Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

EPCOT Explorer

Eh...I don't know how to feel.

I think it will be a good move for Disney in the long run, but...that's depending on how they use this. If they keep it for royalties only, it'll work.

It's the creative aspect that worries me...Will they put this in the parks? Not in EC, or the Kingdoms, I hope.

DHS...Yes.:D Now, this could work. It would forward the whole "Entertainment park" idea they keep perusing.

:eek:

This honestly is the best move Disney could have possibly made.

As a Marvel fan, I know they won't interfere in the comics creative process, and as a theme park fan this opens a HUGE opportunity for parks like DHS and DSP.

Avengers E-ticket, anyone?
Yep.

I hope it's done tastefully, though...

Duckberg

THOR @ Norway

Refurb the Norway ride using THOR :sohappy: Do that & I feel certain WDW would get a new sponsor FAST! Duckberg :D PS This whole deal is TOO MARVELOUS for words! :wave:

timeman

You could always have a WolvieMickey.
WolvieMickey.jpg

Javier Boughton

i do believe this is a great thing for Disney. they are buying one of the hottest franchise in movies and they do fit on every park.

there a lot of scientists (richards for example) on the marvel universe that could fit in Epcot for example and start attracting a younger audience (not with nemo, for example) , or xmen..

but i guess at the end is more a question of money/entertainment than anything else.. wolverine $363 million (worldwide)...ironman $580+ million (worldwide)..spiderman $821 million (ww)..spiderman 2 $783 million..

and there's thousands of stories and characters left..

EPCOT Explorer

Refurb the Norway ride using THOR :sohappy: Do that & I feel certain WDW would get a new sponsor FAST! Duckberg :D PS This whole deal is TOO MARVELOUS for words! :wave:

Ya know, out of all the lame tie-in opportunities this presents, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet... :D

GhostRider_head.jpg

DL-H-22-a.jpg
:brick::brick:

That's exactly what they shouldn't do....:lol: And what guests would want. Oy.:lookaroun

Captain Chaos

:shrug: To each his own.

It'll "go" the same way as Touchstone, Hollywood Pics, ESPN, ABC, etc. Disney will make lots of money while allowing Marvel to operate semi-independently. :king:

And you know what, I may be Ok with that... Marvel has been putting out some great movies of late... Their comics are still tops in my opinion... I see no reason for Disney to butt in.... They will just reap the benefits....

Again, I don't see why people were calling this Universal's demise, why Universal fanboys were in an uproar and all nervous about Marvel MAYBE leaving IOA (already proved by Iger's own words NOT HAPPENING!!!), why this is typical Disney greed, and Disney being a monopoly on the theme park business in Orlando...

If people just took a step back, took a deep breath, and actually read the facts, there would have been little uproar... I'd love to see Marvel in DHS ONLY, but, I too don't think we ever will... or at least not any time soon... And no, I don't believe this to be the death of IOA/Universal either... Common sense should tell ya that... :)

_Scar

You actually do post the most nonsense on these boards.. so what you say I take with a grain of salt... Condumdrum makes a lot more sense than you do, which speaks volumes because the dude has gotten a ton better and actually, his posts are well worth the read now.. Unlike your garbage babble..

LOL, you have no idea what you're talking about. You might as well stop now. :xmas:

Disney oes get that diamond in the rough Iron Man, but you can't make a whole Marvel land with just Iron Man.... Avengers movie coming out soon.... erm... yup, that's all I can think of :D I'd be weird to see a Marvel land that had no reference to Spiderman! Blasphemy!

And I hope hereoes keep their hands out of my Animal Kingdom. :lol:

As time goes on, I'm accepting this even more. :)

SirGoofy

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....In look,yes...But I dunno. It's too big of a character tie in for me to swallow.

They don't even have to put him in costume. He can just be Tony Stark. And I'm not saying make every exhibit Stark, just make them the host.

It would get me into Innoventions more than once a year.

_Scar

They don't even have to put him in costume. He can just be Tony Stark. And I'm not saying make every exhibit Stark, just make them the host.

It would get me into Innoventions more than once a year.

What is this 'Innoventions' you speak of?

SMRT-1Michael

Ya know, out of all the lame tie-in opportunities this presents, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet... :D

GhostRider_head.jpg

DL-H-22-a.jpg

NO NO!! :brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

No Marvel characters better be incorporated into the park or any classic attractions!!

If I see Spiderman walkin' around MK or Wolverine or Hulk walking around Epcot, im seriously going to freak out!

Marvel characters weren't and will never be meant to be in Disney parks!

Captain Chaos

LOL, you have no idea what you're talking about. You might as well stop now. :xmas:

As time goes on, I'm accepting this even more. :)

Cause I actually think Condumdrum has posted a lot more posts recently worthwhile?? Maybe there is something wrong with me... LOL...

And Scar, no reason you shouldn't be onboard with this move... It is a great business move...

_Scar

Cause I actually think Condumdrum has posted a lot more posts recently worthwhile?? Maybe there is something wrong with me... LOL...

And Scar, no reason you shouldn't be onboard with this move... It is a great business move...

Who said I wasn't on board? I just don't think you should of bashed anyone especially in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom