Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

imagineer boy

I'd prefer that DHS is simply named "Walt Disney Studios" or perhaps just "Disney Studios Florida." The "Hollywood" part in the title is completely unnecessary IMO.

Skip

At least WDW keeps some of their classic attractions . Universal Studios just butchers whatever they have left from their golden age.

Disney destroyed Horizons, World of Motion, Journey into Imagination, 20K Under the Sea, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (not a major attraction, but undoubtedly a classic), The Enchanted Tiki Room, and The Timekeeper. And that's just Disney World... I could name many more at Disneyland. Disney butchers a significant portion of their golden age of attractions as well. Some are given suitable replacements (Toad/Pooh, World of Motion/Test Track), while others are given inferior replacements (Timekeeper/Monsters, Tropical Serenade/Under New Management, Horizons/Mission: Space, Imagination 1.0/2.0/3.0). And finally, some are left to rot (20K) and are replaced with nothing.

Universal is guilty of killing some of their best attractions as well. They've killed Kong (which received a suitable replacement: Mummy), Back to the Future (suitable replacement: Simpsons), Ghostbusters (inferior replacement: Twister), and Alfred Hithcock (inferior replacement: Shrek). It happens in both parks.

Universal Studios is not a museum.
So youre telling me it was right to close Ghostbusters and replace it with the god awful Twister. Replace the Dynamite Stunt show with the horrible Universal 360. So you justify World of Motion being torn down as well as Horizons which were both superb attractions. 20,000 leagues under the sea being closed and replaced with poohs playful spot. That was one of the greatest WDW attractions ever built. As well as Alien Encounter being replaced with Stitch, Timekeeper being replaced with MILF. Wonders of Life being closed down, or Jimmy Neutron replacing the classic Hannah Barbera. Back to the Future being replaced with the Simpsons,. Mr toads wild ride being closed down despite are protests. Youre basically justifying the fact that they have butchered all these great attractions simply because the parks aren't meant to be museums, that's the most outrageous thing I have heard in a long time.

Skip

So youre telling me it was right to close Ghostbusters and replace it with the god awful Twister. Replace the Dynamite Stunt show with the horrible Universal 360. So you justify World of Motion being torn down as well as Horizons which were both superb attractions. 20,000 leagues under the sea being closed and replaced with poohs playful spot. That was one of the greatest WDW attractions ever built. As well as Alien Encounter being replaced with Stitch, Timekeeper being replaced with MILF. Wonders of Life being closed down, or Jimmy Neutron replacing the classic Hannah Barbera. Back to the Future being replaced with the Simpsons,. Mr toads wild ride being closed down despite are protests. Youre basically justifying the fact that they have butchered all these great attractions simply because the parks arent meant to museums, thats the most outrageous thing ive heard in a long time.

The thing is, you're previous post implied that Universal was the only resort that did this. Disney does it arguably more often.

(Oh, and by the way - Dynamite Stuntactular was closed for reasons beyond their control.)

The Conundrum

So youre telling me it was right to close Ghostbusters and replace it with the god awful Twister. Replace the Dynamite Stunt show with the horrible Universal 360. So you justify World of Motion being torn down as well as Horizons which were both superb attractions. 20,000 leagues under the sea being closed and replaced with poohs playful spot. That was one of the greatest WDW attractions ever built. As well as Alien Encounter being replaced with Stitch, Timekeeper being replaced with MILF. Wonders of Life being closed down, or Jimmy Neutron replacing the classic Hannah Barbera. Back to the Future being replaced with the Simpsons,. Mr toads wild ride being closed down despite are protests. Youre basically justifying the fact that they have butchered all these great attractions simply because the parks aren't meant to be museums, that's the most outrageous thing I have heard in a long time.

I don't but the rest of the internet (and both Disney and Universal) says yes...yes it was

SirGoofy

Skip pretty much covered everything I'm gonna say, but what the heck.

*Cracks knuckles*

Replace the Dynamite Stunt show with the horrible Universal 360.

Opinion. I think 360 is an AWESOME show.

So you justify World of Motion being torn down as well as Horizons which were both superb attractions.

M:S is a superb ride as well. Test Track maybe not, but M:S is awesome.

20,000 leagues under the sea being closed and replaced with poohs playful spot. That was one of the greatest WDW attractions ever built.

Again, opinion. I thought 20K was incredibly lame, and is overrated to this day. I miss the aesthetic value more than the actual attraction, but it was not closed for Pooh. The ride had been closed for a good 12 years before pooh ever came there. And now, guess what!? We're going to get an e-ticket on the plot.

As well as Alien Encounter being replaced with Stitch, Timekeeper being replaced with MILF.

These were mistakes.

Back to the Future being replaced with the Simpsons,.

Simpsons is a suitable replacement for BTF.

Mr toads wild ride being closed down despite are protests.

And it got a suitable replacement. That's probably more popular than Toad ever was.

Youre basically justifying the fact that they have butchered all these great attractions simply because the parks arent meant to museums, thats the most outrageous thing ive heard in a long time.

Butchering is a matter of opinion. But guess what? The parks aren't supposed to be museums. If 20K was still around today people would get off the ride and say "Lame. Because it was. People would get off Toad and say, "Why is the ride filled with cardboard cut outs?"

Things change, Walt wanted it that way.

The Conundrum

uh I think Iger is trying to screw over Universal. First Marvel, and now Steven Spielberg, who recently jumped into bed with our good pal bobby, is launching his own assault:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bu...versal-orlandos-steven-spielberg-problem.html

UC needs to get that Harry Potter finished because their loosing alitude fast!

westcoaster.com said:
Hilarious theoretical though: Marvel cancels rights to Superhero Island in 15 years, and there is a nasty fall out between Spielberg and USF. He cancels Jurassic Park rights. Ruh Roh. There goes two lands?!

Looks like the war escalates daily from here on in boys!

*Cracks knuckles*

Again, opinion. I thought 20K was incredibly lame, and is overrated to this day. I miss the aesthetic value more than the actual attraction, but it was not closed for Pooh. The ride had been closed for a good 12 years before pooh ever came there. And now, guess what!? We're going to get an e-ticket on the plot.

These were mistakes.

And it got a suitable replacement. That's probably more popular than Toad ever was.

Butchering is a matter of opinion. But guess what? The parks aren't supposed to be museums. If 20K was still around today people would get off the ride and say "Lame. Because it was. People would get off Toad and say, "Why is the ride filled with cardboard cut outs?"

Its all a matter of opinion and yes i understand pooh is better than toad and Mission Space is a good attraction and that we will be getting the The Little Mermaid E ticket in that Spot. The only replacements i really don't agree with are AE to Stitch and Timekeeper transforming into MILF.

Dinoman96

*Cracks knuckles*

These were mistakes.

Doesn't Buzz Lighter have cut outs? I also believe Peter Pan does have some too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom