Disney Raises Ticket Prices Sunday!

Glasgow

One side of me is disappointed but Disney is a money making business and they have to answer to stock holders like any other public company. Supply and demand baby

RiversideBunny

The cost of going to WDW can look cheap when people compare it to going other places for a week's vacation.

Two people can go to WDW for a week for what it cost for one person to go on many tour packages to Europe, or the Rockies, etc.

It's the relative cost of going to WDW that determines whether people go there or elsewhere.

I think, in the long run, if anything makes less people go to WDW it will be like Yoga Berra once said, "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded."

:)

DonaldD23

If you have been reading this site for a while, you'd know that people who post blindly without backing themselves up don't last very long. All you've said is that you hate all of WDW's new attractions since Everest, but you haven't said WHY. Its not that we take offense to critics...its just that its much easier to have a discussion when there are valid points to discuss. "The Nemo Musical is horrible and I hate it" is not a valid point. WHY you hate it would be a good basis for discussion.

Also, while I'm posting - Just because you live in Florida does not make you any more of a fan that anyone else here. More power to you that you are an AP holder and visit frequently; I wish I could. For some people, this forum is as close as they can get to WDW for several years at a time, and I cannot figure out why that bothers you, or how it makes you feel better than them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a discussion about the increase in ticket prices. So, going into any sort of detail about why I hate the Nemo musical or any other of the new attractions would get me attacked for being "off topic."

Also, I never said I was "more of a fan" than anyone else. I just said that I probably have spent more time at WDW than the person I was responding to, since they were attacking me as being "new" to these boards just because I don't post 100 messages a day like some other individuals.

I guess whenever someone on these boards says something "negative" about Disney they are just going to get attacked by everyone on this board. I'm sorry that I don't follow Disney blindly and think that everything they decide to do is perfect. But, I guess my opinion doesn't matter because it doesn't equal yours.

DonaldD23

Wow! The current adult 7-day Base Ticket with Park Hopping and Water Parks Fun & More (No-expiration) is $378 when purchased in advance directly from WDW. The rumored new price ($435.60) represents a 15% increase!

My annual pass was about $320 to renew last year...and that was too much! Why in the world would anyone pay $435 for only 7 days????!!!!! I won't even pay $350 for an annual pass.

Champion

I guess whenever someone on these boards says something "negative" about Disney they are just going to get attacked by everyone on this board. I'm sorry that I don't follow Disney blindly and think that everything they decide to do is perfect. But, I guess my opinion doesn't matter because it doesn't equal yours.

You mean, the exact same as most of the major posters on this board?
I can name names, but everyone knows that most well known posters here are not blind Disney lovers.

In fact, I'd put most of them in the camp of hating blindly before being positive.

My annual pass was about $320 to renew last year...and that was too much! Why in the world would anyone pay $435 for only 7 days????!!!!! I won't even pay $350 for an annual pass.

$320 is NOT a lot of money. Sorry to break it to you.

wdwmomof3

After sleeping on it, the bottom line for me is I am going anyway. Sure I may have to save more now due to the new rates on the resorts & tickets and now the changes with the dining plan, but Disney is just a part of my life. Over the years everything goes up. I can't think of one single item that has not gone up in cost, not one. So, while there is an increase here, it's not like they jumped a huge amount and like someone else said, if a 6% increase is going to stop you from going than you should put your money in savings and stay at home.

SpongeScott

$320 is NOT a lot of money. Sorry to break it to you.
To someone who has to scrimp and save for every penny, works hard, and doesn't have a lot of money, $320 IS a lot of money. It may not be anything to you, but some people don't live the life of luxury to where they can "blow off" $320.

SpongeScott

I bought my daughter's AP last weekend. It's like I was psychotic or something! :ROFLOL:

I could be completely wrong, but here are the some of the new prices I'm aware of (all include tax):

Base Ticket

3-day Adult $216.20
Child $182.12

4-day Adult $225.78
Child $189.57

5-day Adult $228.98
Child $190.64

6-day Adult $231.11
Child $192.77

7-day Adult $233.24
Child $193.83

Base Ticket with Park Hopping

3-day Adult $264.12
Child $230.04

4-day Adult $273.71
Child $237.50

5-day Adult $276.90
Child $238.56

6-day Adult $279.03
Child $240.69

7-day Adult $281.16
Child $241.76

Base Ticket with Water Parks Fun & More

3-day Adult $269.46
Child $235.38

4-day Adult $279.05
Child $242.83

5-day Adult $282.24
Child $243.90

6-day Adult $284.37
Child $246.04

7-day Adult $286.50
Child $247.10

Base Ticket with Park Hopping and Water Parks Fun & More

3-day Adult $317.39
Child $283.31

4-day Adult $326.97
Child $290.76

5-day Adult $330.16
Child $291.83

6-day Adult $332.30
Child $293.96

7-day Adult $334.43
Child $295.02

Base Ticket with Park Hopping (No-expiration)

5-day Adult $340.80
Child $302.46

6-day Adult $348.26
Child $309.92

7-day Adult $382.34
Child $342.93

Base Ticket with Park Hopping and Water Parks Fun & More (No-expiration)

5-day Adult $394.06
Child $355.73

6-day Adult $401.53
Child $363.18

7-day Adult $435.60
Child $396.20
It looks like price increases are across the board--even for Florida residents. I just got back from AAA. I bought two FL resident three-day passes ($120 at WDW, $118 at AAA), and they are going up to $125 ($122 at AAA). So, I'm assuming that all prices will be going up.

Hurry! AAA is open until 1:00pm on Saturday (at least in Florida).

Champion

To someone who has to scrimp and save for every penny, works hard, and doesn't have a lot of money, $320 IS a lot of money. It may not be anything to you, but some people don't live the life of luxury to where they can "blow off" $320.

Are you kidding? 'Life of luxury' isn't something I'd use to describe spending $320. If you're talking blowing off thousands, not THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS, then sure, you can make a statement like the one you made. But saving an extra $320 a year, no matter how much you make, is plenty easy. For instance, get a higher interest bank account, such as ingdirect. No longer do you have the .3% your bank offers, get the 5% from ing and there you go, theres your extra $320 a year. Easy.

SpongeScott

Are you kidding? 'Life of luxury' isn't something I'd use to describe spending $320. If you're talking blowing off thousands, not THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS, then sure, you can make a statement like the one you made. But saving an extra $320 a year, no matter how much you make, is plenty easy. For instance, get a higher interest bank account, such as ingdirect. No longer do you have the .3% your bank offers, get the 5% from ing and there you go, theres your extra $320 a year. Easy.
I stand by my previous statement--for some people, who save for years to go to WDW, or people who make a low hourly wage, $320 is a lot of money. If it's not a lot to you, I'll be glad to send you my address and you can reciprocate with a $320 money order made out to me. ;)

cooleo

:wave: ***Stick with me before dismissing my post***:lookaroun

I purchased my Annual Pass voucher a couple months ago not long after I booked my trip for December. :sohappy: The only thing I have not done is buy my Wife & son's 9 day Park Hopper passes. Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. Why am I getting an AP & my family is getting PH's. The difference I spend on me between the AP & PH passes if easily offset on the Resort cost savings. In the past I have purchased AP's for my entire family because we have routinely made 2 Nine Day trips within the time frame that the passes were valid. This year will be a little different as we will be taking a break till '09 to do a cruise in '08.

Here is a little sample of how I have saved lots of money in the past:

Purchase AP's & book a trip one year, make second trip on those passes a week or two before the passes expire. Don't renew the passes since the clock is ticking on them as soon as they are renewed. Wait & buy new AP vouchers before next trip & then repeat the same procedure as before, getting 2 more yearly trips on one AP. The savings this way are enormous when you add it up. Pass savings, Room discount & Dining / Shopping discounts over the 2 trips. I have SAVED as much as $1400 ($700 / year), before factoring in Dining & Shopping discounts. Roughly $600 per year on room discounts & $200 total on ticket savings. Now that's REAL MONEY! You just have to do your homework if you want to get the savings!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

scpergj

Wow...people who think $320 isn't much money live a life of luxury. Couldn't prove it by me!

It won't pay my car payment, not even close to my mortgage, not enough to buy groceries for my family of four for a month, barely pays for two months of Karate for my son, is less than two nights in most of the luxury resorts on property, less than three nights at a moderate, less that four nights in a value...but we live a life of luxury, you see.

Get that chip off of your shoulder. A poor person never employed anyone. I work as hard any anyone - about 50 hours a week as a computer programmer/network administrator/DBA. I didn't graduate from college until I was 35 years old, and I do know what it's like to live off of $12 an hour. There were several years we didn't vacation at all because we had to scrimp and save just to pay our mortgage or put food on the table. My wife and I decided it was time for me to improve myself. It was a difficult couple of years, playing Mr. Mom and carrying a full load of computer science classes at the university, but I did it, with a 3.05 GPA, without government assistance. I paid my own way. If you won't take the time or effort to do that, it's your problem, not anyone else's. If you have to scrimp and save for an annual pass, I would argue that you should spend the money on something else - or maybe take a year off (which is what we did this last year). Visiting WDW, or any other vacation spot, is a privilege, not a right. What's next - you're going to demand that they lower the price of food, or a night in the resorts, just because it's too much for you?

wow...stepping off of my soap box now...

maggiegrace1

That is not true at all...there are people who live paycheck to paycheck and struggle just to put food on the table and can not save that much a year...let alone afford to go to WDW at all..

Im glad that you can do that but you should not speak for everyone else.:wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I just payed $459.99 yesterday at AAA for 2 adult FL Resident Seasonal passes ($229.99 each) for my kids, whose birthdays aren't until Sept/Oct, but might as well save a few $$ if I can and buy early.

I remember what feels like a hundred years ago when the Seasonal pass for FL residents began. I don't have a great memory, but I do believe it was $50 per pass for the months of January, May and September. My how times have changed!!

raven

And we all know that everything a CM says is 100% true!!

It's been stated on videos and podcasts from the producers and original cast members of the production. I don't doubt them. And having missed getting into the show 3 times due to no more room has backed that up for me. I've also had to sit on the stairs in the upper reaches of the theatre many times with a few other hundred guests. Fire Code Violation? Yes. But it's proves that people really want to see it.

So, perhaps I am "NEW" to posting, but I'd wager to say that I spent more time and have seen and done more at WDW than you do.

Just because you live in Florida does not make you any more of a fan that anyone else here. More power to you that you are an AP holder and visit frequently; I wish I could. For some people, this forum is as close as they can get to WDW for several years at a time, and I cannot figure out why that bothers you, or how it makes you feel better than them.

I just said that I probably have spent more time at WDW than the person I was responding to, since they were attacking me as being "new" to these boards just because I don't post 100 messages a day like some other individuals.

First off, you don't know me at all so don't make these "wagers." Secondly, as wickedfan07 stated, just because I live far from WDW doesn't mean that I don't frequently visit. Yes I live in Michigan but I have an AP for a reason. With flights from Detroit to Orlando being constantly low ($25-$69 each way) I can visit Orlando whenever I want. I only post my official next trip in my profile as being a full-out vacation, but I go all the time without actually putting it in my profile. Thirdly, I said you were new to posting, NOT the boards. I can read and realize you have been on these boards for over a year. But I said that you were new to posting due to your low number of posts and the fact that under your user name it says "new here." That's all.

I have been to WDW before you were born...so what? I am most likely older that you and have been to WDW when the old attractions were still around...so what? I'm personally not saying that I know WDW more than you but you are saying that about me. I am only saying that you need to be careful slamming attractions without backing it up with reason. Members will pick up on that (and have by seeing their posts) and you will get negative feedback like this.

Yes, this is a forum but be aware that certain words will spark large heated debates and it will end up ugly. Please try to back up your theories when posting (even if they are your own) and things will stay reasonable. :wave:

maggiegrace1

Wow...people who think $320 isn't much money live a life of luxury. Couldn't prove it by me!

It won't pay my car payment, not even close to my mortgage, not enough to buy groceries for my family of four for a month, barely pays for two months of Karate for my son, is less than two nights in most of the luxury resorts on property, less than three nights at a moderate, less that four nights in a value...but we live a life of luxury, you see.

Get that chip off of your shoulder. A poor person never employed anyone. I work as hard any anyone - about 50 hours a week as a computer programmer/network administrator/DBA. I didn't graduate from college until I was 35 years old, and I do know what it's like to live off of $12 an hour. There were several years we didn't vacation at all because we had to scrimp and save just to pay our mortgage or put food on the table. My wife and I decided it was time for me to improve myself. It was a difficult couple of years, playing Mr. Mom and carrying a full load of computer science classes at the university, but I did it, with a 3.05 GPA, without government assistance. I paid my own way. If you won't take the time or effort to do that, it's your problem, not anyone else's. If you have to scrimp and save for an annual pass, I would argue that you should spend the money on something else - or maybe take a year off (which is what we did this last year). Visiting WDW, or any other vacation spot, is a privilege, not a right. What's next - you're going to demand that they lower the price of food, or a night in the resorts, just because it's too much for you?

wow...stepping off of my soap box now...

First off..not everyone can do what you did to better yourself and your family's lives...some people have to work 2 or 3 jobs because they have no one else to help them and someone has to feed the kids..not that they do not want to take the time to do it but maybe they do not HAVE the time to do it..because they are busy working to do what they need to do just to survive..

Second of all..I do not think he was really complaining that they raised the prices or that he was entitled to anything.. he was responding to the OP's..:lookaroun comment that anyone can save that amount of money easily..and as you stated in the fiirst part of your post..you even had to struggle to pay for things so you know it is not that easy to do..:wave:

Laura

Premium Member
That is not true at all...there are people who live paycheck to paycheck and struggle just to put food on the table and can not save that much a year...let alone afford to go to WDW at all..

Im glad that you can do that but you should not speak for everyone else.:wave:

But on the other side of the coin, it is only $6.15 a week for a year. Skip eating a value meal at McDonalds once a week and that covers your annual pass renewal. :lol:

Now what IS expensive is having to buy FOUR annual passes, which was around $1600 if I remember right (which is over $30 a week for a year! :dazzle:)

maggiegrace1

But on the other side of the coin, it is only $6.15 a week for a year. Skip eating a value meal at McDonalds once a week and that covers your annual pass renewal. :lol:

Now what IS expensive is having to buy FOUR annual passes, which was around $1600 if I remember right (which is over $30 a week for a year! :dazzle:)
True..but some people can not even afford the $6.15 a week to eat at McDonalds...That was the point I was trying to make...to some people it is pocket change but to others it is a lot of money and hard to come by..:shrug:

Hmph..$30 a week is nothing...:lookaroun

:ROFLOL: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom