gepetto, and all the fairies (Blue, and the three from Sleeping Beauty) were teh better voices.

Mary and Cinderella were not good at all, imo.

CrashNet

Hmmm...imagine the stress level those guys must be under with the dragon. They can only really work on him after park close if he's already been installed on the island, so they technically have a little more than a day to try to get him working. On top of that, they usually like to test and tweak for a while and not just throw caution to the wind. Wonder how they're going to handle it...

EPCOT Explorer

Hmmm...imagine the stress level those guys must be under with the dragon. They can only really work on him after park close if he's already been installed on the island, so they technically have a little more than a day to try to get him working. On top of that, they usually like to test and tweak for a while and not just throw caution to the wind. Wonder how they're going to handle it...

Hopefully have him fixed and make Opening night his soft opening...:lookaroun

nemofinder22

Hmm not so good news..... Well at least we still have the HD images, Flotsam and Jetsam and the new crocodile. As well as the rest of Summer Nightastic! You know I completly forgot about the "What will You Celebrate?" stuff after all the Summer Nightastic! hype.:ROFLOL:

While the OMG Web rumors aren’t true, the new Maleficent dragon won’t make her scheduled debut this weekend at Disneyland in the upgraded Fantasmic show due to “technical issues.”

Disneyland officials say those “technical issues” do NOT include the latest Internet rumor du jour pinging around the Twittersphere — that the 40-foot-tall dragon’s neck snapped during testing and that the head fell off!
The show will go on sans the dragon — with the new Fantasmic making its official debut on Friday (June 12) with the new Flotsam and Jetsam eels and high-definition video projections on the mist screens.

The new dragon won’t join the show until “later this summer,” according to Disneyland officials. That likely translates to a delay of weeks rather than days for the iconic image of the Anaheim theme park’s Summer Nightastic marketing push.
Find the latest amusement and theme park news at the Los Angeles Times Funland blog: www.latimes.com/funland. Follow Funland on Twitter.
— Brady MacDonald, Los Angeles Times staff writer
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-fantasmic-4605/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom