Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

krankenstein

I'll put on my flame suit.

Disney and Universal are competitors. Well known fact, google it.

If Disney can strongarm Universal, they win that round of the competition. You and I both know Disney could do more with the characters. Spiderman is good but Universal paints a mound of steel green and purple and calls it a day.

Disney hasn't come close to touching Spiderman yet. :shrug:

jt04

Disney hasn't come close to touching Spiderman yet. :shrug:

Here is a bit of a diiferent take on the matter. If Spiderman costs Universal a lot of $$$$ to maintain, I wonder if it's possible the Universal folks are relieved by the Disney purchase of Marvel. Closing the ride could really help their bottom line by cutting a ton of overhead costs.

JWG

So Disney spent $4 billion just so they could see Universal's finances.

Yeah, make that grain of salt a mountain instead, and you'll have yourself a deal.

And only those finances related to the Marvel agreement. So $$ spent on advertising, merchandising, licensing, etc. Probably income in those areas, too. Nothing tied to Universal's spend/income in other places.

Once everyone realizes this was not about Universal Studios Florida, we'll be moving in the right direction.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah. I guess it's come out that he and JT are more compatible.:ROFLOL:

I am excited myself about the prospects Marvel could bring to Disney. I just feel this insane back and forth about it does nothing but diminish the site.

I almost get the feeling that many folks here are bigger Marvel fans than Disney fans. That's perfectly fine, but they need to get what the deal does and does not mean. And I have no issue with Disney using the characters in their parks. It would be foolish not to. But not DL, not ANY MK park and never EPCOT. DCA maybe ... TPFKaTD-MGMS down the line ... maybe DSP too.

But these threads ... do we have a guy hanging himself smiley?
Again...Hit it on the head.
How do you explain Pixar? and im assuming your not counting the merchandise because they got hanna montanna and nightmare before christmas.
Pixar IS Disney. Disney helped created those characters, even when Pixar was independent. It's not ENTIRLY Disney, but it still is.

Marvel, Jones, Star Wars....Never touched my Disney until they were added to the parks. How do you not get that?:rolleyes: I am starting to think you are just being belligerent about this issue.
bt that it will rake in the moolah for Disney down the line. It's just so... surreal. It just doesn't seem natural like ABC and Pixar did. It kind of warps Disney's overall identity in a way that I'm not sure I like, even if I've enjoyed Marvel's movies and rides.[/size][/font]
Yes, exactly. This is out of the blue, a competitor, and something that you don't really relate to the genre. That's why it doesn't click for me.:shrug:

Yet.

I feel that would be too awesome for guests, and their brains would literally shoot out of the back of their skulls.

No, mine would be perfectly fine.:D You think I get hyped up to go to Disney, NOW...:lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
92 pages, and despite posts providing quotes attributed to those directly involved to the contrary, the fan boy fantasists on here are still thrapping at the prospect of instant ride construction and whole new parks.

Coupled with some of the half witted theories about Universals operations, there’s enough e on this thread to fertilise Disney’s gardens for a lifetime. I know this is rumours and I know some folk have a post history indicating posting opinion as fact, and some are just silly we kids who can be forgiven for not having the mental faculties to process the information widely available, but can we put some of the wild fantasy to bed, this is in danger of becoming as boring as yet another showing of Lights Motors Action....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

EPCOT Explorer

92 pages, and despite posts providing quotes attributed to those directly involved to the contrary, the fan boy fantasists on here are still thrapping at the prospect of instant ride construction and whole new parks.

Coupled with some of the half witted theories about Universals operations, there’s enough e on this thread to fertilise Disney’s gardens for a lifetime. I know this is rumours and I know some folk have a post history indicating posting opinion as fact, and some are just silly we kids who can be forgiven for not having the mental faculties to process the information widely available, but can we put some of the wild fantasy to bed, this is in danger of becoming as boring as yet another showing of Lights Motors Action....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

krankenstein

Here is a bit of a diiferent take on the matter. If Spiderman costs Universal a lot of $$$$ to maintain, I wonder if it's possible the Universal folks are relieved by the Disney purchase of Marvel. Closing the ride could really help their bottom line by cutting a ton of overhead costs.

Yes spin jt. :lol:

They can. I have a felling they will take the Marvel characters and hit the ground running. Then they will touch it. WDI is capable of such great themeing and access to great technology.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Agreed!:wave:

Way to contradict yourself. :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I could care less, if I was lumped into that post!:ROFLOL: He's right. This thread is a bore, over-discussed, and enough!:p

...and I bet we will all continue to post in it.:lol:
As will I, my rant is that the truly worth while info is being lost in a deluge of nif naff and trivia.

And it must be bad if a serial offender of drifting threads like me is fed up.

And I think we all know the type of posters my comments were aimed at.
:drevil:

EPCOT Explorer

As will I, my rant is that the truly worth while info is being lost in a deluge of nif naff and trivia.

And it must be bad if a serial offender of drifting threads like me is fed up.

And I think we all know the type of posters my comments were aimed at.
:drevil:
Of course we do, Sak.:D Always like it when you get here to inject some humor into the mix.:wave:

Wilt Dasney

If Disney can strongarm Universal, they win that round of the competition.
Granted. My point was "So what?" I don't get a paycheck from either company, so I don't see the point of cheering when Disney breaks off a 74-yard touchdown run against Universal. It doesn't benefit me at all.

You and I both know Disney could do more with the characters. Spiderman is good but Universal paints a mound of steel green and purple and calls it a day.

I'm not the least bit convinced Disney would do a better job with Spider-Man. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Hulk I'm not too vexed over. They could take all the Marvel references down and it would basically be the same ride.

Definitely a great point. Maybe somebody can buy up the rights to Song of the South, Aerosmith, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, singing pirates, happy ghosts, and all references to outer space to save Disney the expense of maintaining all those bothersome rides. I'm sure they'd be mighty grateful for that help.

jt04

Granted. My point was "So what?" I don't get a paycheck from either company, so I don't see the point of cheering when Disney breaks off a 74-yard touchdown run against Universal. It doesn't benefit me at all.

I'm not the least bit convinced Disney would do a better job with Spider-Man. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Hulk I'm not too vexed over. They could take all the Marvel references down and it would basically be the same ride.

Definitely a great point. Maybe somebody can buy up the rights to Song of the South, Aerosmith, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, singing pirates, happy ghosts, and all references to outer space to save Disney the expense of maintaining all those bothersome rides. I'm sure they'd be mighty grateful for that help.
Disney does not have the same cash flow problems currently afflicting Universal. :lookaroun

The Conundrum

Again...Hit it on the head.

Pixar IS Disney. Disney helped created those characters, even when Pixar was independent. It's not ENTIRLY Disney, but it still is.

No they did not. They were merely the distributor in fact they were so disappointed with Toy Story before its release they gave serious thought to severing the deal.

I just don't understand why the MK parks worldwide (except for floridas because it has 3 parks next to it) are allowed to Pixar, Lucasfilm, Amblin, in them but NO marvel? I mean they already had the Incredibles in Tomorrowland for meet and greets for the longest time and they were planning an Incredibles e-ticket for tomorrowland. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

jt04

No they did not. They were merely the distributor in fact they were so disappointed with Toy Story before its release they gave serious thought to severing the deal.

I just don't understand why the MK parks worldwide (except for floridas because it has 3 parks next to it) are allowed to Pixar, Lucasfilm, Amblin, in them but NO marvel? I mean they already had the Incredibles in Tomorrowland for meet and greets for the longest time and they were planning an Incredibles e-ticket for tomorrowland. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Tell 'em conundrum. :D

EPCOT Explorer

Still done under the "Disney" name, though. People psychologically link TS to Disney.

It's a weak excuse.

I already told you that I don't like Lucas in DL. MK Parks should be for Disney only. They are great attractions, yes. But do they fit in my eyes...No.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom