Disney Raises Ticket Prices Sunday!

wdwmomof3

You're right, a 3 dollar increase every year won't make it so I can't go. It's just the rates will go up so much that I may not be able to justify a ticket price of 80, 90 or maybe one day in the future 100 dollars. It's just the principle of it all.

You are so right. It is the principle of the whole thing. It's like you hear that they are doing so well with profits one day and then they raise the price of tickets the next day. It wont stop me from going but it makes me mad.

Computer Magic

You are so right. It is the principle of the whole thing. It's like you hear that they are doing so well with profits one day and then they raise the price of tickets the next day. It wont stop me from going but it makes me mad.
If you can't beat them, join them....buy stock.

everything goes in cycles. Sooner or later, attendance will drop and Disney will have to offer discounts for people to attend. This usually happens during a recession. With current gas prices and decreased in home values, we aren't that far away. discretionary funds (which is what a trip to Disney is for most) is the first to go...Disney is just trying to make the most while it can.

Do I like it....hell no, as I'm rethinking my next trip. Sure it may not stop me from going all together, but maybe not stay as long or cut my budget in some way. Either way Disney will get the same dollars from me, I just may not be able to do as much as before.

DDuckFan130

If you can't beat them, joing them....buy stock.

everything goes in cycles. Sooner or later, attendance will drop and Disney will have to offer discounts for people to attend. This usually happens during a recession. With current gas prices and decreased in home values, we aren't that far away. discretionary funds (which is what a trip to Disney is for most) is the first to go...Disney is just trying to make the most while it can.

Do I like it....hell no, as I'm rethinking my next trip. Sure it may not stop me from going all together, but maybe not stay as long or cut my budget in some way. Either way Disney will get the same from me, I just may not be able to do as much as before.
You don't mean that :(

Philharmagic waits for you :lookaroun

Disneyfalcon

If I'm reading this correctly this is not a $4 price difference for us. With a $17 difference on 7 day passes x 4 tickets = $68!!!

That's real money!

Here's my big question:

We have a package booked for September. Our final payment is due on Tuesday and we haven't paid yet. Will our prices go up? Or does our deposit hold the old price?

Champion

Trust me, I'm not happy either. I spend a good fortune to go there once a year. And yes, one day prices will be so high we won't be able to go.

That post wasn't sarcastic. One day prices are the best way for them to get value.

If you are a Disney fan, you won't be buying one day tickets. And from $25 to around $30 for a 10 day ticket, thats nothing.

raven

Have you gone to any of those attractions? Nemo the musical is horrible...I HATE it. I miss Tarzan Rocks, heck, even the original Jungle Book show was better than Nemo.

And, don't even mention the Nemo ride or the Laugh Floor, they are both horrible and not worth the time.

If these are the best that WDW can do then they can keep their overpriced tickets. Heck, even the Toy Story Mania that is coming to the Studios looks horrible!

Jungle Book and Tarzan Rocks closed for a reason. Partly due to lack of decent audiences, partly due to them wanting an indoor theater. Nemo has been running to over-sold out performances nearly every day since it openned last fall (per CM's working the attraction).

But you're right. I guess you should just stay home then. :rolleyes:

Just remember that you are still new to posting on a WDW fan board. So anything bad you say about an attration so blatenly will set off recoils.

wdwmomof3

If you can't beat them, join them....buy stock.

Do I like it....hell no, as I'm rethinking my next trip. Sure it may not stop me from going all together, but maybe not stay as long or cut my budget in some way. Either way Disney will get the same dollars from me, I just may not be able to do as much as before.

The stock thing, I'll tell my step-dad. He has been calling almost everyday lately with news of another bad day in the market... another 5 grand down. Maybe he needs Disney stock.:lol: I told him to by CROC stock:ROFLOL:

uklad79

I see 2 things here. First I will most likely get a better deal if they up the number of waterpark days to 10 on a 10 day ticket as the cost per park day will decrease on those tickets even with the increase in the ticket cost.

Secondly when I started buying 10 day ticket I got 4 waterpark days, I started going to the waterparks on my trips, then I got 6 days so I started going more now I will get 10 days guess what I will be going to the water parks more. This is going to drive waterparks attendance figures so they extend the parks each year until they have to have a 3rd park. This is being shown at TL where they have added new attractions for the first time in years and rumours seem to point to more being added later this year. These tickets are the driver of more people in waterparks.

Ticket prices are ridiculous! When my AP expires I am not renewing and I am going to stop going to WDW...they keep increasing the price and not adding anything of value to the parks. We keep getting inferior attractions and expensive restaurants. Nothing added in the past year has added any value to the parks. What a waste of time and money WDW is becoming. I prefer Disneyland.

Bye! :wave:

DonaldD23

Jungle Book and Tarzan Rocks closed for a reason. Partly due to lack of decent audiences, partly due to them wanting an indoor theater. Nemo has been running to over-sold out performances nearly every day since it openned last fall (per CM's working the attraction).

But you're right. I guess you should just stay home then. :rolleyes:

Just remember that you are still new to posting on a WDW fan board. So anything bad you say about an attration so blatenly will set off recoils.

And we all know that everything a CM says is 100% true!! I've seen the Nemo show about 5 times (I gave it a chance) and it is horrible. New attractions almost always are crowded as people want to experience something they haven't seen before. Give it time, it will close just like Tarzan Rocks did...which was still playing to almost full houses everytime I went to it.

And, sure, I am new to POSTING, but I have REGISTERED at this site for over a year and a half. Before that I spent about 4-5 years occasionaly reading posts, but remember at that time I was spending more time actually at WDW working there and then visiting with my annual pass. I wasn't sitting behind my computer in a far off state dreaming about what was going on at WDW...I was living it. So, perhaps I am "NEW" to posting, but I'd wager to say that I spent more time and have seen and done more at WDW than you do. And, a true fan does not follow blindly. Not everything Disney builds at WDW (or any of their parks) is perfect. Just because they built it does not mean I have to like it. So, if you or anyone else cannot handle critisim of a WDW attraction without taking a personal offense, then I feel sorry for you. :king:

dixiegirl

Ticket prices are ridiculous! When my AP expires I am not renewing and I am going to stop going to WDW...they keep increasing the price and not adding anything of value to the parks. We keep getting inferior attractions and expensive restaurants. Nothing added in the past year has added any value to the parks. What a waste of time and money WDW is becoming. I prefer Disneyland.

Well........I think I'm a little speechless...

sbkline

If I'm reading this correctly this is not a $4 price difference for us. With a $17 difference on 7 day passes x 4 tickets = $68!!!

That's real money!

Like I said above....if you have the money to spend 7 days at the WDW resort, then you have the money to pay an extra measely $68 bucks. Because, compared to the overall cost of a 7 day WDW vacation, $68 bucks is practically pocket change.

Matpez

Sorry if I missed it, but did anyone find out if AP prices will increase as well, and if so, by how much?

Also from Mousesavers-
  1. Annual Pass prices will be increasing. (This includes regular Annual Passes, Premium Annual Passes and Florida Resident Seasonal, Annual and Premium Annual Passes.) If you buy a new Annual Pass from DisneyWorld.com before the price goes up, you'll receive a voucher that is good essentially forever, which you can exchange at the ticket window for an Annual Pass without paying the new price. The Annual Pass will be valid for one year from the time you redeem the voucher.
I am going today to get my renewal!

wickedfan07

And we all know that everything a CM says is 100% true!! I've seen the Nemo show about 5 times (I gave it a chance) and it is horrible. New attractions almost always are crowded as people want to experience something they haven't seen before. Give it time, it will close just like Tarzan Rocks did...which was still playing to almost full houses everytime I went to it.

And, sure, I am new to POSTING, but I have REGISTERED at this site for over a year and a half. Before that I spent about 4-5 years occasionaly reading posts, but remember at that time I was spending more time actually at WDW working there and then visiting with my annual pass. I wasn't sitting behind my computer in a far off state dreaming about what was going on at WDW...I was living it. So, perhaps I am "NEW" to posting, but I'd wager to say that I spent more time and have seen and done more at WDW than you do. And, a true fan does not follow blindly. Not everything Disney builds at WDW (or any of their parks) is perfect. Just because they built it does not mean I have to like it. So, if you or anyone else cannot handle critisim of a WDW attraction without taking a personal offense, then I feel sorry for you. :king:

If you have been reading this site for a while, you'd know that people who post blindly without backing themselves up don't last very long. All you've said is that you hate all of WDW's new attractions since Everest, but you haven't said WHY. Its not that we take offense to critics...its just that its much easier to have a discussion when there are valid points to discuss. "The Nemo Musical is horrible and I hate it" is not a valid point. WHY you hate it would be a good basis for discussion.

Also, while I'm posting - Just because you live in Florida does not make you any more of a fan that anyone else here. More power to you that you are an AP holder and visit frequently; I wish I could. For some people, this forum is as close as they can get to WDW for several years at a time, and I cannot figure out why that bothers you, or how it makes you feel better than them.

lentesta

Premium Member
I bought my daughter's AP last weekend. It's like I was psychotic or something! :ROFLOL:

I could be completely wrong, but here are the some of the new prices I'm aware of (all include tax):

Base Ticket

3-day Adult $216.20
Child $182.12

4-day Adult $225.78
Child $189.57

5-day Adult $228.98
Child $190.64

6-day Adult $231.11
Child $192.77

7-day Adult $233.24
Child $193.83

Base Ticket with Park Hopping

3-day Adult $264.12
Child $230.04

4-day Adult $273.71
Child $237.50

5-day Adult $276.90
Child $238.56

6-day Adult $279.03
Child $240.69

7-day Adult $281.16
Child $241.76

Base Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More

3-day Adult $269.46
Child $235.38

4-day Adult $279.05
Child $242.83

5-day Adult $282.24
Child $243.90

6-day Adult $284.37
Child $246.04

7-day Adult $286.50
Child $247.10

Base Ticket with Park Hopping and Water Parks Fun & More

3-day Adult $317.39
Child $283.31

4-day Adult $326.97
Child $290.76

5-day Adult $330.16
Child $291.83

6-day Adult $332.30
Child $293.96

7-day Adult $334.43
Child $295.02

Base Ticket with Park Hopping (No-expiration)

5-day Adult $340.80
Child $302.46

6-day Adult $348.26
Child $309.92

7-day Adult $382.34
Child $342.93

Base Ticket with Park Hopping and Water Parks Fun & More (No-expiration)

5-day Adult $394.06
Child $355.73

6-day Adult $401.53
Child $363.18

7-day Adult $435.60
Child $396.20

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom