Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

jt04

Hah.. I think he did ALL of the things we listed that he would do in response to your post:
will be spun in a way so that the true-at-this-moment reasoning was buried in between his lines all along? Check.
Or maybe that he was misled? Check.
Or there was some reason that made him change his opinion publicly, but that privately he was always spot on? Check.
The more likely response is that somehow I took the comments out of context? Check.

That is because all of these are true. But you know that. Bring back 20K. Or is she under a rock to stay warm for the evening?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nah - there is no point in spelling out the obvious. There's nothing really to prove there :) It's not like it will make the guy change any.

It's like the old addage... Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you

Or maybe more fitting... "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference

The only way to top those types is to take away their fuel... which is people's reaction to them.

True 'nuff.
But at some point, you wonder what the point of the person even being here really is. And he's quite nasty when he chooses to be. The newbie trolls get chased off, but the wacko one is sorta grandfathered in since he's been here so long.

Buried20KLeague

That is because all of these are true. But you know that. Bring back 20K. Or is she under a rock to stay warm for the evening?

She? How DARE you, sir. Or is it Ma'am? ;)

I'm a guy. Hopefully that doesn't make the idea of me having a crush on you uncomfortable for you.

WDW1974

Original Poster
i-kJpd4DQ-M.jpg

It's time to move on...

C'mon ... comparing JT OR even Buried 20K to Gandhi?!?!

I mean, me ... that would make sense ... but ... :D

Jimmy Thick

I would never ignore jt04, I like watching the arguments too much. Im willing to let a few discussions go off rails just to see what happens.

jt04 stands proudly against the doom and gloom brigade like a single Spartan against the whole Persian army.

jt is still standing.

Jimmy Thick- No, it not a tear in my eye, it just started raining...

jt04

Differing of opinion is just fine. I didn't quote your posts because you took a different stance than everyone else. I quoted your posts because you changed your story on the whole SM topic and I wanted to prove it. My first response to you simply said that I remembered you saying the budget was moved to FLE. I did believe this and stated for that reason. Martin came in and explained why I was wrong and I learned something. Others, I would suggest, may have learned something too. As soon as I posted it, I thought "well, I bet he's going to say he didn't say that, or spin it" No I remeber saying it because I believed it.(I wonder why). So I thought I ought to try to find where he said that, so I can prove he said it. So I started searching. Which I've never done before today. And it was sort of fun to read all the nonsense you posted on the topic. Next thing you know, I was having a good laugh that I felt should be shared with the class. Simple as that. I can accept this. But it is important to realize I am most often posting to try and learn something. I love to goad people into adding insights we did not have before. If I look silly doing it then so be it. That makes it even more rewarding truth be told.

You're worried about the "could be" and "possibly"'s that you had in the posts. That's fine. Let the reader decide. I surely didn't edit your posts at all... Wherever you had "could be" in a post, it's right in there. If I edited what you said, I could see where you would be mad. But that's not the case.

I actually would argue that if people went back and read the posts surrounding those that I quoted, most of those "could be"'s were more you playing CYA for down the road as opposed to you just really not being sure.

Someday it will click for you and you will fully understand jt04-ese. There is a method to it. You just have to take my word for it. I believe Steve understands this or he would have banned me eons ago.

PS- I love how a certain spirit is using the WDWmagic analog of the Bat Signal to try to get Steves attention. Good luck with that spirit.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Differing of opinion is just fine. I didn't quote your posts because you took a different stance than everyone else. I quoted your posts because you changed your story on the whole SM topic and I wanted to prove it. My first response to you simply said that I remembered you saying the budget was moved to FLE. As soon as I posted it, I thought "well, I bet he's going to say he didn't say that, or spin it" (I wonder why). So I thought I ought to try to find where he said that, so I can prove he said it. So I started searching. Which I've never done before today. And it was sort of fun to read all the nonsense you posted on the topic. Next thing you know, I was having a good laugh that I felt should be shared with the class. Simple as that.

You're worried about the "could be" and "possibly"'s that you had in the posts. That's fine. Let the reader decide. I surely didn't edit your posts at all... Wherever you had "could be" in a post, it's right in there. If I edited what you said, I could see where you would be mad. But that's not the case.

I actually would argue that if people went back and read the posts surrounding those that I quoted, most of those "could be"'s were more you playing CYA for down the road as opposed to you just really not being sure.

Why 'splain yourself? You have a rep here. The hoot that is JT has a rep as well.

I won't respond to him any longer beyond when he just flat out lies about me and my points (apparently he thought I was going to allow him to say I thought the Avengers was going to flop just pass).

It's funny no one else can ever be wrong without agendas, no one else can ever misspeak, but JT ... that hoot ... he can say whatever he wishes and when his inconsistencies and flat out inaccuracies are pointed out that's when his fangs come out.

What, FRANKly, bothers me is he is very good at derailing discussions. This is the best, most important one going on ANY Disney fan forum this week -- and not because I started it, but because what is being said. So, why should one person be allowed to turn it into a sideshow. I hope he doesn't have any incriminating photos!;)

jt04

jt04 stands proudly against the doom and gloom brigade like a single Spartan against the whole Persian army.

jt is still standing.

Jimmy Thick- No, it not a tear in my eye, it just started raining...

I love being the Lone Wolf although I like your analogy too. So many here just sharpen my skills. Maybe I will go into politics someday.

And thanks.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Someday it will click for you and you will fully understand jt04-ese. There is a method to it. You just have to take my word for it. I believe Steve understands this or he would have banned me eons ago.

My guess is page clicks and humour because you add absolutely nothing beyond that.

PS- I love how a certain spirit is using the WDWmagic analog of the Bat Signal to try to get Steves attention. Good luck with that spirit.

I think Steve well knows my opinion on you. This site would be far better if you weren't here. But that isn't my call and I haven't suggested that to him in YEARS., so again you have no idea what you are talking about. Now ... you wanna play? Well, it's a Friday night and I got plans, so go play with yourself.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It was for your post earlier about you talking about yourself from 2009.. but I was too lazy to go back again to quote it :)

The move on comment was for those wasting time trying to prove the fool a fool

I like it even more now!!!

I just fear leaving this thread and checking in 5-6 hours from now ... or tomorrow. How scary will it be?

Jimmy Thick

My guess is page clicks and humour because you add absolutely nothing beyond that.

I think Steve well knows my opinion on you. This site would be far better if you weren't here. But that isn't my call and I haven't suggested that to him in YEARS., so again you have no idea what you are talking about. Now ... you wanna play? Well, it's a Friday night and I got plans, so go play with yourself.

35k313.jpg

Jimmy Thick- Someone is constipated...

Rose Marie

I started reading this forum back when Lee leaked the plans for the Snow White coaster, and back then, I thought that JT was the best troll I'd ever seen. Surely, NOBODY could be obtuse as he being was in that thread, and I thought it was hilarious that everybody kept falling for it. Well, now, after 2(?) years, I've concluded that yes, JT is that obtuse. A part of me kind of died when i realized that he wasn't trolling and was 100% serious about all the drivel he posts. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom