News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

aladdin2007

It's only a matter of time before the iconic marquee signs are taken down...

The Main Street Moms livestream of the "final ride" showed them to be the very last guests in line. So unless there was a special final ride after that reserved for certain people, that was the last tram.

already down.

asianway

Does anyone know if the the art stores throughout WDW sell (or have ever sold) the original GMR poster? I have not been able to find anything online, so I'm assuming not, but I would love to own one as it is one of the greatest ride posters in WDW history.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2016/08/GMR.jpg
Never sold to my knowledge, and I know quite a bit...the licensing split on selling that particular piece of merch all but assured it would never happen.

No Name

Have their been any major cuts to this or the Guardians coaster since the rumors spilled? I'm trying to find something to be positive about...

All of the recent attractions are extremely short. there may be a pre-show then a secondary queue and that way they can claim the experience is longer, but the ride portion I am sure will be quite short.

7-8 minutes actual ride time is what's being tossed around here. Which of course is short, but I suppose it's long compared to their recent works.

NearTheEars

If so, it'll be interesting to see how the transition from real-world-to-toon is pulled off...it better be convincing.

Martin is saying now that there will be two preshow rooms. But I agree it's going to be tough because you still have to load into a vehicle after the preshow. Maybe you are "sucked in" during preshow and the ride is the escape.

Mike S

It's certainly criminal.
Only because of GMR, not location behind a grand theater facade.
But is a 90 second long trendy ride-through cartoon short what should really be the absolute centerpiece and placemaking attraction for this entire park... Is this the attraction that sets up the entire park experience?....
YES! The Great Movie Ride needed to be refreshed, but cutting it down to a short screen based ride featuring Mickey Mouse in a scaled down trendy completely non classic way doesn't seem the right decision... now if it were in the Animation Courtyard and NOT the centerpiece of the entiire park, I don't think I would have as much of a problem with it....
First of all, it's not going to be a 90 second ride. Everyone has said 7-8 minutes. And yes, a Mickey Mouse ride could absolutely serve as a centerpiece ride. Should it have really gone this way? No. But it's really not the worst thing to ask for as a replacement.
Millions and millions of people like McDonalds too, but they booted them out of the park...
and millions and millions of people don't care for the style of the new shorts...that doesn't explain why they have decided to use that as the centerpiece attraction of the whole park...
Then don't ride it. Very simple. Millions will have fun, you'll sit in your grumpy corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom