Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

SoupBone

Guys - The Orlando Sentinel and BASIC LOGIC has revealed that nothing is being rethemed for the forseeable future. Someone just established that the Transformers ride won't even work in Spider-Man's current space. It's not becoming Transformers land, it's staying Marvel Super Hero Island, just as it should be.

God, the fanboys are rabid today.

I apologize for discussing rumors about the Marvel deal in the "WDW Parks News and Rumors The latest Walt Disney World news & rumors" section. Please forgive me for being excited that two of my favorite companies might be joining together. God knows why I would ant to discuss Disney related rumors on a Disney message board and more specifically in the rumor section. I'm glad we all have you here to set the record straight since you must be in executive management at WDW.

jt04

These characters won't be in the parks for a long, long time.

The "bellyaching" is still valid, and fairly correct.

I think you are wrong here. Meet and greets are probably just around the corner.

I noticed though the doomers are staying away. Obviously coordinating their strategy on how to respond.

It ought to be a laugh riot when they do.

D23, 10 Days to the truth! :)

SirGoofy

I think you are wrong here. Meet and greets are probably just around the corner.

I noticed though the doomers are staying away. Obviously coordinating their strategy on how to respond.

Or, you know...people have jobs?

:rolleyes:

jt04

Dueling Dragons is being rethemed by Universal's choice to a property that makes sense given the location. You don't have to tear down Hulk and FearFall, but you do have to retheme them, which they don't have to (and won't) do. Spider-Man can NOT be "converted" to Transformers... it apparently requires a two story design and a different footprint for the ride building. Not to mention all of the massive sets and effects that are already in Spider-Man...

You can try to disguise your anti-Universal agenda here, jt, but it's painfully apparent. You don't care that Spider-Man is the most critically-acclaimed attraction in Florida - you just want Universal to "lose".

Wrong. Disney won't have to try to force Uni to retheme it's attractions. Uni will WANT to.

And the sour grapes after all the "potter will teach Disney a lesson" talk is really not a good point. The doomers won't use that tact at all.

10 days to the truth.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

I reserve my laughter for your posts. Can always rely on Billy for great comedy value. :sohappy:

I must say that I’m impressed that while theyve been negotiating a deal to purchase that they have also found time to design and cost an attraction for an instant roll out, well as instant as anything Disney does, so well see the result in 4 or 5 years after and if this sale goes through.

No need to co ordinate a response for fan boy posts, simple logic and a rudimentary understanding that any business model exists to make money is normally suffice to shoot them down.

Rahh Rahh Rahh

danv3

While none of us know what marvel's contracts with universal say, Disney does. They would have seen them if due diligence. So when Iger talks about "short term" contracts, I have to assume he knows what he's talking about. That certainly doesn't mean Disney would ever cut universal off though. those license fees are a great source of revenue.

imagineer boy

So at this point it looks unlikely that any Marvel characters will appear at the parks am I right? I kinda hope so, because just imagine the confusion with dumb guests confusing the Disney parks with Universal.

DisneyMusician2

Since when is Spider-Man the most critically acclaimed attraction in Orlando?

I've ridden, it's awesome, but I don't know who bestowed upon it that title.

Magazine? Internet site? Some links would be great.

MY word...twenty three pages of "no heroes in my parks"...:dazzle:

C'mon people...you never see the power rangers outside of DHS.

There was a long time ago...there were no characters in EPCOT for a long time. We still only see certain ones in AK...

I think people's intelligence will prevail...as it has in the past...proper characters will be in proper locations and parks...

Disney World was built on top of a set of tunnels to keep the wrong characters and cast members from being seen in the wrong areas. Maintaining the theme on stage is the backbone of the resort. Of course they wouldn't stick Marvel characters anywhere in the parks that they didn't fit.

(Can you say fifth gate?:))

hokielutz

These characters won't be in the parks for a long, long time.

The "bellyaching" is still valid, and fairly correct.

My quote did not refer to Disney bringing these characters in the park. What it did refer to is, rather than try and out build Univ (ride for ride, brick for brick), Iger becomes the godfather, "made them (Marvel) an offer they couldn't refuse," and knocks Universal's legs out from under them. A little underhanded for the Mouse, but they've acquired quality talent and ideas in the past in the same way.
"its not personal, its business."

And yes, this does not bring new attractions to the WDW parks (for now), but it was an answer to Universal that was rather unexpected.

Skip

I apologize for discussing rumors about the Marvel deal in the "WDW Parks News and Rumors The latest Walt Disney World news & rumors" section. Please forgive me for being excited that two of my favorite companies might be joining together. God knows why I would ant to discuss Disney related rumors on a Disney message board and more specifically in the rumor section. I'm glad we all have you here to set the record straight since you must be in executive management at WDW.

What? I'm not even talking about Walt Disney World... at all... in that post... that was all Universal junk, since all of the fan boys seem to have a desire to keep insisting that Universal's "screwed" now.

@Jt - Really? They'll want to? We've provided you with substantial evidence that Universal will not do as you claim, which of course, you ignore. You also don't even address the idea that you have some sort of anti-Universal agenda. You seem quite overjoyed to lose what is widely regarded as the best attraction in Florida.

trr1

While none of us know what marvel's contracts with universal say, Disney does. They would have seen them if due diligence. So when Iger talks about "short term" contracts, I have to assume he knows what he's talking about. That certainly doesn't mean Disney would ever cut universal off though. those license fees are a great source of revenue.

thats what I say let them keep the rides just get those fees:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom