Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

Captain Chaos

Its a big deal in business terms, but implications for me as a tourist who knows.

As for that other nonsense youve posted, I think if you track back through the threads youll see its the usual Universal hating adolescent/menopausal bores who are screaming about Marvels loss and their deep joy at its potential demise. Again odd given they don’t use the product.

And to be fair, who wears Disney shirts now adays , theyre generic tat, they deserve verbal abuse for such fashion faux pas, even if such things did happen in reality.

You actually do post the most nonsense on these boards.. so what you say I take with a grain of salt... Condumdrum makes a lot more sense than you do, which speaks volumes because the dude has gotten a ton better and actually, his posts are well worth the read now.. Unlike your garbage babble..

tirian

Skimmed the pages...Splitting headache...

Must...take...Aleve...

:hurl:

p.s. Pumbas Nakasak, you are one of the funniest members here.

dvm258

The Orlando Sentinel has now posted an article that says that the agreements between Universal and Marvel appear to be perpetual. However, they only apply to attractions East of the Mississippi, and to select franchises. (Namely, the Hulk, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic Four.)

The article had this quote from Iger as well, where he refers to the need to honor "existing agreements" when considering the use of Marvel characters in theme parks.

"Marvel characters have already proven to be strong in terms of theme park attraction and we believe there are a lot of opportunities around the world, not in every one of our parks because there are some existing agreements that we obviously have to honor, but in a number of places for us to use the Marvel characters to basically help us grow our theme park business and better entertain people," Iger said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-disney-marvel-entertainment-083109,0,2559631.story

Captain Chaos

Skimmed the pages...Splitting headache...

Must...take...Aleve...

:hurl:

p.s. Pumbas Nakasak, you are one of the funniest members here.

Actually, he has become one of the most annoying in my opinion..

Anyway, great deal for Disney.... Looking forward to see where this goes...

Pete C

Perfect fit for a new land at DHS if you asked me. DHS isn't very Disney-like to begin with, so anything movie or media related could fit there. Disney needs to attract more teenagers and young men. These comic and movie characters are just the thing they need. However, it seems like WDW won't get much due to the proximity to Universal, unless they go with Iron Man or some other character not yet spoken for. Or, perhaps DL will once again be the recipient of more love than us in the near future.

tirian

Actually, he has become one of the most annoying in my opinion..

Anyway, great deal for Disney.... Looking forward to see where this goes...

:shrug: To each his own.

It'll "go" the same way as Touchstone, Hollywood Pics, ESPN, ABC, etc. Disney will make lots of money while allowing Marvel to operate semi-independently. :king:

TravisB

No marvel characters in my disney parks

NONE!! Mickey'd greatness does not need to be diminished by the likes of spiderman. It's bad enough we have the Muppets.

SirGoofy

It's bad enough we have the Muppets.

picard.gif

There's the door.

SMRT-1Michael

i really really dont like this idea......:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

I hope Disney doesnt put Marvel characters in the theme parks. It would be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom