Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

Tigger1988

So did people complain directly to Disney and that is why they stopped serving them? I don't know that I would bother wasting my time at Disney to go to guest services to complain about this...I would just not spend my money on that particular product.
When the PC Police demands to be heard, they'll be heard. I can absolutely see some soccer moms running to guest relations to complain.

asianway

So did people complain directly to Disney and that is why they stopped serving them? I don't know that I would bother wasting my time at Disney to go to guest services to complain about this...I would just not spend my money on that particular product.
I still think Staggs pulled the plug himself after touring the area.

DisneyDebRob

I doubt that was what it was. I'm pretty sure that once the media started picking up the "Disney is selling poo candy" stories, someone high enough up (who has decent taste) saw it and said, "Are you kidding me?" and put a stop to it. It likely was approved by a lower-mid-level AK manager and once it floated up to the attention past there, it was stopped because Disney didn't want publicity about folks eating replicated feces in their parks.
What a shame if that's the case.Just don't buy it if it bothers you and believe me, Disney will pull it off the shelf if it's not making money. If it's selling well then it stays. Once again,IMO, few screaming customers saying they don't like it changes it for everyone.

AEfx

What a shame if that's the case.Just don't buy it if it bothers you and believe me, Disney will pull it off the shelf if it's not making money. If it's selling well then it stays. Once again,IMO, few screaming customers saying they don't like it changes it for everyone.

That's not what I said, though, LOL. I actually said the opposite. I don't think we have had any reports of "screaming customers". In fact, the most notable article that appeared about it was actually ultimately positive about it. However, just the fact that "WDW is selling poo candy" obviously isn't something they want the company to be identified with or be associated with.

DisneyDebRob

That's not what I said, though, LOL. I actually said the opposite. I don't think we have had any reports of "screaming customers". In fact, the most notable article that appeared about it was actually ultimately positive about it. However, just the fact that "WDW is selling poo candy" obviously isn't something they want the company to be identified with or be associated with.
You read mine wrong lol I was referring to your comments about the higher ups, the screaming customers was just my opinion about how a few anymore,in Disney and the world in general, can stop something that the masses may like. I think we are on the same page.

disney4life2008

I went to the new sweet shop place at AK last weekend all excited to get some animal poop and all I saw was the recycled candy apples and animal covered cookies and treats. No poop. What happened?

On a side note, the new open air market is amazing. But everyone is still going to Resturantarous - they need another burger joint.

disney4life2008

Now I see. I do not believe "it was just a test" business. But disappointing it is gone.

French Quarter

I am actually really disappointed that they took this away. I could just imagine my kids laughing their heads off while daring each other to take a bite. Would I buy one if I was without children? Probably not. But my family would not pass this up.

I'll ask again, exactly who is it here that you (and others) think is so worked up over this? I've seen people state that they find this offering in poor taste and that it isn't the sort of culinary creation which Disney's Animal Kingdom should be developing, both of which are perfectly valid opinions...

I think the reference is to the posters who have stated their same opinion over and over again for 10+ times, calling other people "trashy" and "tasteless". I would count that as worked up...which, to be fair, is infinitely better than being backed up. But that's another topic for another thread....or is it? :)

I'd try it but not for $3.99, for that price I'd rather have something I really wanted like a (much larger) cupcake.

Honest to God, I thought you were going to say "I'd rather have the real thing..." Eeks. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom