Disney Springs Plans: What do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Californian Elitist

I keep seeing and hearing people say Anaheim's DtD is better than Orlando's. IMO, DtD in Anaheim is nice and all but it doesn't compare to CityWalk in Hollywood, which is ten times better. I'd go to a few other places before I'd go to DtD. I'm a little shocked to hear people say DtD Anaheim is better than Orlando's, since the Anaheim version isn't really that special to me. What are the differences between DtD Anaheim and DtD Orlando, for those who've been to both?

articos

I keep seeing and hearing people say Anaheim's DtD is better than Orlando's. IMO, DtD in Anaheim is nice and all but it doesn't compare to CityWalk in Hollywood, which is ten times better. I'd go to a few other places before I'd go to DtD. I'm a little shocked to hear people say DtD Anaheim is better than Orlando's, since the Anaheim version isn't really that special to me. What are the differences between DtD Anaheim and DtD Orlando, for those who've been to both?
Whereas DtD Anaheim is a connector between the parks, and was squeezed in where it fit on the property, Orlando's is more organically grown as a standalone shopping district from the initial Village stores. I like Orlando better atmospherically, as it's a nice environment to walk around in, and has a decent amount to do/see/eat/dine. Anaheim feels more 'everyday outdoor mall' to me (it actually reminds me a lot of The Block or The Spectrum), and is almost always crowded compared to Orlando's seasonal crowding at DtD. On the other hand, you can usually get a table at the restaurants in Anaheim without too much hassle, and Orlando can be booked to the point of 2 hour waits or no availability. Retail mix is similar, although Orlando has more due to the West Side district and the former PI section. For LA, I prefer UCitywalk, but for Orlando I prefer DtD. Just depends on the person, I think.

Californian Elitist

Whereas DtD Anaheim is a connector between the parks, and was squeezed in where it fit on the property, Orlando's is more organically grown as a standalone shopping district from the initial Village stores. I like Orlando better atmospherically, as it's a nice environment to walk around in, and has a decent amount to do/see/eat/dine. Anaheim feels more 'everyday outdoor mall' to me (it actually reminds me a lot of The Block or The Spectrum), and is almost always crowded compared to Orlando's seasonal crowding at DtD. On the other hand, you can usually get a table at the restaurants in Anaheim without too much hassle, and Orlando can be booked to the point of 2 hour waits or no availability. Retail mix is similar, although Orlando has more due to the West Side district and the former PI section. For LA, I prefer UCitywalk, but for Orlando I prefer DtD. Just depends on the person, I think.

Thanks for responding.

hp200lx

Before I answer this, I gotta say ... very ballsy/unwise of Scarlett's BF to be putting watermarks for his website on content that belongs TO TWDC. Essentially, he is claiming Disney's plans as his own because he thinks that @wdwmagic (and others) are going to steal it from him. That is amazing. Truly. I hope those folks in CP are watching before they hand him a credential for their next media event. Oh, in the real world (removed from WDW) doing such a thing would bring about an immediate response from legal. The kind that shuts your website down. ... hey, TommyBoi ... might want to rethink the watermarks ... unless Disney is the one who gave you the plans! ;-)

OK, onto your point ... but I don't view anyone bashing anything. I view critical fans as the canaries in the coal mine that all is not right with Disney's core business. I think you just don't agree with us on what Disney should be doing. And Disney SHOULD be biggest and best ... the fact they are conceding in O-Town is sickening.

Do you stalk the two of them? This is getting really creepy how much you post about just the two of them. I don't see why you've taken such a personal interest in the comings and goings of two of them. I mean who the hell cares if he gets in trouble with them, what do you care? If he gets in trouble, he gets in trouble. WHO CARES!

Regardless this is what nearly every site outside of Lou does, Ricky, Parkscope, Screamscape etc all do the same exact thing and don't get in trouble. Everybody watermarks their pictures no matter where they have come from before posting them if they are a person with a news story, picture, video etc first.

Figments Friend

-
I have visited both..and i find Anaheim*s has interesting outdoor themeing. Florida*s version still has remnants of the original WDW Village, which are quite familiar to my eyes, so the CA version of DtD seems more colorful.
It also feels more *open* and spacious to me, which is a design marvel considering how much smaller the DtD property space is. I like both, for different reasons.

Another difference for me - I find the shop and eatery choices to be more appealing in Anaheim*s version, but i think this has more to do with them being *different* to me since i have spent a lot of time at the Florida Parks. The *differences* make it exciting and fun...not just the same old same old.

Much like visiting the Parks.

Californian Elitist

Do you stalk the two of them? This is getting really creepy how much you post about just the two of them. I don't see why you've taken such a personal interest in the comings and goings of two of them. I mean who the hell cares if he gets in trouble with them, what do you care? If he gets in trouble, he gets in trouble. WHO CARES!

Regardless this is what nearly every site outside of Lou does, Ricky, *********, Screamscape etc all do the same exact thing and don't get in trouble. Everybody watermarks their pictures no matter where they have come from before posting them if they are a person with a news story, picture, video etc first.

Hhhmmm, why do you care that he cares?

articos

Thanks for responding.
Anytime. FL and Anaheim are pretty similar as far as what they contain. Both have shopping and a theatre, and some of the same/similar dining outlets. FL has more, but the more tends to remind people of what used to be, instead of what is (Pleasure Island). Florida is situated around a lakefront, but 2 of the sections don't take advantage of the lake presently. Anaheim feels more exciting because it has more people walking through, and is more of a local destination than Orlando is.

wdw71fan

Nah. Cheap shot, but not true.

I liked the AC until it got taken over by chronics (many of whom are now Lifestylers/Bloggers etc). I didn't even visit it the last 2 1/2 years it was open, and never have demanded it be reopened anymore than I've demanded a return of Horizons, River Country or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I'm ed because Disney is spending money in ways that I don't think provide bang for the buck for either shareholders or, more importantly, guests and fans. Simple as that.

to be fair, I wasn't zeroing-in on you with the 'negative' comments..

hp200lx

Some people find us bizarre because we spend time talking about the Walt Disney Company, mainly the parks. Some may see it as childish. Do I care they find it odd and bizarre? Nope.
I'm talking about someone obsessively posting about a blogger/podcaster (who I'm not a fan of myself but whatever) being a bit bizarre to me. Not about obsessing about the parks etc.

Californian Elitist

Anytime. FL and Anaheim are pretty similar as far as what they contain. Both have shopping and a theatre, and some of the same/similar dining outlets. FL has more, but the more tends to remind people of what used to be, instead of what is (Pleasure Island). Florida is situated around a lakefront, but 2 of the sections don't take advantage of the lake presently. Anaheim feels more exciting because it has more people walking through, and is more of a local destination than Orlando is.

If Anaheim feels more exciting than Orlando's, then I'm afraid I won't like Orlando's. Anaheim's is not very exciting... At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom