News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

DinoInstitute

View attachment 166347 God the stage makes the view so bad
And to think that hasn't even been the worst of their giant obstructing stages.
IMG_5657.JPG

Phil12

I hope they are smart and turn Oz into a restaurant or something. It's such a shame to lose one of the great AA scenes of all time.
I agree. And when they get rid of The Liberty Belle from the MK I hope they turn that into a snack bar. It's not big enough for a restaurant.

Tony the Tigger

I hope they are smart and turn Oz into a restaurant or something. It's such a shame to lose one of the great AA scenes of all time.

really hate to see that scene go more than anything else, I mean where else can you ride through Oz? nowhere..that I know of.

I agree. And when they get rid of The Liberty Belle from the MK I hope they turn that into a snack bar. It's not big enough for a restaurant.

I was lamenting this as I rode through last week, possibly for the last time - how could you let Oz be torn out and not place it somewhere? What a loss. I'd rather see it expanded.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Biff215

That's an awesome idea, especially since we've speculated that the Mickey ride wouldn't need the entire building. I have no idea where that scene is located in the building, could it be separated and accessed from a public area of the park? Hoping Disney would relocate it is way too much to ask.

Of course if the argument is that GMR will no longer fit the park's new vision, then I'm not sure this would. Plus it involves licensing, doesn't it? If Twilight Zone is removed from ToT, then we know we don't have a shot!

Phil12

I never understood the insistence of these damn stages.
Why not build it sideways or in sunset's boulevard?
They're just following the MK precedent with a stage in front of the park icon. The problem is that the Chinese theater is so small even a small stage obscures it. They obviously need a bigger icon in that location.

Cesar R M

They're just following the MK precedent with a stage in front of the park icon. The problem is that the Chinese theater is so small even a small stage obscures it. They obviously need a bigger icon in that location.
yeah right, I bet you'd love a giant olaf statue.

Siren

I have accepted the fate of GMR and I am looking forward to the new Mickey ride. I just wish DHS had a spectacular icon. The other three parks have an icon that is unique to Disney and the park it represents. Cinderella's Castle - The Tree of Life - Spaceship Earth.

If you show someone a picture a picture of the DHS icon -- they will automatically think it is the Grauman's Chinese theater in Hollywood. It would be nice for DHS to have its own unique identity.

Launchpad McQuack

I have accepted the fate of GMR and I am looking forward to the new Mickey ride. I just wish DHS had a spectacular icon. The other three parks have an icon that is unique to Disney and the park it represents. Cinderella's Castle - The Tree of Life - Spaceship Earth.

If you show someone a picture a picture of the DHS icon -- they will automatically think it is the Grauman's Chinese theater in Hollywood. It would be nice for DHS to have its own unique identity.

Even though it has been taken down, the Earffel Tower will always be the park icon to me.

Bocabear

The Earful Tower never seemed the right note to me...I prefer the Chinese Theater, but now with all the massive amounts of changing coming to this park and the loss of the classic movies theme, will the theater facade end up being an obscure footnote to what the park once was, and not what it is? I will mourn the loss of the Old Hollywood Theme...it made the park feel quaint and lovely...I am afraid they are really going to junk it up...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The Earful Tower never seemed the right note to me...I prefer the Chinese Theater, but now with all the massive amounts of changing coming to this park and the loss of the classic movies theme, will the theater facade end up being an obscure footnote to what the park once was, and not what it is? I will mourn the loss of the Old Hollywood Theme...it made the park feel quaint and lovely...I am afraid they are really going to junk it up...
Quaint, lovely, and an endearing reminder of the world that helped influence Walt Disney....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom