News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Goofyernmost

To be honest, it wasn't. IMHO.
I'm not sure why that doesn't surprise me that you would have felt that way.;) You are a historian and you base your views on what you like to see and what you consider to be creative and awe inspiring. I base mine perhaps, yes, I will admit it, on a little lower cerebral level and try to see it as the average, common Joe (that's me) would see it. Since it no longer exists I would say that the feeling of the common folk prevailed in this case. They did find it boring, like I did. After the Dream Catcher section all I could ever think about was when will this end so I can ride it again and see the beginning.

I always loved the original EPCOT, but, I viewed it perhaps differently. To me it was comparable to an art museum. Just this week I went to a Museum of Modern Art here in Raleigh. I'm not an art connoisseur, but, I do admire the works of artist if for no other reason then I wish I had the talent to do that. The first hour or so, I am fascinated, I look over paintings, sculptures, etc. with awe and not just a little bit of jealousy. Then I start wondering how close we are to lunch time because my feet hurt, I want to sit down and everything is just becoming one big blur of the same thing. (Did you ever notice the number of 15th century paintings that are based on Madonna and Child?) Anyway, the fact that I get tired of it is not because there was no art or talent displayed it was because I had overloaded. That to me, describes EPCOT (the park) perfectly. That as the case where less would have been more and shorter durations might have been able to sustain longer.

Phil12

Oops. Check the date.
The rumor is from last year. You don't expect that WDW would rip out Rivers of America in less than a year do you? This is the same rumor mentioned by Spirit concerning the removal (or significant change) of Tom Sawyer's Island and a new E-ticket attraction for Frontierland.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The rumor is from last year. You don't expect that WDW would rip out Rivers of America in less than a year do you? This is the same rumor mentioned by Spirit concerning the removal (or significant change) of Tom Sawyer's Island and a new E-ticket attraction for Frontierland.
And not every rumor comes to fruition. Most the pity....

Phil12

And not every rumor comes to fruition. Most the pity....
Indeed, as I previously stated, I have no idea if the rumor is true or not. Considering its poor popularity I would imagine WDW is anxious to retire The Liberty Belle and substitute a more popular attraction that is also less expensive to maintain and operate.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'll rephrase it.

That's been shelved. Thankfully.

Though given you seem to be an expert on the Belles popularity you must be saddened by this news.

Thanks phoenicians

I'll rephrase it.

Though given you seem to be an expert on the Belles popularity you must be saddened by this news.
Do you think we could still see something significant like a new attraction for the 50th. Obviously good to see Rivers will stick around, but I'd hope they will still explore some kind of a new attraction/expansion.

Sped2424

Do you think we could still see something significant like a new attraction for the 50th. Obviously good to see Rivers will stick around, but I'd hope they will still explore some kind of a new attraction/expansion.
Wreck it ralph in tomorrowland seems to be happening by then

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Indeed, as I previously stated, I have no idea if the rumor is true or not. Considering its poor popularity I would imagine WDW is anxious to retire The Liberty Belle and substitute a more popular attraction that is also less expensive to maintain and operate.
Or, they're not. But keep up the excellent trolling. Entering the rarefied ranks, you are....

Phil12

I'll rephrase it.

Not sad at all. Thank you for confirmation that the idea is more than just a mere rumor. When circumstances warrant, shelved ideas can be dusted off and implemented.

Phil12

Or, they're not. But keep up the excellent trolling. Entering the rarefied ranks, you are....
Considering that the MK still reigns supreme as the most visited park I doubt they're in any hurry to make major changes. At least we know such changes have been considered and could be implemented in the future. Of course MK is not under the same burden as Disneyland having to absorb a new Star Wars Land.

Phil12

TWDC has plans for plans. Still doesn't make your various lines of b#ll#cks any more valid. As I'm certain you're aware....
As I said, I have no idea if the rumor is true. However, since both Spirit and marni1971 have confirmed that it was once under consideration, it wouldn't surprise me if Tom Sawyer's Island is re-purposed along with the elimination of Rivers of America. The changes sound plausible.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As I said, I have no idea if the rumor is true. However, since both Spirit and marni1971 have confirmed that it was once under consideration, it wouldn't surprise me if Tom Sawyer's Island is re-purposed along with the elimination of Rivers of America. The changes sound plausible.
Using them to buttress a theory already laid to rest by Marni doesn't do much for you. Other than your continuing to troll for validation. Or just troll....

Phil12

Using them to buttress a theory already laid to rest by Marni doesn't do much for you. Other than your continuing to troll for validation. Or just troll....
Validation has been achieved. As you said, "TWDC has plans for plans". Yet the plan that I considered to be just a rumor has now been elevated to a plan that has been shelved. As we all know, Disney is famous for dusting off old plans and putting them into action when circumstances permit or requirements demand. I'm not suggesting it's an immediate plan of action but rather a viable option. The plan seems entirely credible, reasonable, feasible and very possible all things considered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom