News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Phil12

This is why we can't have nice things. Thankfully some adults have a longer attention span than an 8 year old.

Of course this premise also falls flat when its pointed out today's guests wait two hours for a five minute ride.
Good writers don't need to drone on about their stories. Thank goodness Disney hires good editors who know how to use time wisely.

Phil12

The Carousel of Progress is a boondoggle attraction? Got it. . . . . :confused:
You think Walt would have spent his own money on developing that show? Neither Disneyland nor Walt Disney Productions had anything to do with that attraction. It was built by Walt's private company WED at a very healthy profit for Walt. GE paid all the costs to Walt.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Haunted Mansion is ten minutes while the Jungle Cruise is seven minutes. That's indisputably Walt's gold standard not mine.

Good writers don't need to drone on about their stories. Thank goodness Disney hires good editors who know how to use time wisely.

Yep, and GE foot the bill. Walt was always happy to create boondoggle attractions as long as a sponsor was paying the freight.

Storytelling is true. The canyon between fact and fiction in that attraction is huge.

You think Walt would have spent his own money on developing that show?

Now I KNOW you are just trolling.

Phil12

I'm lost, I thought you were using Walt to prove your short rides are better point. Yet most if the rides he made were quite long.
Considering the technology of Walt's time, the rides were short and as an example, Mr. Toad is only two minutes.

Look at the space taken up by Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. They are short in time considering the space covered. The Rivers of America at Disneyland is being rerouted in part to shorten the ride. The old twelve minute ride was too long. I expect they'll do the same in WDW in coming years.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Considering the technology of Walt's time, the rides were short and as an example, Mr. Toad is only two minutes.

Look at the space taken up by Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. They are short in time considering the space covered. The Rivers of America at Disneyland is being rerouted in part to shorten the ride. The old twelve minute ride was too long. I expect they'll do the same in WDW in coming years.
Or, they won't. Sure you'll be ok with either decision though....

aladdin2007

its being rerouted for star wars land- not as an intent to shorten it!

Goofyernmost

... Journey into Imagination? BORING?!?
To be absolutely honest, anything after the turntable "one little spark" section it was quite boring. Even back in the 80's. So many were snooze attractions back then, but, as usual our memories only retain the good stuff. People today complain about Energy being a sleep attraction, but, when compared to the original, that is about as exciting as things get. Horizons was a very good attraction, however, they could have left out quite a few minutes of it without affecting the ride at all. The Floating cardboard cutout section was a waste of time and space and the "magical" ending was a real waste of time. WoM was full of funny and interesting AA's so I didn't really have much of a problem with that ride or at least the parts that I remember of it. So, yea... maybe that was the demise of EPCOT Ctr. everything took to long and it was easy to lose interest in it quite quickly. SSE worked because even after the highlight (earth view) the backward descent kept most people awake and amused, but, not overly entertained. Living with the land is something completely different so it was more interesting, but, was never, at least for me, something that was a must do.

American Adventure? Anyone touches that, they answer to me, understand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom