Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

DisneyRoy

I think this is completely trashy toilet humor marketed at the absolute lowest common denominator. "Hur hur, look ma, imma eatin poopoo, nomnom fart!"

In the big picture, it's not a huge deal and I wouldn't make it out to be the end of the world. But it is disgusting and trashy nonetheless.

Disgusting and trashy? Lowest common denominator? Really? It's targeted towards kids. And if my 6 year old daughter is any indication, these will be a HUGE hit with that targeted demographic. Weird? Maybe. But not disgusting and trashy.

BrightImagine

Visited yesterday. These items are subtly placed on the bottom shelf of a gorgeous candy selection. The caramel apples and marshmallows are even better than usual. Zuri's is beautiful. WDW knew exactly what they were doing - drive everyone to check out Zuri's.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
image.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

Disgusting and trashy? Lowest common denominator? Really? It's targeted towards kids. And if my 6 year old daughter is any indication, these will be a HUGE hit with that targeted demographic. Weird? Maybe. But not disgusting and trashy.
Disgusting, trashy and catering towards the lowest common denominator pretty much nails this. A perfect example of catering towards the kind of people who are really into toilet humor. How is the idea of eating something related to animal feces not trashy and gross? This is the sort of nonsense i'd expect to see in a crappy dime store or even Spencer's Gifts (like a joke section that sells that fake vomit and dog poop). Not what I want to see at a Disney park. The only positive thing about this is that it'll be easy enough to ignore.

I'm quite aware of the target audience, and i've seen things like this (unfortunately) marketed to kids. It doesn't make it any less gross and trashy. I don't consider toilet humor, ESPECIALLY in regards to food, appropriate at a Disney park. Even if you're actually into that sort of thing...

I want to mention that i'm not so prudish that I haven't ever gotten a kick out of toilet humor. But I draw the line regarding food specifically made to resemble poop, and toilet humor as a whole has no place in a Disney park (not appropriate at all).

Last edited:

AEfx

I don't think Disney is using the were "poop" at all to describe/advertise them. The name of the treats is "Name the Animal".

According to the Sentinel, "Poo, Giraffe" is showing on the receipts.

I'll be honest, I've been rolling my eyes that people were complaining about this - have they never seen donut holes, etc.? I kept thinking - but after finding out that indeed they are named after the specific animal's dung they look like, and clearly (though it's likely a mistake that it's showing on the receipt) they internally intended this - it's disgusting. It's ridiculous. They honestly should be ashamed.

There are so many other things out there they could have done, that they picked this is absolutely revolting.

People think it's all fun and games now, but you just wait - we'll be having a story soon where some little kid gets sick because they pick up real animal dung and try to eat it thinking it's candy.

Maybe they should make candy that resembles batteries next, makes about as much sense.

asianway

Disgusting, trashy and catering towards the lowest common denominator pretty much nails this. A perfect example of catering towards the kind of people who are really into toilet humor. How is the idea of eating something related to animal feces not trashy and gross? This is the sort of nonsense i'd expect to see in a crappy dime store or even Spencer's Gifts (like a joke section that sells that fake vomit and dog poop). Not what I want to see at a Disney park. The only positive thing about this is that it'll be easy enough to ignore.

I'm quite aware of the target audience, and i've seen things like this (unfortunately) marketed to kids. It doesn't make it any less gross and trashy. I don't consider toilet humor, ESPECIALLY in regards to food, appropriate at a Disney park. Even if you're actually into that sort of thing...

I want to mention that i'm not so prudish that I haven't ever gotten a kick out of toilet humor. But I draw the line regarding food specifically made to resemble poop, and toilet humor as a whole has no place in a Disney park (not appropriate at all).
But Speshul Snowflakes love it!

CaptainAmerica

It's fun. Poop happens. Get over it. What's worse, a kid who gets a kick out of a rhino turd brownie, or a grown man who jumps on the internet to have a tantrum about it?

ETA: The Wilderness Explorers game in Animal Kingdom also features a poop challenge where kids are tasked with matching an animal to its feces. They even learn a thing or two. But we can't have that because it's iiiiiicky.

MerlinTheGoat

It's fun. Poop happens. Get over it. What's worse, a kid who gets a kick out of a rhino turd brownie, or a grown *** man who jumps on the internet to have a tantrum about it?
Two people- One person thinks eating poop is a funny idea, another thinks the very thought of eating something related to poop is gross...

Yup you sure were right there, what a horrible person I was for being grossed out about the thought of eating poop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom