News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

BrianLo

Care to share for those of us who missed it?

This will flag you to the right point. Pheneix also brings it up in that limited musings thread.

I could be wrong. But yeah, what I've heard is MK and HS are the focus.

This is all off the top of my head, so help me clarify my thinking here.

The thing I don't know is whether the strategy Disney's betting on is:
  1. Add to already-popular parks -or-
  2. Add to less-popular parks
Strategy #1 seems to make sense if Disney sees a need to get people in the door. So if surveys say "I'm not coming because there's nothing new", even after everything that's been added to EPCOT, then adding to MK makes sense. Lots of people think WDW === MK.

Strategy #2 seems to make sense if they need to get people to stay longer. Like, people are coming, but they're only going to 2 parks instead of 3 or 4.

I mention strategy #2 because I recently got an email asking for advice about G+. When I asked for details about the trip, the response was "We're doing 2 days at MK, 1 at EP, and 1 at HS."

I would love to see how many people are skipping AK like that. And this person has a 2-BR at BLT for a week. They have the money and the time.

Disney Analyst

AK and HS I think are the two that need something the most.

I agree about HS, I think AK needs to be developed further, but isn’t hurting as much operationally.

MK is the busiest theme park, and needs to be firing on all cylinders, and is frankly not. More entertainment, more attractions, build it out, get MK up to snuff, and then focus on AK and Epcot again.

HS is an operational mess and needs all the capacity and help it can get.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I agree about HS, I think AK needs to be developed further, but isn’t hurting as much operationally.

MK is the busiest theme park, and needs to be firing on all cylinders, and is frankly not. More entertainment, more attractions, build it out, get MK up to snuff, and then focus on AK and Epcot again.

HS is an operational mess and needs all the capacity and help it can get.
I don't understand? If it is so terrible, why do they keep promoting the people that have run these places? These are competent professionals that know what they're doing.

EPCOT-O.G.

If you believe the notion that DAK is the least popular/desired among the four parks, and Epic (or cost increases) will cut somewhat down on where people go, there’s a wisdom in sacrificing DAK to keep the rest above water and running optimally.

Which is why a reskin of Dinosaur and vague details on What, Exactly, is happening with the Encanto (attraction? Experience?) are interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom