Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

Captain Chaos

I don't think the indy ride will ever go to Disney World because of DINOSAUR. Isn't that ride a clone of the indy ride just a diffrent setting?? I think disney would never put two rides based of the same technology in the same resort imo.:drevil:

That is one of the strong reasons why we won't get an exact clone of Indy, yes. Not necessarily because it's the same ride system, but beyond that it's the exact same track layout.

See, this doesn't make sense to me... So what if it is the same ride vehicle and track... Think most guests would notice?? In that case, Body Wars and Star Tours should have never existed in WDW together either... Same ride, different movie... :shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

I would agree that the same track layout is not a good enough reason to keep the Indy ride out of Walt Disney World, but you have to look at it from their point of view. It's not so much like having a couple of different themed spinners, but like building an OmniMover in Animal Kingdom with the same track layout and ride vehicles as The Haunted Mansion. A few people would notice, and create for them a perception of cheapness on Disney's part.

Captain Chaos

I would agree that the same track layout is not a good enough reason to keep the Indy ride out of Walt Disney World, but you have to look at it from their point of view. It's not so much like having a couple of different themed spinners, but like building an OmniMover in Animal Kingdom with the same track layout and ride vehicles as The Haunted Mansion. A few people would notice, and create for them a perception of cheapness on Disney's part.

And again, explain Body Wars/Star Wars????

The Conundrum

And you have a strange bias FOR comic books.:rolleyes: So, you can't really say that.

And Pixar has always has the Disney values and ideals instilled in them since the beginning. Disney wouldn't have joined up with them, if not. Pixar has always been Disney. You can't make the same comparison at all. Disney BOUGHT Marvel, something that they had no interaction in, until now.

The rest of your post is semantics. Good semantics, at that. But still will be seen differently and by each perspective.:wave:

ugh your never going to understand until you visit a Disney park (thats NOT part of WDW), go to IOA, and read some good comics

Your basically the equivalent of someone who gets all of there news from FOX and then wonders why other people roll their eyes at them

imagineer boy

If the themeing is different and emersive enough, it wouldn't matter at all to me.

This thread is starting to go off topic. I think we should start a new thread about the thought of IJA coming to WDW and keep this discussion strictly about Disney buying Marvel Entertainment.

krankenstein

This thread is starting to go off topic. I think we should start a new thread about the thought of IJA coming to WDW and keep this discussion strictly about Disney buying Marvel Entertainment.

Since we haven't had enough IJA threads in past, right? :brick:

Threads drift, you'd better get used to it. :wave:

Since we haven't had enough IJA threads in past, right? :brick:

Threads drift, you'd better get used to it. :wave:
I know that i used to have an account on Micechat a few years ago. Im just wondering how this talk on IJA got started in the first place. Most of the people that ive seen exit Dinosaur were in tears and i also saw some adults walk out shaking.

Wilt Dasney

Im just wondering how this talk on IJA got started in the first place.
*clears throat*

"Holy crap, Disney bought Marvel!" :eek:

"I wonder if this means they'll open Marvel rides at Magic Kingdom." :confused:

"NO! Magic Kingdom is only for Disney characters!" :mad:

"But Disneyland has an Indiana Jones ride." :shrug:

"You know, that Indiana Jones ride is pretty awesome. We should get that at Magic Kingdom!" :sohappy:

"Never gonna happen. Dinosaur is too similar." :brick:

"Dinosaur makes kids cry." :(

"Um...what were we talking about before?" :veryconfu

It's kinda fun to chart the evolution of a drift. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, believe me, I have no worry about IJA coming to Hollywood Studios. I have no illusions about any plans for the ride in Walt Disney World. I'm just saying, if it were to go to the Studios, like so many on these boards strangely seem to have a hankering for, it would be a horrifically diminished experience. A thousand times worse than Star Tours, too, I might add.

And saying that it could fit in Studios because of how well Tower of Terror does is like saying Tower could fit well in Disneyland because of how well Indy does. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is pitch perfect for the Studios because of story, theming, and content as it relates to the rest of the park, not because it is an entertainment franchise. Really, the key phrase of the ride is 'Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right, a beacon for the show biz elite,' not 'you are in The Twilight Zone.' There is a parallel between the two rides, though: Indy is to Adventureland/Disneyland as Tower is to Sunset Boulevard/Hollywood Studios. They serve as a kind of thematic anchor for their respective realms, both thoroughly grounding you in the reality of each area, and solidifying your belief of the land as an expansive area beyond what's actually physically there. Not so coincidentally, they also represent the pinnacle of themed design within each park. That is why they work so well, way beyond any strength their branding give them.
Makes sense, here.:wave:
ugh your never going to understand until you visit a Disney park (thats NOT part of WDW), go to IOA, and read some good comics

Your basically the equivalent of someone who gets all of there news from FOX and then wonders why other people roll their eyes at them
Nice try.

I have been to other parks besides WDW, and you know, I do understand. While I have a valid reason, and opinion, you will never accept that there are "others" out there, because you are pigheadedly digging yourself into a hole.

Like I said, nice try. Great, in fact!:rolleyes::ROFLOL::wave:
No.

Indy=Adventureland. It's the perfect combo.
If they did it in the style of DL, yep.

I would like to see it integrated into Studios, still...Maybe it needs a new land to be the anchor of, like MR.EPCOT mentioned.
*clears throat*

"Holy crap, Disney bought Marvel!" :eek:

"I wonder if this means they'll open Marvel rides at Magic Kingdom." :confused:

"NO! Magic Kingdom is only for Disney characters!" :

"But Disneyland has an Indiana Jones ride." ::

"You know, that Indiana Jones ride is pretty awesome. We should get that at Magic Kingdom!" ::

"Never gonna happen. Dinosaur is too similar." ::

"Dinosaur makes kids cry." :(

"Um...what were we talking about before?" :veryconfu

It's kinda fun to chart the evolution of a drift. :lol:

:D

Disneyfan1981

This thread is providing some real interesting thoughts on the matter both ways....here a lot of fans are worried about Disney being tarnished by Marvel while on a lot of the Marvel boards its the opposite.....should be interesting to see how the PR machine that the Mouse has deals with those concerns when they actually start putting combined product.

At least we are getting hilarious mash ups.

1963685_469b_625x1000.jpg

1964215_e403_625x1000.jpg

1965024_d122_625x1000.jpg

1965420_bf85_625x1000.jpg

1965630_6089_625x1000.jpg

1967258_6fd3_625x1000.jpg

1968315_4065_625x1000.jpg

1970007_23e2_625x1000.jpg

1970299_340b_625x1000.jpg

1971006_86ca_625x1000.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

This thread is providing some real interesting thoughts on the matter both ways....here a lot of fans are worried about Disney being tarnished by Marvel while on a lot of the Marvel boards its the opposite.....should be interesting to see how the PR machine that the Mouse has deals with those concerns when they actually start putting combined product.

At least we are getting hilarious mash ups.

1964215_e403_625x1000.jpg

1965024_d122_625x1000.jpg

1965420_bf85_625x1000.jpg

1965630_6089_625x1000.jpg

1967258_6fd3_625x1000.jpg
:dazzle::lookaroun:lol:

I will admit that the Mickey ones are cute. Then again, I always like collecting Mickey in different roles.

But besides that..:fork::hurl:

EpcotServo

But besides that..:fork::hurl:

You're letting them get to you. Everything is fine. Marvel and it's fans are great. Same with Disney. Everything is fine. They're just trying to urk-anti Marvel+Disney sentiments out of you, and you're letting them. Be Cool.

[YOUTUBE]
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_GJkKMPHxw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_GJkKMPHxw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom