News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

CinematicFusion

I'm scared.

I thought Disney's Hollywood Studios was supposed to be a tribute to all movies! Oh wait, we're currently in the midst of Iger and Chapek's tyranny. The only movies they care about are their own.

Sorry, I just had to vent. Honestly, this is not what DHS needs.

The concept looks to be changing. I'm sure a name change for DHS will come before Star Wars Land opens along with a new narrative explaining what the park is now about.
Movie studios doesn't look to be park of it.

zengoth

I wonder if we are seeing the beginnings of the removal of the whole "old hollywood" theme in its entirety. Especially with another park down the road with the exact same theming in parts. It would be a huge loss if this were true but it would help explain a lot of these plans and rumors.

P_Radden

Well well.

This saga may run and run. There may be a chapter two.

Time will tell.

More about the GMR and other.... connected topics. Time will tell.

I'm wondering about is the resturants/kitchen attached near by to GMR bldg and the area behind it:
GMR.png

For you guys in the know, is Sci-Fi still safe?

If not discussing a clone of this ride out in DCA, could "chapter 2" be something the works for the blue area?

CinematicFusion

Shocking! Wonder if any effort will be made to link the scenes.

Secondary thought: Disney's done such a poor job keeping Mickey's classic short films in circulation on television and on DVD that most guests won't even recognize scenes from "The Band Concert" or whatever.

Actually, I'd be curious to know what modern-day Disneu considers Mickey's greatest moments... "Sorcerer" and..."Steamboat" and...?

It's going to be a huge hit if we are transported into those scenes. Many of Mickey's stories are well written, kinetic, fun.
A few years ago Disney created the get a horse short and it was a big success.

If they can capture the magic of that short with the Philharmagic film at MK and combine it into a whimsical greatest hits journey....well....it could possible be one of the best rides in all of DW.
Hope springs eternal. :)
Of course....it might not get built at all. :(

DisneyFans4Life

I wonder if we are seeing the beginnings of the removal of the whole "old hollywood" theme in its entirety. Especially with another park down the road with the exact same theming in parts. It would be a huge loss if this were true but it would help explain a lot of these plans and rumors.
This seems to be the direction that HS is going. They're not really a "studios" anymore and the changes they're making to the park don't necessarily coincide with the old Hollywood theming.

po1998

Nothing more I can say at the moment aside from some things are definite, some not so much.
Let me guess..WDI just read my earlier post and realized how stupid they were for placing "E Ticket Mickey" into the GMR building, in a park starved for attractions. They are now going to follow my lead, and leave GMR as an attraction(with a few updated scenes), and build "E Ticket Mickey" somewhere else at DHS...hopefully replacing SW Memorabilia Snoozefest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom