1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by DisneyJunkie, Jun 24, 2015.

1. unkadug

unkadug Follower of "Saget"The Cult

But then some innocent child will start eating the scorpions in their backyard expecting them to taste like candy. Lawsuits will ensue. Oh what a mess we have started.

2. nepalostparks

nepalostparks Well-Known Member

Like someone mentioned above, there's not likely to be some press release or official statement on the removal of the "poop brownies" from Disney.

I was at Animal Kingdom yesterday and spoke with a supervisor at Zuri's Sweets. She explained to me (and another guest who was also there asking for the brownies) that it was only a test, but they could return based on guest demand. She suggested we both stop at Guest Relations at the front of the park if we would like to see them return.

3. CDavid

CDavid Well-Known Member

The cynic in me wonders if it was really only a test, or if that's just the explanation to explain away the quick removal?

4. englanddg

englanddg One Little Spark... Premium Member

Bear Grylls is disappointed.

5. BrerJon

BrerJon Well-Known Member

Years ago they used to sell 'insects trapped in amber' pops at Universal Jurassic Park, didn't know they stopped selling those.

AEfx and ford91exploder like this.
  6. Pirouline

Pirouline Active Member

Some people get really emotional over the smallest things...

7. unkadug

unkadug Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Says the person who threw a hissy fit over starting a thread about Cheese that didn't go his way.

wm49rs and NYwdwfan like this.
  8. nepalostparks

nepalostparks Well-Known Member

I doubt we'll ever know for sure. I was happy I got some sort of "official" answer to share. I am sure the rumored reasons of guest complaints will continue to be the story, though.

AEfx likes this.
  9. s8film40

s8film40 Well-Known Member

Universal sells boxes of crickets at various different locations. I actually had some once.

AEfx, ford91exploder and BrerJon like this.
  10. Dwarful

Dwarful Well-Known Member

There is no way I am giving Disney credit with trying to educate anyone by selling this animal poop themed treat. Does it appeal to me? Not at all. Do I see people 'getting worked up about it' Nope. I see people expressing an opinion....some are expressing excitement others disappointment. Personally, I don't care where I am ....Disney, Six Flags, a national park or a church bake sale....I'm not buying anything with a poop theme to consume....it just doesn't sound good to me. Doesn't make me right or wrong...just means Disney won't be getting my $$$ on this treat.

11. BrerJon

BrerJon Well-Known Member

I wonder if this was a result of a guest survey?

"What do you think of the latest new offerings at Walt Disney World?"
    "Whaddya mean, Disney hasn't done s**t recently!"
    "Oh, well we will look into changing that, thank you for your feedback..."

12. RedFurredCadet

RedFurredCadet Active Member

Sorry, I just arrived after the xxxx was thrown around.
    Wonders of Life would have stopped to that of a low level to remain alive. Buzzy will NOT have wanted this. XC
    Two words: Canada pavilion.
    Truth or dare, anyone?
    Cringety cringe if Wonders capitalises on it. Nope!
    And yet we neglect the idea that as disgusting as it sounds (the object, duh), it's a part of life. We trivialise it, we cringe, and we even joke around it. Of course, edibles paying tribute to what animals leave behind is probably raising eyebrows, much like you explained.
    Me? I'd rather stick to organ shaped pancakes.
    Well said. Considering the bio diverse bacterial colonies, especially E Coli, being synonymous with that and food poisoning.

And thank goodness there's no plaque!
    Right again. But this isn't about style over substance, however...

...this above actually sums it up. Well said, Nick.

There are more, but that's all my five cents I have each post.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  13. djkidkaz

djkidkaz Well-Known Member

I hate that this is gone. It's one of those silly but unique novelties that you could share with family or friends. Kids would definitely get a kick out of it, similar to how they eat worms in dirt which is just chocolate pudding with gummy worms in it.

14. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

As long as you remove the stinger it's just a high protein snack.

AEfx likes this.
  15. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

LOL I actually have a friend who is one of the premiere experts in the US regarding edible bugs (appears on TV shows about it, etc.) - now THAT would be a neat, creative, and nutritionally sound* way to make some candy.

I think it's absurdly disgusting, but I wouldn't have objected to that whatsoever - not liking something or just "thinking it's gross" is not the basis of what I think you see the objections to this, it's about the other definition of "taste".

(*Fun fact, many bugs are in fact very nutritional, and there are enough of them that we could pretty much solve world hunger with them if only it was not for...ew, gross, LOL.)

16. prfctlyximprct

prfctlyximprct Well-Known Member

BRING BACK THE POO!!!

French Quarter and unkadug like this.
  17. CDavid

CDavid Well-Known Member

You know you can make your own, it's really easy and all natural..... :D :D :D

Skooterkid and AEfx like this.
  18. lady belle

lady belle New Member

I have been reading these forums for over a year and this is what gets me to join and post.
    I think it's a shame something so unique for Disney could have been taken away because of possible complaints.

I thought the poop treats were cute for Animal Kingdom, and would have tried them if they were offered last year!

In this setting, I would not have found it trashy or upsetting and I am -for lack of a better word- prudish. I don't like most modern day comedies and find them crude, but this I thought was cute.

19. Dwarful

Dwarful Well-Known Member

So did people complain directly to Disney and that is why they stopped serving them? I don't know that I would bother wasting my time at Disney to go to guest services to complain about this...I would just not spend my money on that particular product.

Tigger1988 likes this.
  20. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

I doubt that was what it was. I'm pretty sure that once the media started picking up the "Disney is selling poo candy" stories, someone high enough up (who has decent taste) saw it and said, "Are you kidding me?" and put a stop to it. It likely was approved by a lower-mid-level AK manager and once it floated up to the attention past there, it was stopped because Disney didn't want publicity about folks eating replicated feces in their parks.

wsmith1978, unkadug and CDavid like this.