Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

Buried20KLeague

Oh no, you started this and I am not letting you weasel out of it now. You know you got nothing and you thought I would slink away but that ain't happening. You threw your best "hit pieces" at me that are largely out of context and cherry picked. If you run away now you will prove you are nothing but a snake in the grass.

Name calling? Come on, jt... I thought you were bigger than that! ;)

I've got nothing to defend. These are your posts. They speak for themselves. Just own up to them, and move on.

jt04

You understand that literally no one else was saying these things other than you at the time, right? THAT'S the point. No one else has these wildly swinging opinions and thoughts like you. Which, again, is totally fine for you to have. I'm just saying you can't get mad when someone brings them back up to you down the road. They're out there. You wrote them. No one else did. I'm simply reminding people of what you've said.

Go ahead. Find anything that I've posted that's even close to outlandish. I have strong opinions, just like you... I just keep mine based in reality. There's no problem with our differences... But don't get upset when they're pointed out.

Thanks I am glad you approve of my posting style. How open-minded of you.

I love when people bring up what I have said in the past. I do use conjecture to goad Lee and other insiders because it works. But I clearly state when I am engaged in conjecture and when I am not. That you have trouble telling the difference is your problem not mine.

jt04

Name calling? Come on, jt... I thought you were bigger than that! ;)

I've got nothing to defend. These are your posts. They speak for themselves. Just own up to them, and move on.

You have deliberately misrepresented them by taking them out of their historical context at the time and by the order you used them. Not to mention choosing the ones to serve your agenda. That is snake stuff. Own up to it.

Buried20KLeague

Yet you have researched my postings so heavily. Odd. Clearly you have an agenda against me. And clearly you do not want to discuss the issues YOU brought up. Because I am certainly willing to as an adult and not some angry teenager you seem to be. What is your real problem?

The research was fun. I got started and couldn't stop. Maybe I DO have a crush on you. ;)

An argument with me based on QUOTED posts that YOU wrote makes no sense. What am I arguing? That you said those things? That's not an argument... You're not denying you wrote it all. ??

I simply posted old things you said, the readers can judge for themselves. I invite you to do the same with me. But to be clear, when I quoted you, I linked to the post, and didn't edit them at all. I would expect you play fair, and do the same. Feel free. I don't believe my words could be used against me.

jt04

The research was fun. I got started and couldn't stop. Maybe I DO have a crush on you. ;)

An argument with me based on QUOTED posts that YOU wrote makes no sense. What am I arguing? That you said those things? That's not an argument... You're not denying you wrote it all. ??

I simply posted old things you said, the readers can judge for themselves. I invite you to do the same with me. But to be clear, when I quoted you, I linked to the post, and didn't edit them at all. I would expect you play fair, and do the same. Feel free. I don't believe my words could be used against me.

Again I am asking you to state your understanding of what I was saying on any given subject without throwing up so much information so as to hopelessly muddy the waters. And clearly you fear that conversation because it will expose you for what you are. Put up or shut up I say.

Buried20KLeague

You have deliberately misrepresented them by taking them out of their historical context at the time and by the order you used them. Not to mention choosing the ones to serve your agenda. That is snake stuff. Own up to it.

I completely don't feel I did what you're suggesting. Again, even at the time, you were the only person saying the kinds of things you were saying. That means I took them in context. If a dozen other people were saying the same things, and then changed their minds, then posting what you wrote would be "out of context". But that's simply not the case. You were the only one. That makes them "in context".

By the way... You'll notice that I gave you credit when changing your tune on the FLE being a potter swatter. But the fact is... That doesn't change the claims you made about it initially.

WDWFigment

It's slow at the office today, and I've got nothing better to do... So let's take a few minutes to review the history of jt, shall we?

Here's a nice litte gem, full of his predictions... Literally every single one, DEAD ON (this, by the way, is my favorite of the ones I've found so far!!):

"AI is strong in reviews despite the false claims of Yee and others, SM is getting a refurb far beyond what the cynics were claiming, work contiues on MI, new show for Stitch in TL (and the implications that has for SGE). The closing of CMM continues (and the implications of that)."
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/not-good-news-for-wdw.391532/page-3#post-3311437

Here's a fun one about Space Mountain directly... In which he says:

"not only do I think it is the defining attraction at the MK but WDW and at least for now, the defining attraction for all Disney parks. If they had done a poor job on the MK's SM it would have been the greatest blunder ever at a Disney Park even surpassing the mistakes made originally at DCA. It is a great relief to know they are probably going to do this right."
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/breaking-news-space-mountain-rehab.400131/page-4#post-3349047

Here's a REAL laugher!!!! I'll let your words speak for themselves...

"Just realized what may be going on. Disney seems to be timing the new Space Mountain to the opening of TWWoHP. Could be an interesting competition!:king: "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/breaking-news-space-mountain-rehab.400131/page-14#post-3353880

Which was then followed up by all the ridiculous talk of what was done with SM as being a "prefurb", which you thought was going to be followed by a proper rebuild (this was in mid 2009).

Then there's the posts where when others were worried about MK capacity, you said it wasn't a concern, because they could push them to RnR or E:E (this goes directly against what you just said in your post I quoted above).

Or to quote you from another post: "It seems to me they are doing refurbs. I agree with you though that management has to stop worrrying about closing attractions for refurbs. There are tons of options on property. "

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...tate-of-the-parks.440383/page-30#post-3598546

Here's one of your comments directly tying SM's botched refurb and its money to FLE:

"We just don't know that yet. ES has changed my viewpoint on SM when he informed us less than 20% of MK's guests go on the ride. Rather than looking at SM as being done "on the cheap", perhaps Disney has decided those dollars are better spent elsewhere. Like Fantasyland."

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...this-mean-for-wdw.468640/page-41#post-3689820

A-HA! The smoking gun:

"See I think the claim the budgets were not related is not true. Lasseter said FL has been being planned for a long time.

I'm convinced we didn't get the rumored "Lee" SM because the budget was redirected to the expansion of the Magic Kingdom and the new FL.

And the cheers that were heard when the SM project were announced secretly to those who needed to know might have been for the new FL rather than the SM project. Possibly."

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...important-sm-news.494182/page-16#post-3767569

There are FAR more... I just picked a handful. Shall I go on? :cool:

Everything you say ends up being spun later... BY YOU. That's what's so funny. You do it to yourself. I picture you sitting at home as John Lovitz in a smoking jacket constantly saying "Yeah!!! THAT'S the ticket!!!" Your constant back and forth makes virtually everything you say easy to dismiss. Yet you either have no idea you do it (which would be sad), or refuse to admit that you realize you do it (which is much more likely, and ALSO sad).

Also... A word to the wise... NONE OF YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ THE PROGRESSION OF THE SM REFURB. The whole thing goes from optimistic and happy to insiders sharing the massive cutbacks, to the depression of the reveal. It ain't pretty.

I don't find it amusing when anyone picks on the mentally unstable. ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
i-kJpd4DQ-M.jpg

It's time to move on...

jt04

I completely don't feel I did what you're suggesting. Again, even at the time, you were the only person saying the kinds of things you were saying. That means I took them in context. If a dozen other people were saying the same things, and then changed their minds, then posting what you wrote would be "out of context". But that's simply not the case. You were the only one. That makes them "in context".

By the way... You'll notice that I gave you credit when changing your tune on the FLE being a potter swatter. But the fact is... That doesn't change the claims you made about it initially.

Why would it matter a wit if I was the only one discussing something in a way nobody else was. This is not a place for a single opinion. Can't we have one non-pod person?

By context I mean that much of what you posted insinuated what I was saying was fact. However clearly (in most cases anyway) I was engaged in conjecture. I always clearly define when I am using conjecture. Most people can discern the difference. You don't seem to be able to and it causes you distress I guess.

So again. how about we discuss any particular subject so that I can remove your erroneous thinking? Or perhaps you need to hold onto it for some reason.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I don't find it amusing when anyone picks on the mentally unstable. ;)

I do ... it's hysterical ... been working, but checking in on this ... and all I can say is I am ROTFLMFAO as the kids would say (or likely would have about 8 years ago).

I ever write my book on Mental Health and The Disney Fan Community: How Pixie Dust Poisons The Mind, Frank is getting a whole chapter devoted to him. Maybe more ...

TimeTrip

Ha. I'm not going to go one by one through your red-text. First of all, when you quote like that, there's really no way for me to directly reply to each one.

Second, most of your red-text is easily dismissed (surprisingly) as spin. Some of it doesn't even make sense.

Not sure what your point is that all of this is old stuff... In case you haven't noticed, the SM refurb has been over for a couple years, and that's the entire topic I was looking up.

You'd do yourself better to not attempt to dig out of your hole on each quote, and just move on. I believe you have been, as the kids say, pwned. :D

Hah.. I think he did ALL of the things we listed that he would do in response to your post:
will be spun in a way so that the true-at-this-moment reasoning was buried in between his lines all along? Check.
Or maybe that he was misled? Check.
Or there was some reason that made him change his opinion publicly, but that privately he was always spot on? Check.
The more likely response is that somehow I took the comments out of context? Check.

Buried20KLeague

Why would it matter a wit if I was the only one discussing something in a way nobody else was. This is not a place for a single opinion. Can't we have one non-pod person?

By context I mean that much of what you posted insinuated what I was saying was fact. However clearly (in most cases anyway) I was engaged in conjecture. I always clearly define when I am using conjecture. Most people can discern the difference. You don't seem to be able to and it causes you distress I guess.

So again. how about we discuss any particular subject so that I can remove your erroneous thinking? Or perhaps you need to hold onto it for some reason.

Differing of opinion is just fine. I didn't quote your posts because you took a different stance than everyone else. I quoted your posts because you changed your story on the whole SM topic and I wanted to prove it. My first response to you simply said that I remembered you saying the budget was moved to FLE. As soon as I posted it, I thought "well, I bet he's going to say he didn't say that, or spin it" (I wonder why). So I thought I ought to try to find where he said that, so I can prove he said it. So I started searching. Which I've never done before today. And it was sort of fun to read all the nonsense you posted on the topic. Next thing you know, I was having a good laugh that I felt should be shared with the class. Simple as that.

You're worried about the "could be" and "possibly"'s that you had in the posts. That's fine. Let the reader decide. I surely didn't edit your posts at all... Wherever you had "could be" in a post, it's right in there. If I edited what you said, I could see where you would be mad. But that's not the case.

I actually would argue that if people went back and read the posts surrounding those that I quoted, most of those "could be"'s were more you playing CYA for down the road as opposed to you just really not being sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom