News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Phil12

Pop songs were longer in the '60s?
No, not at all. Generation Z (i.e. the current generation) makes up 25% of the U.S. population. They are a larger group than the Baby Boomers, the Millennials or Generation X. They are the first generation to have grown up with social media and marketing studies show they have an eight second attention span. This is a prime marketing target for Disney. Attraction times will diminish.

Cesar R M

Don't worry. The average wait time for the new ride will be at least 16 minutes longer than GMR's to take up the appropriate amount of time.
That seems to be the Executives view of "sucess" I suppose.
Next they will remove all quick service restaurants and quick shots and setting them in the queues.
So you can eat a hotdog while you wait 4 hours for a 5 minute ride.

Siren

Don't worry. The average wait time for the new ride will be at least 16 minutes longer than GMR's to take up the appropriate amount of time.
Hi @MansionButler84! Very funny. But, I have got some great news for you! Dan just posted a new permit filed for DHS yesterday -- it's for two years and expires on October 31, 2018. And, a construction company is listed. So, there is a good chance that this could be for the new Mickey ride which means GMR could be spared! There is hope, so don't give up just yet.

No. Let's hope they don't cut further so it's Na'vi River Journey length. It should take longer to go on a ride than to eat a donut.
The boat ride is not that short. I totally love Living w/the land and the dark portion is very short. So, you have to give this a fair chance.

Six minutes is nothing to scoff at? Haunted Mansion etc are all incredible rides and ride times are not much above it... Sure Hunted mansion gets you with the rooms before but ride time is not huge and they are two of the best rides in my mind...

I don't need a 22 min ride that puts me to sleep...
Hi @gmajew! GMR is 22 minutes, if it is replaced with a 6 minute ride -- will you at least admit that this is a loss? Did you ever fall asleep on GMR? I don't think so, especially during that exciting shoot out scene.

Not to mention, this history of this ride. It was the very first ride in this park.

Sped2424

No, not at all. Generation Z (i.e. the current generation) makes up 25% of the U.S. population. They are a larger group than the Baby Boomers, the Millennials or Generation X. They are the first generation to have grown up with social media and marketing studies show they have an eight second attention span. This is a prime marketing target for Disney. Attraction times will diminish.
So we have found something more horrible than the dreaded "millennials" to blame society's downfalls on. Dope.

Rteetz

Hi @MansionButler84! Very funny. But, I have got some great news for you! Dan just posted a new permit filed for DHS yesterday -- it's for two years and expires on October 31, 2018. And, a construction company is listed. So, there is a good chance that this could be for the new Mickey ride which means GMR could be spared! There is hope, so don't give up just yet.
That permit is for toy story not a Mickey ride.

gmajew

Premium Member
Hi @gmajew! GMR is 22 minutes, if it is replaced with a 6 minute ride -- will you at least admit that this is a loss? Did you ever fall asleep on GMR? I don't think so, especially during that exciting shoot out scene.

Not to mention, this history of this ride. It was the very first ride in this park.

Maybe not bored but not overly entertained anymore either... Way more entertained riding pirates or hunted over and over again each trip maybe multiple times a day. Will not ever ride GMR more then once a trip.

Phil12

So we have found something more horrible than the dreaded "millennials" to blame society's downfalls on. Dope.
Blame them? I applaud them! Speedier attractions are needed. These long and slow attractions of yesteryear need to be modified. Just imagine if they sped up Spaceship Earth so that the attraction only took 7.5 minutes rather than 15 minutes. Who wants to spend valuable time looking at the back of Wozniak's head or a newsboy's little butt? Of course with existing rides it may not be possible. But with new rides 2.5 to 3 minutes is more than enough time to tell a story.

In the words of an old Phoenician proverb, "If you can't tell the story in under three minutes, it may not be worth telling." I think we need to thank the Phoenicians.

Bocabear

Blame them? I applaud them! Speedier attractions are needed. These long and slow attractions of yesteryear need to be modified. Just imagine if they sped up Spaceship Earth so that the attraction only took 7.5 minutes rather than 15 minutes. Who wants to spend valuable time looking at the back of Wozniak's head or a newsboy's little butt? Of course with existing rides it may not be possible. But with new rides 2.5 to 3 minutes is more than enough time to tell a story.

In the words of an old Phoenician proverb, "If you can't tell the story in under three minutes, it may not be worth telling." I think we need to thank the Phoenicians.
I hope you are joking....

Bairstow

Your argument is silly.

The original Peter Pan's Flight was an opening day attraction and lasted about two minutes and a half. Surely the work of time travelers, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom