News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last edited:

aladdin2007

The use is because it's insanely popular and millions upon millions love it. You people really write it off way too much just because it's different than older shorts.

Not everyone has to like the idea of this, we all have different opinions, I certainly don't like it, and feel like its another shoehorning in when it should have been built behind animation courtyard. I dont care what their justification is for the placement. Maybe once it opens it will totally change my mind and blow me away, I hope so and I will be open to that. But right now I don't care for it nor am I fan of screens, but its especially the use of disney channel type material and the style of animation they are using like others have already said, when this could have been the quintessential classic mickey through the years etc. Just a personal preference.

disneygeek90

Because half the final ride would have gangster, the other half bandit.

I explained how it worked here:

I watched the supposed video from the "last ride ever." He was in the front car. At one point the camera shows the one in the back, it was just a cast member standing there by herself. I don't think the back car was filled, but it did go one last time through.

Mike S

It'll be very good.

But the GMR should not have closed for it. Or for the politics associated with it.
And I agree with that. But to pretend it's something like putting Frozen in Norway is just not true. It's a natural fit for a theater setting. Should it have replaced GMR? No, I don't think so. But it's not some egregious thematic crime like some people make it out to be.

Bocabear

And I agree with that. But to pretend it's something like putting Frozen in Norway is just not true. It's a natural fit for a theater setting. Should it have replaced GMR? No, I don't think so. But it's not some egregious thematic crime like some people make it out to be.
But is a 90 second long trendy ride-through cartoon short what should really be the absolute centerpiece and placemaking attraction for this entire park... Is this the attraction that sets up the entire park experience?....
YES! The Great Movie Ride needed to be refreshed, but cutting it down to a short screen based ride featuring Mickey Mouse in a scaled down trendy completely non classic way doesn't seem the right decision... now if it were in the Animation Courtyard and NOT the centerpiece of the entiire park, I don't think I would have as much of a problem with it....

Bocabear

The use is because it's insanely popular and millions upon millions love it. You people really write it off way too much just because it's different than older shorts.
Millions and millions of people like McDonalds too, but they booted them out of the park...
and millions and millions of people don't care for the style of the new shorts...that doesn't explain why they have decided to use that as the centerpiece attraction of the whole park...

Tom Morrow

It's only a matter of time before the iconic marquee signs are taken down...

The Main Street Moms livestream of the "final ride" showed them to be the very last guests in line. So unless there was a special final ride after that reserved for certain people, that was the last tram.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom