Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'll ask again, exactly who is it here that you (and others) think is so worked up over this? I've seen people state that they find this offering in poor taste and that it isn't the sort of culinary creation which Disney's Animal Kingdom should be developing, both of which are perfectly valid opinions, but I've yet to see anyone making a big deal out of it. Indeed, as happens far too often on these forums, it appears those most "worked up" are the posters rebuking those of us who have a critical opinion of this little dessert.
Wow...really? My four word reply to this thread requires that much discussion on your part?

perhaps rereading this thread would answer your own question!

doctornick

Context matters. If this were an offering on a confectionery shop on Main St USA, then yes I'd be in total agreement that it would be inappropriate and poor taste by Disney. But it's in a park about animals, which has always had a strong educational vibe. As has been previously mentioned, there already is a station during Wilderness Explorers where you match the feces to the proper animal -- this is an extension of that.

This is much more Everyone Poops than it is The Aristocrats.

andy773

I was at Six Flags here in Chicago a few years ago and stopped in a shop to get some Jelly Bellys. As I browsed the flavors, I noticed one section with flavors like Boogers, Barf and Rotten Eggs. I asked the clerk what they actually tasted like. She said "Boogers, Barf and Rotten Eggs." I asked "Who buys that?!" Her response: "Ten-year old boys."

At least the Disney Poop tastes good.

RSoxNo1

Someone just texted me asking if there's any truth to the rumor that these have been pulled. I haven't seen anything indicating that, has anyone else?

lazyboy97o

I was at Six Flags here in Chicago a few years ago and stopped in a shop to get some Jelly Bellys. As I browsed the flavors, I noticed one section with flavors like Boogers, Barf and Rotten Eggs. I asked the clerk what they actually tasted like. She said "Boogers, Barf and Rotten Eggs." I asked "Who buys that?!" Her response: "Ten-year old boys."

At least the Disney Poop tastes good.
I believe those flavored were developed to be part of Bertie's Every Flavor Beans.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I actually find the poop-themed offerings pretty amusing. Say what you will about tastefulness, but at least it's a creative concept and well-themed to the area. I'd much rather have something like this then just the exact same Gummi candies and pucker powder that they sell everywhere else.

Or you could actually put African and Asian sweets on the menu, Indian sweets are amazing they are like sugar bombs going off in your mouth, Small but amazing.

FigmentJedi

Guess I called it with that Rick and Morty clip earlier
tumblr_inline_nqkyzaQGqU1rn9eqb_500.gif

Glasgow

Well it was fun while it lasted. ;)

This will be one of those things that in 30 years, Disney blogs will be writing about as obscure park trivia and nobody will believe happened.

A microcosm of the world today .. What a fine line there is between serious and funny.

mergatroid

Seemed a very strange, though unique and original idea though I don't think I'd personally have had any great desire to try it. The only negative thing about it for me would be if somebody was unaware of it and walked past a table of people whom they thought to be eating real animal poop. I'd imagine they'd then think "No that can't be" and rack their brains wondering what was going on before coming to the conclusion that Disney were selling treats shaped like animal poop. A strange idea like I said, however definitely not worth getting upset about.

CdnDznyLuvr

Someone just texted me asking if there's any truth to the rumor that these have been pulled. I haven't seen anything indicating that, has anyone else?
I haven't seen anything "official" yet in my searches

Is the "Disney Blog" an official Disney Parks page?

I'll wait until I hear something official from Disney

Rteetz

I haven't seen anything "official" yet in my searches

Is the "Disney Blog" an official Disney Parks page?

I'll wait until I hear something official from Disney
I don't think you'll hear something official from Disney on something like this. They aren't going to put out a press release or DPB article saying that due to guest complaints poop is no more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom