Disney Raises Ticket Prices Sunday!

sbkline

yea... I get a 3% raise each year (or more) too... but I think the cost of gas and other things have offset that

Maybe so, but is a measely 4 bucks on tickets really gonna make that much difference in the grand scheme of things? I mean, come on...you have a couple grand to spend on the whole vacation. If you have that kind of dough, a few extra bucks on tickets is a drop in the bucket.

Disney05

I don't know about you, but my job has an annual raise of around 3 percent. That makes my bi-weekly paycheck jump up around 20 bucks or so with every raise. So, Disney tickets go up 3 or 4 bucks a year, but on my 26 paychecks for that year, they go up 20 bucks. So as long as that's the case, I don't see how 3 dollar increases can eventually make you not be able to go. :shrug:

But then again, I recall having this exact same discussion a year ago when they raised the prices then...not necessarily with you, but with others at the time who said the same things you're saying. So it looks like that poor ol' dead horse is about to get another beating. LOL

You're right, a 3 dollar increase every year won't make it so I can't go. It's just the rates will go up so much that I may not be able to justify a ticket price of 80, 90 or maybe one day in the future 100 dollars. It's just the principle of it all.

DisneyparkFreak

Re.

Thats exactly what iger wants you to think. 4 bucks X how many hundreds of thousands = higher stock prices. if you cant afford to pay 4 more bucks than dont go. if you go, then you have agreed with the company. hopefully you own some disney stock.

DonaldD23

Hmm. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Finding Nemo The Musical added since last year?...and the Nemo ride?...and The Laugh Floor? :hammer:

Have you gone to any of those attractions? Nemo the musical is horrible...I HATE it. I miss Tarzan Rocks, heck, even the original Jungle Book show was better than Nemo.

And, don't even mention the Nemo ride or the Laugh Floor, they are both horrible and not worth the time.

If these are the best that WDW can do then they can keep their overpriced tickets. Heck, even the Toy Story Mania that is coming to the Studios looks horrible!

DonaldD23

Maybe so, but is a measely 4 bucks on tickets really gonna make that much difference in the grand scheme of things? I mean, come on...you have a couple grand to spend on the whole vacation. If you have that kind of dough, a few extra bucks on tickets is a drop in the bucket.

Not everyone spends thousands of $$ to go to Disney. I live near WDW and the only thing I spend at Disney is the cost of my annual pass and occassionaly a meal every 5 or so visits. We pack our drinks and snacks since we usually only go for 3-4 hours one day a week. But for them to continually increase the cost of a ticket (including AP's) and not adding anything of value (the only good thing added in the past 3-4 years has been Everest) is just ridiculous!

So, this latest increase will stop me from going. I would rather use the $700 that we spend on 2 AP's to take a trip somewhere else, perhaps Disneyland, and avoid WDW. But, that might be what Disney wants...to stop the AP holders and day guests who don't spend any money on their overpriced food and drinks or their tacky merchandise.

TimeTrip

I don't know about you, but my job has an annual raise of around 3 percent. That makes my bi-weekly paycheck jump up around 20 bucks or so with every raise. So, Disney tickets go up 3 or 4 bucks a year, but on my 26 paychecks for that year, they go up 20 bucks. So as long as that's the case, I don't see how 3 dollar increases can eventually make you not be able to go. :shrug:
The price jump is 6%, your raise is 3%. So you essentially have less to use for disney because their ticket price increase outpaces your raise. Imagine you made $100 this year, and the ticket price was $95. If you kept getting 3% raises, and disney raised 6% every year, you wouldn't be able to afford a ticket after 2 years (your salary would be $106.09 and the dis ticket would be $106.742).

Now that's an extreme example because I'm sure the actual cost of one ticket is in most cases a much much much smaller percentage of someone's salary, but if you keep the percentages the same, a point will come eventually where you can't afford to go. Maybe nowhere near in the near future or someone's lifetime, but its one of the points behind the "principle" of it being too much. Of course this doesn't factor in other cost increases year to year from cost of living/inflation.

Some people just draw the line at differing points over where they feel they increase it too much. :-\

mousefan1972

More ticket info from Mousesavers:

Walt Disney World ticket prices will be going up on Sunday, August 5. (Click here to read the Orlando Sentinel article confirming this.)
Single-day tickets are going from $71.36 to $75.62 (including tax).
On multi-day tickets, the gate price increase averages $10 per ticket.
The following additional changes are expected:
  1. No more advance purchase discounts on 4-Day and longer tickets. This makes the increase on 4-Day and longer tickets even bigger. Example: right now the price of a 7-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper is $264.12 when purchased in advance from Disney (and even less through a broker like Undercover Tourist). After the price increase, the direct-from-Disney price for the same ticket will be $281.16.
  2. The "No Expiration" add-on will increase in price by about $5 plus tax on most or all tickets. The Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun & More add-ons will cost the same.
  3. The number of Water Park admissions included in the Water Parks Fun & More add-on will now be tied to the number of days on the ticket. So a 1-Day Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More will include 1 Water Park admission; a 5-Day Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More will include 5 Water Park admissions, etc. For some tickets this means fewer water park admissions than before; for others it means more. Click here to see the current number of admissions that are included.

JWG

Hmm. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Finding Nemo The Musical added since last year?...and the Nemo ride?...and The Laugh Floor? :hammer:

I'm pretty sure that the Seas with Nemo and Friends is the exact reasoning why they should decrease prices... that ride is terrible.

But Nemo the Musical is actually pretty good.

jollymon2

I have a question regarding the new waterpark fun and more changes. two years ago we purchased 10 day no expiration, with waterpark option. At that time I believe we got 4 waterpark days with that. Last year it went up to 6 on a 10 day pass. With this new ticket increase, it looks like it will be 10 waterpark days. My question is this: we didn't use any of the waterpark days on the 10 day tickets. Do we have the 4 waterpark days, or do we get bumped up to the 10 days?...wishful thinking I'm sure, but just wondering.

WDWFigment

More ticket info from Mousesavers:

Walt Disney World ticket prices will be going up on Sunday, August 5. (Click here to read the Orlando Sentinel article confirming this.)
Single-day tickets are going from $71.36 to $75.62 (including tax).
On multi-day tickets, the gate price increase averages $10 per ticket.
The following additional changes are expected:
  1. No more advance purchase discounts on 4-Day and longer tickets. This makes the increase on 4-Day and longer tickets even bigger. Example: right now the price of a 7-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper is $264.12 when purchased in advance from Disney (and even less through a broker like Undercover Tourist). After the price increase, the direct-from-Disney price for the same ticket will be $281.16.
  2. The "No Expiration" add-on will increase in price by about $5 plus tax on most or all tickets. The Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun & More add-ons will cost the same.
  3. The number of Water Park admissions included in the Water Parks Fun & More add-on will now be tied to the number of days on the ticket. So a 1-Day Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More will include 1 Water Park admission; a 5-Day Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More will include 5 Water Park admissions, etc. For some tickets this means fewer water park admissions than before; for others it means more. Click here to see the current number of admissions that are included.

This is really going to hurt businesses like Undercover Tourist that make their money (in part) on the advance purchase discount (other part being bulk purchase).

I have one question, since it's not really clear here: if I just purchased a 10 day MYW Water Park Fun and More with no expiration (6 days in the Water parks, etc) does that mean I would've gotten a better deal by waiting until Sunday? I'm hoping the lack of advance discount and the overall price increase that take effect will offset the 'loss' of 4 days in the water parks, but I'm not quite sure. Either way, we only paid $442 per person, so I guess it's not too bad of a deal for a ticket that will last about 3 trips to WDW.

mitchjs

one word to describe this

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

i think maybe the thing bart did in the simpsons movie is now ing off disney
it did make me laugh quite a bit

-Mitch

Christi22222

I have a question regarding the new waterpark fun and more changes. two years ago we purchased 10 day no expiration, with waterpark option. At that time I believe we got 4 waterpark days with that. Last year it went up to 6 on a 10 day pass. With this new ticket increase, it looks like it will be 10 waterpark days. My question is this: we didn't use any of the waterpark days on the 10 day tickets. Do we have the 4 waterpark days, or do we get bumped up to the 10 days?...wishful thinking I'm sure, but just wondering.

I hear your wishful thinking, but unfortunately you get what the ticket offered in the way of waterpark days based on when you purchased the ticket. It's already embedded as such on your cards. But look at the bright side, your tickets are a fantastic value now!!

ToTBellHop

price increases I expect, but I'm a little surprised at them removing the advanced purchase savings on 4+ day tickets. What is the reasoning behind this? Don't they want to encourage people to book well ahead of schedule (since people who save up for a trip tend to spend more), and furthermore, why reward the guests staying 3 days but not 10 days? Seems strange to me. I would've thought they would encourage longer stays, not shorter ones.

dizkid03

i will be going to the parks from september 27 to october 1, 2007 for 4 days and i want to purchase my tickets on-line in advance. how will this price increase affect me? i am a florida resident and seasonal pass holder. i am buying the tickets for my best friend and my grandma. please advise, thanks in advance!!! what is the best option, place to buy, and cheapest method for tickets?

Computer Magic

price increases I expect, but I'm a little surprised at them removing the advanced purchase savings on 4+ day tickets. What is the reasoning behind this? Don't they want to encourage people to book well ahead of schedule (since people who save up for a trip tend to spend more), and furthermore, why reward the guests staying 3 days but not 10 days? Seems strange to me. I would've thought they would encourage longer stays, not shorter ones.
If I plan on staying 6 days, would it be cheaper to buy two 3 day passes in advance instead of one 6 day pass in advance :confused: :hammer:

wdwmomof3

Is that going to make a one day pass to a park about 71.00 plus tax? WOW. It's amazing but I really don't think it will stop anyone from going. We normally go for 7 or 8 days so it's not so bad the longer that you stay, but it bites big on a short trip. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom