News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

yeti

Blame them? I applaud them! Speedier attractions are needed. These long and slow attractions of yesteryear need to be modified. Just imagine if they sped up Spaceship Earth so that the attraction only took 7.5 minutes rather than 15 minutes. Who wants to spend valuable time looking at the back of Wozniak's head or a newsboy's little butt? Of course with existing rides it may not be possible. But with new rides 2.5 to 3 minutes is more than enough time to tell a story.

In the words of an old Phoenician proverb, "If you can't tell the story in under three minutes, it may not be worth telling." I think we need to thank the Phoenicians.

Does Phil stand for Philistine?

Cesar R M

But... but the time travelers!
I must know the truth!
YER CANT JUNDLE THE JUISE!!

TgiUrr1.gif

Phil12

Your argument is silly.

The original Peter Pan's Flight was an opening day attraction and lasted about two minutes and a half. Surely the work of time travelers, correct?
No, the work of Walt Disney himself. Walt knew how to tell a story without superfluous elements and the 1953 Peter Pan movie was 76 minutes in length. Walt knew that rides in his park should be short. The gold standard for rides is the Matterhorn Bobsled. One track runs a little over two minutes while the other runs about two minutes and a half. It's a Small World runs eight minutes and Space Mountain runs three minutes. The Jungle Cruise only runs seven minutes. I'm sure they can improve upon those times and shorten things a bit.

Disney learned with attractions such as Horizons, Journey into Imagination and WoM that they had created Omnimover overkill since Spaceship Earth was close by as well. They realized they were boring people to death with so many long rides concentrated in such a small area. Thank goodness they got rid of the most boring and modified the others to make things interesting again.

FigmentForver96

No, the work of Walt Disney himself. Walt knew how to tell a story without superfluous elements and the 1953 Peter Pan movie was 76 minutes in length. Walt knew that rides in his park should be short. The gold standard for rides is the Matterhorn Bobsled. One track runs a little over two minutes while the other runs about two minutes and a half. It's a Small World runs eight minutes and Space Mountain runs three minutes. The Jungle Cruise only runs seven minutes. I'm sure they can improve upon those times and shorten things a bit.

Disney learned with attractions such as Horizons, Journey into Imagination and WoM that they had created Omnimover overkill since Spaceship Earth was close by as well. They realized they were boring people to death with so many long rides concentrated in such a small area. Thank goodness they got rid of the most boring and modified the others to make things interesting again.
Now I remember why you stay on ignore. You are a troll. An immature troll that does nothing but make conversation that will stir the pot. You would be better off on a board who actually cares or agrees with yur opinion but good luck finding one.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

The same Walt who came up with the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion....

And that's your "gold standard," not necessarily anyone else's.

Matt_Black

... Journey into Imagination? BORING?!?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Blame them? I applaud them! Speedier attractions are needed. These long and slow attractions of yesteryear need to be modified. Just imagine if they sped up Spaceship Earth so that the attraction only took 7.5 minutes rather than 15 minutes. Who wants to spend valuable time looking at the back of Wozniak's head or a newsboy's little butt? Of course with existing rides it may not be possible. But with new rides 2.5 to 3 minutes is more than enough time to tell a story.

In the words of an old Phoenician proverb, "If you can't tell the story in under three minutes, it may not be worth telling." I think we need to thank the Phoenicians.
This is why we can't have nice things. Thankfully some adults have a longer attention span than an 8 year old.

Of course this premise also falls flat when its pointed out today's guests wait two hours for a five minute ride.

Last edited:

Bocabear

This is why we can't have nice things. Thankfully some adults have a longer attention span than an 8 year old.

Of course this premise also falls flat when its pointed out today's guests wait two hours for a five minute ride.
So true! Look at the length of time people waited to meet characters....that only goes to show Disney that they can build a cheap meet and Greet and people will be happy with that over a new attraction... Sad...

brb1006

So true! Look at the length of time people waited to meet characters....that only goes to show Disney that they can build a cheap meet and Greet and people will be happy with that over a new attraction... Sad...
Not all meet and greets are cheap though. Look how good the Inside Out room looks.

Phil12

The same Walt who came up with the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion....

And that's your "gold standard," not necessarily anyone else's.
Haunted Mansion is ten minutes while the Jungle Cruise is seven minutes. That's indisputably Walt's gold standard not mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom