News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Animaniac93-98

There's no rumors of any new parade/day time entertainment. Alleged refreshes of shows still haven't happened.

There's still a chance these could happen, and it would be a great short-term fix for having so much of the park closed and walled off.

But the amount of opportunity squandered on this park's makeover is staggering to think about. That they even chose TSPL (never mind the construction timeline) over anything else, says everything you need to know.

Animaniac93-98

Yakko's Wakko Plan to Fix DHS:

- Scrap plans for TSPL and build Mickey's Toontown 2.0 on Sunset Ranch plot. Have two flat rides to go with the dark ride to keep the little kids happy. Eliminates Sunset Blvd. dead-end, by connecting it with Animation Courtyard
- Build the on again/off again Door Coaster as an extension of Pixar Place
- Keep Star Wars plans the same
- Replace Indy Stuntshow with DisneySea dark ride
- Turn Launch Bay into a new version of the Soundstage Restaurant & Catwalk Bar
- Ditch the Star Wars stage show and march and have a real afternoon parade based on the movies. Have kids who win Jedi Training be on one of the floats.
- Replace BatB and Mermaid with new animated shows and do the same once a decade because these things have a short shelf life
- Give GMR a major SSE-94 style refurb with upgraded effects and one or two movie replacements

^ This isn't even a complete remake, but it would add capacity while upgrading/replacing everything that could be considered dated.

RoysCabin

I get confused when we see discussions of needing shorter rides to deal with "shorter attention spans" in modern audiences, given that these shorter, lower capacity rides tend to come complete with longer queues. Would not said queues hurt the audience's collective attention span more than 12-15 minute ride experiences that are designed with greater capacity capabilities?

Cesar R M

I hope it doesn't close until after Toy Story Playland opens because it would make zero sense to operate DHS with only 4 rides.
Not for the intelligent customers.. Yes for the beancounters.
They probably would run cavalgades, parades, tons of M&G's to keep people entertained and keep cost low.

Cesar R M

Given its already had cuts and will be smaller than originally envisaged (and has space for) it certainly isn't sacrosanct.

It does indeed deserve to be the best. It deserves its own building.

And certainly as an addition, not a replacement.
Yo marni, after starwars opens and toy story land opens (along with the mickey ride). The netgain for attractions for DHS will be again 0 right?

I wonder if Disney's mission is actually change ALL old cost expensive and "outdated" attractions with "modern take and spit fast" attractions and shove them out into shopping centers.

raymusiccity

5 minutes is way too short imho.
I still wonder why theres tons of new attractions that barely go above 5 minutes for 2 hours waits.. x_x

Seems like an odd barometer for measuring the quality of a ride. I would guess the majority of rides or attractions in most parks run 5 minutes or less. :)

Phil12

My excitement about the future projects at DHS continues on its downward spiral. What a debacle this entire "revision" is turning out to be.
Have faith. Just remember that some people were upset about the revitalization of the Norway pavilion into Frozen Ever After. And that turned out to be a vast improvement.

mickey v-neck

There's still a chance these could happen, and it would be a great short-term fix for having so much of the park closed and walled off.

But the amount of opportunity squandered on this park's makeover is staggering to think about. That they even chose TSPL (never mind the construction timeline) over anything else, says everything you need to know.

No. What's staggering is that you've got yourself butt hurt over judging something that has hardly broken ground.

Magenta Panther

Yeah, and isn't that a bummer. From everything I've read about it, TSPL sounds like it's shaping up to be a Pixar-ish version of Chester and Hester. Which sucks.

Siren

It's totally and bitterly disappointing. GMR is like 22 minutes long -- that is the length of at least 3, if not 4 decent rides. If the new Mickey ride is only 6 minutes, GMR will be replaced with barely 1/3 of what was there.

And, this is totally different from Frozen because the Frozen ride actually added more track and features which made the ride longer. Plus, Disney expanded the entire Norway pavilion.

Frozen Ever After = a net gain
The New & Improved Mickey Ride = a quadruple loss

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom