News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Last edited:

Indy_UK

Is this higher than what Iger said would be invested in Florida a few months ago?

It all sounds good on paper and common sense would say to invest your most profitable assets but at the same time, they will need to slow down on the price increases in the parks and bring back perks that were taken away, which they won't want to do?

Marionnette

I don't think you have a firm understanding of how much money $60 billion is.
Given how often TWDC has given fans the "Charlie Brown Football" treatment, I'm very skeptical of how much will be spent on the domestic parks or how impressive their final product will be. Certainly, they had to know that this money was in the pipeline when they made their lackluster D23 announcement.

doctornick

I like to hear it, but "money where your mouth is" (literally in this case) and let's see what this actually gets spent on. And my real question when it comes to WDW: will this simply be a lot of refurbs and replacements so that capacity is unaffected and thus there is no significant improvement to the parks? 3/4 parks needs more net attractions, yet the only one with any plans for actual expansion is the one that least needs it.

I'm sure Disneyland will move heave and earth to create additional attractions without closing anything. :rolleyes:

el_super

It all sounds good on paper and common sense would say to invest your most profitable assets but at the same time, they will need to slow down on the price increases in the parks and bring back perks that were taken away, which they won't want to do?

The entire point of revaluing the product, by Igers planning from 2019, was to justify more capital expenditures through higher per cap spending.

All of it, from the higher ticket prices to the reduction in AP availability to the reservation availability... we're all meant to drive this effort to increase guest spending. There would be no way to sustain that growth without more and more investment.

Igers plan seems alive and well. So no, it's doubtful the price increases will stop.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230919_083644_Chrome.jpg

Thus would need to pertain to WDW where they overwhelming have the most available land. Of course it does not mean they'll do anything substantial, but at minimum it'll buy a little more time with investors (although maybe not fans).

But it also obviously means other parks too.("across its existing sites")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom