Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

Buried20KLeague

Don't worry, I'm sure all that evidence will be spun in a way so that the true-at-this-moment reasoning was buried in between his lines all along. Or maybe that he was misled. Or there was some reason that made him change his opinion publicly, but that privately he was always spot on. ;)

So wait... Are you telling me you think he's going to try to spin my post? o_O

The more likely response is that somehow I took the comments out of context. :rolleyes:

WDW1974

Original Poster
So 74 are you comfortable enough that the rest of the information that you were talking about earlier could be accurate that you could post more please:) If not I completely understand.

Edit: I mean about the new additions you were talking about

I'll post info (as has been my history) when I feel comfortable doing so. There are many fluid isssues as to exactly what will (and won't) happen and rather than just list a bunch of stuff that might happen (or might not), I'll stand on what I've said so far.

As Buried 20K has show by digging up a 2009 thread, I sorta knew what I was talking about back then and still do (Oh, and I realize his point was to point out the buffoonery of another poster, which he did a masterful job of ... but I couldn't help noticing my points on Space Mountain's lousy redo ... or nothing coming to Imagination for a long time ... or nothing on the horizon for WDW ... and some folks didn't want to agree with reality.
:D

WDW1974

Original Poster
You give some small hope with the first paragraph, then swiftly take it away with the second :). Reality is a bitter pill to swallow when it comes to WDW these days.

Has been since the change in business models back in the 1990s.

Some people have just been slow to the steady decline because every so often there will be a little something that gets you excited and thinking there may be better days a coming ... of course, that's sorta what this thread is designed to do too.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Dang Spirit, now you've got me sifting my gray matter trying to figure out your screen name on RADP back in the day!:)

BTW, interresting RADP post back on 6/22 by a WDI type:
"10 big-budget projects green-lit (2 for DL and 8 for WDW)"o_O

Good luck. I was much lower profile Spirit in those days. And I should have stuck with that and realized that many Disney 'fans' belong in psych wards. But what are ya going to do ... all these years later and I am a faded Hollywood diva living in a mansion that is crumbling while ... where did that come from?

I wasn't aware RADP even still existed in any real form ... as to the 'WDI type' ... well, I'd have to know him/her to comment. But while I agree with the DL projects, I think he'she is getting ahead on WDW ... there are projects up for approval, but no eight big-budget projects did not get approved.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So wait... Are you telling me you think he's going to try to spin my post? o_O

The more likely response is that somehow I took the comments out of context. :rolleyes:

I just hope he goes off to fantasy football camp ... it gets tiring even ignoring him (and he makes that difficult when outright lying about my opinions).

Buried20KLeague

Post 741 should get nommed for post of the year here ...

Aw shucks, 74. :oops:

It's the best I could do, seeing as I don't have all the inside knowledge of Lee, Martin, Raven... And I guess you. Kinda.

There are some real laughers in there. Really. The first one is great, and so is the one about the SM refurb being a Potter Swatter. I don't laugh out loud when I read very often, and three separate times I was asked by one of the girls here what was so funny!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Aw shucks, 74. :oops:

It's the best I could do, seeing as I don't have all the inside knowledge of Lee, Martin, Raven... And I guess you. Kinda.

That's OK ... besides, who are these Lee, Martin and Raven characters? I have never heard of them.

There are some real laughers in there. Really. The first one is great, and so is the one about the SM refurb being a Potter Swatter. I don't laugh out loud when I read very often, and three separate times I was asked by one of the girls here what was so funny!

I laugh at JT frequently ... he is a hoot ... that boy ... as they say in North Carolina, bless his heart!

Daannzzz

Dang Spirit, now you've got me sifting my gray matter trying to figure out your screen name on RADP back in the day!:)

BTW, interresting RADP post back on 6/22 by a WDI type:
"10 big-budget projects green-lit (2 for DL and 8 for WDW)"o_O

TeevTee, PeteyGold, Arstogas???

HenryMystic

I'm pretty sure he originally called FLE a "Potter Swatter" as well, but my memory of JT isn't so sharp considering his talking points change weekly and that was 3 years ago.

I was happy to see the word "Prefurb" again this morning. Nearly spit out my coffee!

jt04

When the SM refurb was announced and it was learned that it was severely downsized from a full-blown rebuild and re-imagine to a basic "spit-and-polish", you told us all that you were sure it was because they had taken money from the SM project to dump into the FL project (which has had it's budget CUT from initial estimates given by Disney, NOT increased at all).

Now, with your constant revisionist history mindset, they just didn't want to close it because of capacity, and they didn't want to change the height requirement???

You know... I think your suggestion that you need to spend more time with football is a FABULOUS idea.

This just proves I am not set in my ways and willing to learn something new. Unlike some pod people :eek: around here.

Don't be a pod person.

Animaniac93-98

Pod People!?:

2589699026_369dc2fa99.jpg

I guess that makes JT the stupid kid. Figures.

Expo_Seeker40

They've been "planning" a fix for Tomorrowland since 1995 when the budget ran out of money and we were left stuck with a land halfway between Jules Verne and the 1970s. The land has hardly changed since...the TTA is in terrible shape, but it got a new narration that...yes...is as adversity as ORAC-1, but doesn't have the "soul" ORAC-1 had, then we got the astro orbiter on top, that hasn't changed, across the way you have the CoP being 99.9% as it was in 1994, Buzz with it's modified vehicles that date back to the days of "If You Had Wings" a long with same track and ride layout. Sure, we have Laugh Floor, which sits inside the obviously gutted circle vision theatre with cheap plastic seats and lamps. Across the way in Stitch using the same infrastructure not just from Alien, but all the way back to Flight to the Moon...and the speedway.....well need I say more....and just like Martin said...the space mountain refurb was nothing sticking on duct tape to fix something.

Buried20KLeague

This just proves I am not set in my ways and willing to learn something new. Unlike some pod people :eek: around here.

Don't be a pod person.

I'm not, jt. To be completely honest, there were many more posts I came across, but when I read them in context of what was around it, I actually thought "okay, here he changed his mind" or "here he was convinced something had changed". Those I didn't link or mention at all. Everyone can change their tune from time to time.

If I picked every single outlandish post of yours, we'd be here for days. I picked ONLY the posts relavant to Space Mountain, and only those that were ridiculous when taken in context.

What subject should you like me to investigate next, jt? Hyperion Wharf? Mt. Promethius at AK? Downtown Disney? This is fun!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom