News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Maeryk

Right, I know. I was just curious if there were "some" pictures out there that may have leaked out

backdoordisney on Twitter dropped a photo of the inside of the GMR, and claims to have more. Also what they believe to be an old planning drawing from the ride showing Young Frankenstein and Ghostbusters as parts of the ride.

Sharon&Susan

I’ve got an inside source that tells me that they’re closing the Mickey Mouse Revue and moving it to a new secret project in Japan. Expect to see some changes to Disneyland’s Fantasyland too, there’ll be wonderful views of the construction from the Skyway.

Maeryk

Now if only backdoordisney could track down a Gene Wilder animatronic....

I know you are joking, but I would love to see, laid out somewhere, the furious shifting of rights and protecting of properties that happened leading up to the GMR actually ending up the way it did. I have read some of the stuff about GB being on the table, then off the table as another park made a more lucrative offer (and for some reason I think Dan still had control of the IP? But not the name? my memory is fuzzy). I'm sure there was a lot of wrangling and arguing over who could use what likenesses and characters.

juniorthomas

I know you are joking, but I would love to see, laid out somewhere, the furious shifting of rights and protecting of properties that happened leading up to the GMR actually ending up the way it did. I have read some of the stuff about GB being on the table, then off the table as another park made a more lucrative offer (and for some reason I think Dan still had control of the IP? But not the name? my memory is fuzzy). I'm sure there was a lot of wrangling and arguing over who could use what likenesses and characters.

Absolutely. The hourly rates of all lawyers involved must have received quite a workout.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Apparently, the Backlot Tour might close. Wouldn't be surprised if it just sits there untouched for a couple years

It'd be even worse if they did something silly like close 20K Leagues and then did nothing with the land for decades. Disney wouldn't do that, thankfully, they're too smart.

Cesar R M

Thank goodness 20K Leagues is still operating! Love that ride!

Need to head off and get on Horizons, be back in about 30 minutes.

[Note: That last one makes my eyes sweaty...]
angrymickey.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom