News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

PrincessJulia1207

People say this is finally Mickey getting the attraction he's always deserved. I think the opposite. I think this is a giant middle finger to the attraction Mickey deserved.
THIS THIS THIS
large.gif
tumblr_n4ecjqfxkF1r7eta3o1_500.gif

tumblr_nl90jxgwoT1s2wio8o1_500.gif

giphy.gif
(<----Iger)

AndyS2992

I think it's hilarious that people are stating how terrible this new Mickey ride is, it hasn't even been built yet! Geez people, give it a chance. I'm glad the GMR is gone, it was staler than a pack of croutons and it amuses me that so many people are now crawling out of the woodwork saying how it was their favourite ride at WDW now that it's gone when I haven't heard anyone say a good thing or shown any care for it in the last 17 years or so. :confused: It was just kinda there and was always a walk on. It was only when the hat was torn down that people actually noticed it was there :hilarious:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think it's hilarious that people are stating how terrible this new Mickey ride is, it hasn't even been built yet! Geez people, give it a chance. I'm glad the GMR is gone, it was staler than a pack of croutons and it amuses me that so many people are now crawling out of the woodwork saying how it was their favourite ride at WDW now that it's gone when I haven't heard anyone say a good thing or shown any care for it in the last 17 years or so. :confused: It was just kinda there and was always a walk on. It was only when the hat was torn down that people actually noticed it was there :hilarious:

"...always a walk on"? Really? EVERY single time I've been to MGM/DHS, there's been at least a minimum 10-15 minute wait for GMR. And I've been to that park at least once during every month of the year over the past 17 years and it's never mattered - January? There was a wait for GMR. August? There was a wait for GMR. Late April? There was a wait for GMR.

BTW - Many, many people have said good things about GMR and shown their love for it in the past 17 years. You're just apparently blind and deaf to it all because it doesn't suit your agenda.

FigmentForver96

The ride was hardly ever a walk on. For a multitude of factors. Also, plenty of people on hear have always applauded the Great Movie Ride for being what it was. We wanted updates for it because it deserved it. And plenty of people noticed it long before the hat. ;)

We're all for giving the ride a change, and I think it will actually be a very fun ride I'll enjoy. The problem is they had room to build elsewhere, the original ride was a classic, and it's just another unique Disney experience down the drain.

G00fyDad

I really... REALLY have a problem with the animation style they're going to use.

And no doubt the frentic pace the whole thing will have to appeal to those that can't focus for more than 3 seconds.

I absolutely DO NOT get the use of this animation style.

The no-brainer move here would have been to do a "Mickey through the years" attraction. Slam dunk. In the PERFECT location even. It would have been timeless. It wouldn't have aged.

Instead, we're going to get a trendy, hip, likely mostly screen based attraction that won't have that kind of staying power.

I am with you on this. I do not like the new style of animation they are using for this attraction. I've disliked it since I first saw it used. It just looks cheap and in no way close to the feel of Disney, for me. I get that a lot of people like this style and that means that it is (sadly) here to stay but I doubt I'll ever get used to it.

3MWR

The last ride (wait for unload for proof):

There was still one more vehicle loaded after this show. There was a wheelchair-bound guest in the pre-show who had to wait for a vehicle that could physically accommodate them in their chair. BasiltheBatLord was correct and the actual final show can be found here on the Main Street Moms' channel:

Sloppy reporting on the part of MouseSteps as there was a crowd outside of the attraction's exit that recorded each show emptying out leading up to the cast's final bow.

Last edited:

asianway

"...always a walk on"? Really? EVERY single time I've been to MGM/DHS, there's been at least a minimum 10-15 minute wait for GMR. And I've been to that park at least once during every month of the year over the past 17 years and it's never mattered - January? There was a wait for GMR. August? There was a wait for GMR. Late April? There was a wait for GMR.

BTW - Many, many people have said good things about GMR and shown their love for it in the past 17 years. You're just apparently blind and deaf to it all because it doesn't suit your agenda.
I can assure you that during most of 09-11 it was generally walk on.

AndyS2992

The ride was hardly ever a walk on. For a multitude of factors. Also, plenty of people on hear have always applauded the Great Movie Ride for being what it was. We wanted updates for it because it deserved it. And plenty of people noticed it long before the hat. ;)

We're all for giving the ride a change, and I think it will actually be a very fun ride I'll enjoy. The problem is they had room to build elsewhere, the original ride was a classic, and it's just another unique Disney experience down the drain.
No, that's hilarious.
We always go for two weeks anywhere between early August and late September and in all my trips and visits to DHS, I have never waited for the GMR. You walk in and straight on at any time of day. I've never even had the chance to watch the preshow in the theatre. I check the MDE wait times every now and then throughout the year for fun and is always 5 or 10 minutes. It's not the super popular always 60 minutes+ wait people are now making it out to be. I'm know people are upset but whining about how awful 'Mickey' is going to be is not going to change Disney's mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom