Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not saying it can't be done at the Studios, but going the way I see Indy should be going it would class with the theme of Studios.:shrug:

Besides...there's an Adventureland plot open, so it wouldn't have to replace anything.:lol:

Either way, it works.

Like I said...PHILOSOPHICALLY....it doesn't.:lol::lookaroun

Still hope it happens, either way.:lol:

Iger said he was going to tie in Marvel with existing attractions. Any idea of what attractions hes talking about? Also Epcot is the only park out of the four that doesn't need another thrill ride.

jt04

Besides, the studios desperately needs a ride like Indy at the park. Especially on the right side since all the attention is focued on ToT and RnRc on the left side of the park.

Lefty loosy, righty tighty. Looks at shoes. Checks compass. Checks google earth.

Wilt Dasney

I'm not a fan of the "You're on a film set" queue that transitions to "OK, forget that, now you're really experiencing this" on the ride that goes back to "Hey, wasn't that a cool movie?" for the exit. It's all too meta for me.

Why not throw in a couple more layers of reality to thoroughly confuse the hell out of the audience, like say they step into a TV show that has them walk into a storybook that puts them on a film set where they audition for a ride and then get transported into the actual situation? And right before they enter the gift shop, you can reveal it was all a dream. :hammer:

Nice to know the drift in this thread has pretty much achieved terminal velocity by this point. :king:

The Conundrum

I'm not a fan of the "You're on a film set" queue that transitions to "OK, forget that, now you're really experiencing this" on the ride that goes back to "Hey, wasn't that a cool movie?" for the exit. It's all too meta for me.

Why not throw in a couple more layers of reality to thoroughly confuse the hell out of the audience, like say they step into a TV show that has them walk into a storybook that puts them on a film set where they audition for a ride and then get transported into the actual situation? And right before they enter the gift shop, you can reveal it was all a dream. :hammer:

Nice to know the drift in this thread has pretty much achieved terminal velocity by this point. :king:

100% agree

Don't get me wrong movie making is cool but it doesn't work to have the ride set on a film set. It ruins revenge of the mummy and Orlando's Star Tours for me.

I grew up with Star Tours being in the MK (Disneyland) and it works so much better as a spaceport IN Tomorrowlnad especially since they tied it in with the Peoplemover and they had other spaceport themed attractions(Mission to Mars, Space Mountain) as well as other Lucas attractions (Captain Eo). It worked so much better that way.

In Orlando, what they should have done was dropped the "live set" theme and turn it into a Lucas fantasyland with an Indy section (complete with ride!) and a Star Wars area that includes the Cantina as a sit down restuarant and Star Tours.

jt04

100% agree

Don't get me wrong movie making is cool but it doesn't work to have the ride set on a film set. It ruins revenge of the mummy and Orlando's Star Tours for me.

I grew up with Star Tours being in the MK (Disneyland) and it works so much better as a spaceport IN Tomorrowlnad especially since they tied it in with the Peoplemover and they had other spaceport themed attractions(Mission to Mars, Space Mountain) as well as other Lucas attractions (Captain Eo). It worked so much better that way.

In Orlando, what they should have done was dropped the "live set" theme and turn it into a Lucas fantasyland with an Indy section (complete with ride!) and a Star Wars area that includes the Cantina as a sit down restuarant and Star Tours.

Yessir. Time to drop the "working studio" backstory.

EPCOT Explorer

We need EpcotServo in here.:lol: He is paramount in explaining this.:lol:

EpcotServo

They did...It's called Revenge of the Mummy.

Hi-ohhhhhh!

Anyways, I can't believe you guys are still talking about this. I had the final world...Disneyland is better, If we get Indy it needs to go Magic Kingdom both due to Kingdom's Theme and Philosophy, and that's it. Now out chu pixies go, tchrough the door and out the window!

jt04

They did...It's called Revenge of the Mummy.

Hi-ohhhhhh!

Anyways, I can't believe you guys are still talking about this. I had the final world...Disneyland is better, If we get Indy it needs to go Magic Kingdom both due to Kingdom's Theme and Philosophy, and that's it. Now out chu pixies go, tchrough the door and out the window!

Indy works in Lucasland. I still don't know what you think of individual studio showcase "lands" for DHS. :shrug:

EpcotServo

Indy works in Lucasland. I still don't know what you think of individual studio showcase "lands" for DHS. :shrug:

It's a terrible, terrible, idea. I recently did a full length and exhaustive argument on Theme and Studios, so I'm done with writing about it. You can read it all starting here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=481002&page=7

But I mention a few times, the "Grouping" of areas in the park are important. "Lands" would not serve the theme well. Streets and Areas work best for the Theme.

Yes Indy would work at Studios, but the experience of being in a Temple fending off ancient evils with Indiana Jones, is much, much, more connected to the idea of Adventure, and futhermore reliving youth-like fantasies. Which is the Theme of Magic Kingdom.

Indy fits because Indy is already there, doesn't entirely work, since the experience of Epic is one of seeing how Stunt men and women work their magic. Indiana Jones films are the backdrop for this experience. Just like Indiana Jones is the backdrop for you exploring an ancient temple is with the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Either way, the point is...I WANNA' GO TO DISNEYLAND AGAIN.

:lookaroun

:lol:

The Conundrum

It's a terrible, terrible, idea. I recently did a full length and exhaustive argument on Theme and Studios, so I'm done with writing about it. You can read it all starting here:

But I mention a few times, the "Grouping" of areas in the park are important. "Lands" would not serve the theme well. Streets and Areas work best for the Theme.

Yes Indy would work at Studios, but the experience of being in a Temple fending off ancient evils with Indiana Jones, is much, much, more connected to the idea of Adventure, and futhermore reliving youth-like fantasies. Which is the Theme of Magic Kingdom.

Indy fits because Indy is already there, doesn't entirely work, since the experience of Epic is one of seeing how Stunt men and women work their magic. Indiana Jones films are the backdrop for this experience. Just like Indiana Jones is the backdrop for you exploring an ancient temple is with the Indiana Jones Adventure.

What if they were to drop the "studios" and just call it Disney's Hollywood or Disney's Hollywoodland?

me too! Funny thing is I will be across the street from it this weekend! lol

EPCOT Explorer

That was a discussion, dear Servo.;):lookaroun

EpcotServo

What if they were to drop the "studios" and just call it Disney's Hollywood or Disney's Hollywoodland?

Again I refer to my exhaustive arguments on the matter. "Hollywood" is not, and has never been the Theme of the park. Hollywood is an important part in the large Theme, but it isn't the center.

And even if it were, a park called "Hollywood" with Lands dividing properties and licenses would be very counter-productive to Hollywood as a Theme.

If it were to be accomplished, it would have to be done minimalist. A perfect example is Pixar Place. At face, it's the part of the Studios where Pixar works and plays. But being Pixar, the play is magical and larger than life seeing as how they work with Toys.

Another reason why I think, is because the set up in Star Tours and this proposed Indy is too similar. At Studios all the rides have a different take on how they are putting you on to the Center Stage, and it works very well.

The Conundrum

WALT Disney's Hollywood would be awesome. Give it a Walt spin, too.:D:lookaroun

Are you going into DL, at all!?:eek:

Unfortunatly no I wont have the time. I only have a weekend there and have to split it between D23 and family.

Now if the rumors about Captain Eo coming back next year are true you can bet your boots I will be in that park faster than you can say "imagination"

Oh btw, I heard a rumor that Dreamfinder w/Figment will be a walkaround charecter at D23 but nobody is able to confirm.

EPCOT Explorer

Unfortunatly no I wont have the time. I only have a weekend there and have to split it between D23 and family.

Now if the rumors about Captain Eo coming back next year are true you can bet your boots I will be in that park faster than you can say "imagination"

Oh btw, I heard a rumor that Dreamfinder w/Figment will be a walkaround charecter at D23 but nobody is able to confirm.
Aw, sorry to hear that.:(

And if that's true...Wow! :D I doubt they would do that, unless JII was getting some love?

Oh goodness.:lookaroun:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom