Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

jt04

It's slow at the office today, and I've got nothing better to do... So let's take a few minutes to review the history of jt, shall we? More likely a secret crush on me.

Here's a nice litte gem, full of his predictions... Literally every single one, DEAD ON (this, by the way, is my favorite of the ones I've found so far!!):

"AI is strong in reviews despite the false claims of Yee and others, SM is getting a refurb far beyond what the cynics were claiming, work contiues on MI, (true at the time)new show for Stitch in TL (and the implications that has for SGE). I stand by SGE's days being numbered. The closing of CMM continues (and the implications of that)." Exactly. Nobody expected Pandora but CMM was obviously being phased out. Nailed that.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/not-good-news-for-wdw.391532/page-3#post-3311437

Here's a fun one about Space Mountain directly... In which he says:

"not only do I think it is the defining attraction at the MK but WDW and at least for now, the defining attraction for all Disney parks. If they had done a poor job on the MK's SM it would have been the greatest blunder ever at a Disney Park even surpassing the mistakes made originally at DCA. It is a great relief to know they are probably going to do this right." This is me desperately holding on to the idea of an awsome SM when things were going bad. Remeber this was before we knew about the FLE or all the refurbs we have seen and was wishful thinking born of fear at that time.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/breaking-news-space-mountain-rehab.400131/page-4#post-3349047

Here's a REAL laugher!!!! I'll let your words speak for themselves...

"Just realized what may be going on. Disney seems to be timing the new Space Mountain to the opening of TWWoHP. Could be an interesting competition!:king: " Again hoping against hope that Disney had not given up on WDW. Of course we did know at the time what we know now. These were dark days trying to keep the embers going and not believing they had given up on SM. Now it appears they did want SM to function as a placeholder while they fixed the MK with the idea of T-Land being the last piece of the puzzle.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/breaking-news-space-mountain-rehab.400131/page-14#post-3353880

Which was then followed up by all the ridiculous talk of what was done with SM as being a "prefurb", which you thought was going to be followed by a proper rebuild (this was in mid 2009). I still have the belief they may have great plans for T-Land and SM. Stay tuned.

Then there's the posts where when others were worried about MK capacity, you said it wasn't a concern, because they could push them to RnR or E:E (this goes directly against what you just said in your post I quoted above). For some reason you provide no quote here and I have no idea what this was in reference to. But I do think they should be willing to take stuff off-line more but I understand they have to appease operations and guest services and guests. Tourists! :rolleyes:

Or to quote you from another post: "It seems to me they are doing refurbs. I agree with you though that management has to stop worrrying about closing attractions for refurbs. There are tons of options on property. "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...tate-of-the-parks.440383/page-30#post-3598546

Here's one of your comments directly tying SM's botched refurb and its money to FLE:

"We just don't know that yet. ES has changed my viewpoint on SM when he informed us less than 20% of MK's guests go on the ride. Rather than looking at SM as being done "on the cheap", perhaps Disney has decided those dollars are better spent elsewhere. Like Fantasyland." This was dead on and it was Mr Sotto's information that began to change my perspective on why the emphasis was from SM to elswhere.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...this-mean-for-wdw.468640/page-41#post-3689820

A-HA! The smoking gun:

"See I think the claim the budgets were not related is not true. Lasseter said FL has been being planned for a long time.

I'm convinced we didn't get the rumored "Lee" SM because the budget was redirected to the expansion of the Magic Kingdom and the new FL.

And the cheers that were heard when the SM project were announced secretly to those who needed to know might have been for the new FL rather than the SM project. Possibly."
I am making it clear these are guesses fishing for some insider knowledge.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...important-sm-news.494182/page-16#post-3767569

There are FAR more... I just picked a handful. Shall I go on? :cool:
Please do. Everthing here is cherry picked and much is out of context. And oddly nothing very recent nor are there any quotes including the word pendulum. Sad attempt even by your standards.

I am willing to take your challange.

Buried20KLeague

I'm pretty sure he originally called FLE a "Potter Swatter" as well, but my memory of JT isn't so sharp considering his talking points change weekly and that was 3 years ago.

Calling FLE a "Potter Swatter"? You mean like here?? :

"So to take it a step further, whatever goes into the Cindy/Aurora space will involve substantially more on stage theming than LM or BatB. That is why I have expressed the opinion this area could indeed be a Potter Swatter should they choose. You are not only talking about a footprint similar to the Philharmagic/PPF/HoP complex but they could build multi-levels also if they decide to place the mine train (ride portion) at utilidor level. Because the complex will be built "in the round" there would be space for multiple attractions, shops and eateries. It could be built on three levels and still not throw off the scale of the expansion. If I were them I'd build it big even if some of the spaces were not utilized for years. It could be one of the best venues WDI has ever created with little financial risk. "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...land-for-expansion.632222/page-4#post-4288739

Or HERE:

"I'm not joking that they could create a potter swatter with this. The possibilities are mind boggling.:dazzle: "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/just-the-facts.622676/page-4#post-4261211

This one's good:

Oh yeah P-O-T-T-E-R S-W-A-T-T-E-R under construction.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/what-i-think-as-of-today-for-now.621259/page-22#post-4238822

;)

Although... On this topic, jt seemed to take this Potter Swatter stance on the FLE till it was obvious it was not going to be even close... At which point he started repeating that it was NOT a potter swatter, and instead moved on to other topics.

So... I'll leave it up to each of you to decide if he had a "change of heart" on the topic, or if he just spun away from that like he does with everything else.

jt04

I'm not, jt. To be completely honest, there were many more posts I came across, but when I read them in context of what was around it, I actually thought "okay, here he changed his mind" or "here he was convinced something had changed". Those I didn't link or mention at all. Everyone can change their tune from time to time.

If I picked every single outlandish post of yours, we'd be here for days. I picked ONLY the posts relavant to Space Mountain, and only those that were ridiculous when taken in context.

What subject should you like me to investigate next, jt? Hyperion Wharf? Mt. Promethius at AK? Downtown Disney? This is fun!!

What you are doing is deliberately taking posts out of context. Easy to do when there are over 12000 of them. I new you were capable of being a low life but may have underestimated you. I about you bring up one subject or quote or two at a time instead of throwing out so much out of context it makes no sense? Or would that then expose exactly how underhanded you are. That is what I think.

Keep it in context and I will play.

Buried20KLeague

I am willing to take your challange.

Ha. I'm not going to go one by one through your red-text. First of all, when you quote like that, there's really no way for me to directly reply to each one.

Second, most of your red-text is easily dismissed (surprisingly) as spin. Some of it doesn't even make sense.

Not sure what your point is that all of this is old stuff... In case you haven't noticed, the SM refurb has been over for a couple years, and that's the entire topic I was looking up.

You'd do yourself better to not attempt to dig out of your hole on each quote, and just move on. I believe you have been, as the kids say, pwned. :D

Captain Chaos

Why do people put up with this clown?

Ignore feature and move on, people. There seems to be a lot less dumb things on my timeline.
Yes, take this advise... good topics of conversations wind up being a roast to jt and the other troll-like minions.. and we wind up off course and off topic... ignore him and his ilk and our threads will be 100% better...

jt04

Calling FLE a "Potter Swatter"? You mean like here?? :

"So to take it a step further, whatever goes into the Cindy/Aurora space will involve substantially more on stage theming than LM or BatB. That is why I have expressed the opinion this area could indeed be a Potter Swatter should they choose. I stand by the notion that they could have turned the FLE into a Potter Swatter. There was still not much known at this time such as what was going into the area near the train station which was rumored to be a new dark ride at one point. Also the artist renderings made it look like they might be adding a looping coaster. We just did not know and much changed after I wrote this.You are not only talking about a footprint similar to the Philharmagic/PPF/HoP complex but they could build multi-levels also if they decide to place the mine train (ride portion) at utilidor level. Because the complex will be built "in the round" there would be space for multiple attractions, shops and eateries. It could be built on three levels and still not throw off the scale of the expansion. If I were them I'd build it big even if some of the spaces were not utilized for years. It could be one of the best venues WDI has ever created with little financial risk. "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...land-for-expansion.632222/page-4#post-4288739

Or HERE:

"I'm not joking that they could create a potter swatter with this. The possibilities are mind boggling.:dazzle: "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/just-the-facts.622676/page-4#post-4261211

This one's good:

Oh yeah P-O-T-T-E-R S-W-A-T-T-E-R under construction.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/what-i-think-as-of-today-for-now.621259/page-22#post-4238822

;)

Although... On this topic, jt seemed to take this Potter Swatter stance on the FLE till it was obvious it was not going to be even close... At which point he started repeating that it was NOT a potter swatter, and instead moved on to other topics. Yes, eventally I was able to get enough information to determine it was not. But there was a time we had no way of knowing. It was obvious they had not completed the plan and much changed as we now know. And I am right here you can actually refer to me in the first person.

So... I'll leave it up to each of you to decide if he had a "change of heart" on the topic, or if he just spun away from that like he does with everything else.

I did believe there was much more to the FLE when the artwork was first released. There were plenty of amazing rumors and it was very much a work in progress as we now know. I highlighted in red to clearly show much of what I was saying was conjecture. We were all fishing for details. Once we got those I accepted it was not a response to Potter. That was the whole point. Just to find out. Sad in a way you can't see that.

You got nothing except anger.

Buried20KLeague

What you are doing is deliberately taking posts out of context. Easy to do when there are over 12000 of them. I new you were capable of being a low life but may have underestimated you. I about you bring up one subject or quote or two at a time instead of throwing out so much out of context it makes no sense? Or would that then expose exactly how underhanded you are. That is what I think.

Keep it in context and I will play.

They're as much in context as possible without me posting literally entire threads.

YOU'RE the one that has said these outlandish things, over and over. No one else here says crazy things like SM's budget being funneled to the FLE.

You're allowed to say whatever ridiculous thing pops into your head (obviously), but be aware that occasionally it might come back to bite you, that's all.

jt04

Ha. I'm not going to go one by one through your red-text. First of all, when you quote like that, there's really no way for me to directly reply to each one.

Second, most of your red-text is easily dismissed (surprisingly) as spin. Some of it doesn't even make sense.

Not sure what your point is that all of this is old stuff... In case you haven't noticed, the SM refurb has been over for a couple years, and that's the entire topic I was looking up.

You'd do yourself better to not attempt to dig out of your hole on each quote, and just move on. I believe you have been, as the kids say, pwned. :D

Oh no, you started this and I am not letting you weasel out of it now. You know you got nothing and you thought I would slink away but that ain't happening. You threw your best "hit pieces" at me that are largely out of context and cherry picked. If you run away now you will prove you are nothing but a snake in the grass.

ChrisM

Oh no, you started this and I am not letting you weasel out of it now. You know you got nothing and you thought I would slink away but that ain't happening. You threw your best "hit pieces" at me that are largely out of context and cherry picked. If you run away now you will prove you are nothing but a snake in the grass.

:eek:

Buried20KLeague

I know, right??? ;)

It's exactly what I SAID the response would be.

If I wanted to toss aside all context, I could have posted MUCH more.

Here's the thing... If I posted all the crazy out of context stuff that he posted, I would open myself up to be proven wrong. So why would I do that?? Instead, I only chose to link to the posts that clearly and easily made my points. Simple as that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Post 741 should get nommed for post of the year here ...

Nah - there is no point in spelling out the obvious. There's nothing really to prove there :) It's not like it will make the guy change any.

It's like the old addage... Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you

Or maybe more fitting... "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference

The only way to top those types is to take away their fuel... which is people's reaction to them.

jt04

CLEARLY I'm concerned with what you think. :rolleyes:

Yet you have researched my postings so heavily. Odd. Clearly you have an agenda against me. And clearly you do not want to discuss the issues YOU brought up. Because I am certainly willing to as an adult and not some angry teenager you seem to be. What is your real problem?

Buried20KLeague

I did believe there was much more to the FLE when the artwork was first released. There were plenty of amazing rumors and it was very much a work in progress as we now know. I highlighted in red to clearly show much of what I was saying was conjecture. We were all fishing for details. Once we got those I accepted it was not a response to Potter. That was the whole point. Just to find out. Sad in a way you can't see that.

You got nothing except anger.

You understand that literally no one else was saying these things other than you at the time, right? THAT'S the point. No one else has these wildly swinging opinions and thoughts like you. Which, again, is totally fine for you to have. I'm just saying you can't get mad when someone brings them back up to you down the road. They're out there. You wrote them. No one else did. I'm simply reminding people of what you've said.

Go ahead. Find anything that I've posted that's even close to outlandish. I have strong opinions, just like you... I just keep mine based in reality. There's no problem with our differences... But don't get upset when they're pointed out.

jt04

I know, right??? ;)

It's exactly what I SAID the response would be.

If I wanted to toss aside all context, I could have posted MUCH more.

Here's the thing... If I posted all the crazy out of context stuff that he posted, I would open myself up to be proven wrong. So why would I do that?? Instead, I only chose to link to the posts that clearly and easily made my points. Simple as that.

I am right here 20K. Deal with me or prove you are a coward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom