Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

MerlinTheGoat

And here's the best part. The person who thinks it's funny can pay $3.95 and enjoy one. The person who DOESN'T think it's funny can... wait for it, you'll never guess... JUST NOT FREAKING BUY ONE.
Or perhaps Disney should simply know better than to put something this trashy and gross in the park at all. But by all means-

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

AEfx

I just pulled my receipt out and it says Match Animal - Elephant.

Perhaps the mistake was only on the Giraffe one that says "Poo". Just going by the news article.

In any case, as they are named after animals - it's pretty clear the intention. Like I said, I thought folks were just being immature and thinking it looked like dung (like I said above, chocolate donut hole, anyone?) but as an intentional thing it's disgusting, Disney is just...better than that.

AEfx

Are the offended parties also upset at worms and dirt desserts? Some dumb kid might decide to nosh on a handful of real dirt.

Eating dirt isn't generally going to kill you - but eating animal dung? Entirely possible depending on what is in it, at least could make a kid very sick. Like I said, they might as well make candy batteries next.

Especially since it's entirely possible for a kid to be near animal dung at AK - you can't see that happening? Come on, you know Stupid Guest Tricks better than that. ;)

MerlinTheGoat

Some cultures actually do eat bugs as a normal thing (and worms). So while the thought wouldn't appeal to me personally, it's not exactly the same as eating disgusting bacteria ridden animal feces. The prospect of eating a worm is infinitely more appealing to me than downing elephant dookie.

I don't know of any cultures where eating poop is normal, most rational humans consider it disgusting and wouldn't even consider it (it even seems built into our instincts that it's a gross thing to do given the disease potential).

Oh my dear Baby Jesus, you can't be serious. Ever take a leak at Rafiki's?

disney-bath-message.jpg
I'm looking for the part of that plaque where it discusses how funny it would be to drink that pee, can't quite find it...

Tigger1988

Eating dirt isn't generally going to kill you - but eating animal dung? Entirely possible depending on what is in it, at least could make a kid very sick. Like I said, they might as well make candy batteries next.

Especially since it's entirely possible for a kid to be near animal dung at AK - you can't see that happening? Come on, you know Stupid Guest Tricks better than that. ;)
How often have you, let alone a child, encountered elephant and giraffe dung in guest areas in AK?

CDavid

It's fun. Poop happens. Get over it. What's worse, a kid who gets a kick out of a rhino turd brownie, or a grown *** man who jumps on the internet to have a tantrum about it?

ETA: The Wilderness Explorers game in Animal Kingdom also features a poop challenge where kids are tasked with matching an animal to its feces. They even learn a thing or two. But we can't have that because it's iiiiiicky.

Who, exactly, is having a tantrum? All I've seen are posters expressing opinions and valid concerns over the presentation of this little dessert creation.

There are plenty of products available - as @ford91exploder illustrates above, that people have every right to market and consume. That doesn't mean all such said products are necessarily appropriate for a family-centered, wholesome theme park such as Animal Kingdom. Further, Walt Disney World is ostensibly a premium experience; Efforts designed to appeal to crude or off-color humor and jokes aren't the sort of experiences the park should be cultivating.

AEfx

Ever take a leak at Rafiki's?

I get it, you think the idea of eating poop is great. ;)

That said, they can throw an educational seminar on it for all I care (like that sign) - but yes, making it into a food product is disgusting. It's something that some adult-oriented bakery in Manhattan would do - not something very Disney. And I think Disney can be very broad and I often people try to make the audience much more narrow than it is - but yes, I'm willing to take a wild leap that if Walt Disney wasn't cremated, he'd be rolling in his grave that this is what his parks have come to - selling simulated SH-youknowwhat.

But I'm not going to complain to Disney, I'm just commenting on it on a message board...as you said, I don't have to buy it (though I'm glad to know not to even go in that shop - because yes, I'm some weird OCD freak who doesn't even want to see poop when I'm looking for edibles). That said - I can tell you, only a matter of time before some kid picks up dung somewhere in AK and eats it thinking the animal just left them a treat, and it will be all over.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Who, exactly, is having a tantrum? All I've seen are posters expressing opinions and valid concerns over the presentation of this little dessert creation.

There are plenty of products available - as @ford91exploder illustrates above, that people have every right to market and consume. That doesn't mean all such said products are necessarily appropriate for a family-centered, wholesome theme park such as Animal Kingdom. Further, Walt Disney World is ostensibly a premium experience; Efforts designed to appeal to crude or off-color humor and jokes aren't the sort of experiences the park should be cultivating.
What is un-family or un-wholesome about animal dung? It's the most natural thing there is. Kids in Africa throw elephant poop at each other like kids here throw snowballs.

doctornick

I actually think it's hilarious that people are upset by this, but since I've spent plenty of time on the internet, I'm not at all surprised. And, to be honest, I think Disney was counting on having internet complainers about this as a way to generate publicity and awareness.

This is the type of creative thing Disney should be doing more of, not less.

CDavid

Are the offended parties also upset at worms and dirt desserts? Some dumb kid might decide to nosh on a handful of real dirt.

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

So where do you draw the line? If our objections are silly and this is just harmless fun, shouldn't the same standards apply to candy cigarettes and Kool-Aid or Hi-C served in what appears to be liquor bottles?

Rinx

I think it's funny and far less revolting than the other [bleep] Disney has in its parks...Frozen.
Yup, I just went there.

MerlinTheGoat

Not especially, actually. I'm not much of a sweets eater so it's not really my cup of tea. But just because I may or may not buy one doesn't mean I need to get outraged over its very existence when other people would get a kick out of it.
I wouldn't say i'm outraged, more like somewhat grossed out and vaguely annoyed that Disney is catering towards toilet humor. But see it as you like. I already said early in the thread that it's easy enough to ignore speaking for myself. Hopefully young kids are smart enough not to try to eat real poop off the ground after they try this, won't make any assumptions about that though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom