Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

Captain Chaos

NO NO!! :brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

No Marvel characters better be incorporated into the park or any classic attractions!!

If I see Spiderman walkin' around MK or Wolverine or Hulk walking around Epcot, im seriously going to freak out!

Marvel characters weren't and will never be meant to be in Disney parks!

You won't be seeing them walking around.. It has already been established Universal has the contract at this point in time...

But, why do you all feel entitled to have the parks your way???? Maybe the millions more than you WOULD love to see marvel characters in Disney, generating money for the company... Helping to add new attractions.... Think Disney cares what YOU want?? Nope.. they care what the MASSES want... And maybe, just maybe, the masses WANT Marvel in Disney... (not happening any time soon so don't get your feathers ruffled) :)

SirGoofy

NO NO!! :brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

No Marvel characters better be incorporated into the park or any classic attractions!!

If I see Spiderman walkin' around MK or Wolverine or Hulk walking around Epcot, im seriously going to freak out!

Marvel characters weren't and will never be meant to be in Disney parks!

:rolleyes:

I bet you would have said the same thing when Star Tours or Indiana Jones were announced.:wave:

I wouldn't dismiss it so early on. Green Lantern has become one of the bigger DC franchises now. It's not like it's a Booster Gold movie we're talking about here.

But still, if you ask the casual movie goer who Green Lantern is, I doubt they'll know.

vonpluto

:brick::brick:

That's exactly what they shouldn't do....:lol: And what guests would want. Oy.:lookaroun

Oh Yeah!
Bring it on!
It would be MARVEL-ous!
grartworkexclusive1-copy.jpg

:ROFLOL:

Captain Chaos

:rolleyes:

I bet you would have said the same thing when Star Tours or Indiana Jones were announced.:wave:

But still, if you ask the casual movie goer who Green Lantern is, I doubt they'll know.

Let's not forget the Pixar uproars we still have to this day.... Pixar = Disney and soon Marvel = Disney... :sohappy:

FigmentJedi

True, plus the fact that they went with Hal is going to confuse the hell out of people who only know the Green Lantern as John Stewart on the Justice League show.
But the point still stands that it could still be a very good sci-fi film. If it does well and makes people go LIGHT CONSTRUCTS ARE AWESOME!, then WB has a good franchise on their hands.

SirGoofy

True, plus the fact that they went with Hal is going to confuse the hell out of people who only know the Green Lantern as John Stewart on the Justice League show.
But the point still stands that it could still be a very good sci-fi film. If it does well and makes people go LIGHT CONSTRUCTS ARE AWESOME!, then WB has a good franchise on their hands.

I'm excited for it. Although I think they used the perfect man to play the Flash for GL.

Skip

I find this absolutely hilarious. It's announced that Disney buys Marvel, all of the Disney fanboys are in an uproar cheering that they'll get tons of Marvel stuff for Walt Disney World while Universal will be forced to (or in jt's absurd case, choose to) remove the Marvel theming from Islands of Adventure.

Now we learn that Disney will have to honor the supposed contract that allows Universal exclusive rights to the Marvel's main properties (and possibly more) east of the Mississippi. All of the fanboys, and jt, are silent. WDW has gotten the short end of the stick again.

Meanwhile, Universal isn't losing its island. Still want to claim it's going to be rethemed, jt?

SirGoofy

I find this absolutely hilarious. It's announced that Disney buys Marvel, all of the Disney fanboys are in an uproar cheering that they'll get tons of Marvel stuff for Walt Disney World while Universal will be forced to (or in jt's absurd case, choose to) remove the Marvel theming from Islands of Adventure.

Now we learn that Disney will have to honor the supposed contract that allows Universal exclusive rights to the Marvel's main properties (and possibly more) east of the Mississippi. All of the fanboys, and jt, are silent. WDW has gotten the short end of the stick again.

Meanwhile, Universal isn't losing its island. Still want to claim it's going to be rethemed, jt?

I'll admit I let the perfect fanboy storm of Marvel+Disney get the best of me this morning.

On the other hand, I still think something will be done at DHS eventually. Not any time in the next decade, but eventually.

SMRT-1Michael

You won't be seeing them walking around.. It has already been established Universal has the contract at this point in time...

But, why do you all feel entitled to have the parks your way???? Maybe the millions more than you WOULD love to see marvel characters in Disney, generating money for the company... Helping to add new attractions.... Think Disney cares what YOU want?? Nope.. they care what the MASSES want... And maybe, just maybe, the masses WANT Marvel in Disney... (not happening any time soon so don't get your feathers ruffled) :)

I was just speaking my opinion. I didnt mean to upset anyone. And, I don't feel the parks should make decisions based on my wants and needs. All I said is I personally dont know if it would all work out in the long run.

I love Disney way to much to get upset with anyone on the boards.

Sorry if I came on the wrong way

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not bashing you... But, you did see how I was told i was spewing nonsense right??? So, who bashed who first??? Thank you....

If you are going to get up set try and get your facts correct:

Originally Posted by Pumbas Nakasak View Post
Its a big deal in business terms, but implications for me as a tourist who knows.

As for that other nonsense youve posted, I think if you track back through the threads youll see its the usual Universal hating adolescent/menopausal bores who are screaming about Marvels loss and their deep joy at its potential demise. Again odd given they don’t use the product.

Dont see any accusation by me of you spewing anything, I am claiming that the hysteria far from being Universal fan driven as you claim is being posted by serial UO haters.

I hear that the ignore feature is an option to avoid sullying your eyes with my sub standard witterings if things are too bad.

:wave:

Skip

I'll admit I let the perfect fanboy storm of Marvel+Disney get the best of me this morning.

On the other hand, I still think something will be done at DHS eventually. Not any time in the next decade, but eventually.

Possibly, I don't know. But from what we do know of the contract, nothing themed to the X-Men, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, and the Fantastic Four, arguably four of Marvel's five biggest properties (the fifth being The Avengers). Even then I somehow doubt the accuracy of that, given that the Avengers are actually present in the island (Captain America Diner, Stark Industries Power Plant, etc.)

Just goes to show that the theme parks were not the priority in this acquisition. Trust me, I don't mind the fact that Disney will now be part of some great comic book films... that doesn't bother me at all, and I hope that some quality comic book flicks (like Iron Man and the more recent Hulk) continue to be made. But it looks like for the foreseeable future, WDW is out of luck in terms of Marvel properties.

I'm slightly more interested in Tokyo possibilities. I don't know what the agreements are over there, but Universal must have some right to at least the Spider-Man franchise since they have a clone of the Orlando attraction there. Tokyo Disneyland isn't run by the Disney Company, but the Oriental Land Company... who supposedly can use anyone in the Disney character library. Given that the Marvel characters are now apart of Disney, I wonder if Tokyo will be able to utilize them... imagine what they could come up with under an insane budget only Japan could muster up!?

fosse76

While none of us know what marvel's contracts with universal say, Disney does. They would have seen them if due diligence. So when Iger talks about "short term" contracts, I have to assume he knows what he's talking about. That certainly doesn't mean Disney would ever cut universal off though. those license fees are a great source of revenue.

Well apparently they had to get in now before all the good properties were taken. According to CNN, Marvel has several movie projects with other studios that will not be affected, including distribution deals. This seems like more of a financial strategy that will eventually turn into a development one, but not for quite some time.

The_CEO

My god... Walt must be rolling so fast in his grave right now.

Maybe after this transaction they can work on getting Microsoft, McFarlane Toys, and South Park under their belts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom