Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

Walter Yensid

Again, I do not think this purchase has anything to do with the parks in the least. It might be nice to work it in over time, but I believe this is all about consumer products, movie/TV, characters/content, and strong existing Marvel profits. Like I said in my prior post, just one character or movie can bring in $7 billion in revenue across all the channels in five plus years. Just one character...

Not to say they will not be in the park one day, but that is not the reason and it will be awhile.

By the way, DC Comic is not a good place right now. They just lost rights to a ton of Superman to the creator's family...DC can keep Superman, but they cannot show him flying or be from Krypton or several other odd rulings

jt04

Would rather NOT have Marvel comics and their characters anywhere near any of the Disney parls!!!:mad:

But there are people happy about it. Disney will be able to offer more to appeal to more. It's called a win-win.

Don't worry, Spiderman isn't invading Fantasyland.

WDWmazprty

But there are people happy about it. Disney will be able to offer more to appeal to more. It's called a win-win.

Don't worry, Spiderman isn't invading Fantasyland.

Agreed! Disney and Marvel will go good together. Better than Universal did. :D

jt04

I'm aware the 1994 movie wasn't all that great, but as Batman Begins showed, just because the previous film with the character sucked doesn't mean a reinvention won't.

But if Disney wants a "get rich quick" scheme from buying Marvel than so be it. I doubt their presence within the company will be more than the Power Rangers are now.

Stop, my sides hurt :ROFLOL:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Still dont get the hatred for a place so many claim to have never been or intend to go to. I didn’t realise there were so many narrow minded folk using this site, even allowing for educational abnormality amongst school holiday takers. But to be fair I suppose this stems from fear a bit like those who cant stand to have their branch of the omnipresent cloud dwelling space zombie questioned.

SirGoofy

Still dont get the hatred for a place so many claim to have never been or intend to go to. I didn’t realise there were so many narrow minded folk using this site, even allowing for educational abnormality amongst school holiday takers. But to be fair I suppose this stems from fear a bit like those who cant stand to have their branch of the omnipresent cloud dwelling space zombie questioned.

Fanboys will be fanboys. Although I still think this is a great move, the Uni hatred is annoying.

hokielutz

We don't know that. Who knows what Uni's contract's terms with Marvel was.

Well it can probably be said with 95% certainty, that Marvel did not allow Universal to utilize the likenesses and trademarks from their comic library for free.

Just like Aerosmith's contract with Disney for the RnRC.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Fanboys will be fanboys. Although I still think this is a great move, the Uni hatred is annoying.

I think its a good move too, just not in the way that many are praying for on here, nor do I see it as the end of the Universal as we know it. But then I use both parks, and try to use the logic processing side of my brain. :drevil:

Just dont get the optimism that Disney is going to do wonderful things given their current track record. :shrug: Obviously I need to sniff more pixie dust.

jt04

I don't hate Uni. This will force them to step up their game some. I'd love to see Marvel Island transformed into Transformers Island.

HP could takeover LC entirely.

JP can add a ride or two,

And across the way, US might add King Kong back and clone the new ride from California.

Skies the limit!

Figment632

I don't know. Uni's contract is east of the Mississippi.

DCA?

No I don't think DCA after the new projects that are already underway are finished there just won't be enough room.

I really think that we are going to see a third Marvel gate go in the spot reserved for their 3rd gate.

Maybe DHS will get characters and a ride where Narnia is but I just have a feeling DL 3rd gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom