Disney Magazine Ceases Publication

tigsmom

dxer07002 said:
Ok, I found the link to subscribe to Disney magazine on the website. However, when you click it, all it does is take you to an advertisement for the Spring 2005 issue. Nothing there lets you subscribe. Disney is running an online magazine called Disney Insider. Dave Smith has the same kind of Q&A article in Insider. Maybe this Disney Insider is replacing Disney Magazine. Seems like Disney is taking everything online.

The Disney Insider online newsletter has been around for awhile and just recently got a makeover. maybe they will expand it to encompass more, who knows. :wave:

Captain Chaos

Take this with a grain of salt...

I just spoke to a customer service rep and she told me there are no plans on ceasing publication of Disney Magazine any time soon. She said it was a rumor. Don't know whether she is pulling my leg or being serious.

netenyahoo

I would at least expect them to do more issue about the 50th to help with marketing. I will miss the magazine if it has been cancelled. I knew most the news already, but I liked the articles and the Ask Dave section. My daughter really liked it too as she doesn't go online like I do.

swimmom

I thought that the next issue would be mostly about the 50th Anniversary. I guess we will just have to wait and see what really happens.

RedBaron

thimblekisses said:
Man!!! I just subscribed. The Spring issue was the first issue I received, and I already had that one! I bought it because I didn't think my subscription would go through in time. I subscribed for the next two years on an AP discount. GRRR!

Just in case, and not to doubt you but I'm holding on to hope, what is your source for this info??
Me too, I had just subscribed. I got the magazine years ago and finally found a place to subscribe again on the net. I have not got the spring magazine or anything in the mail as of yet?? Figures..........

MaxGoof7

Well I thought that Disney Magazine will continue to release its issues. Where did you get that Diseny Magazine Cease Publication stuff? I really like Disney Magazine. It's the #1 Magazine for Disney.

MKCP 1985

I have subscribed to the Disney Magazine off and on for more than ten years. Timely delivery of issues was never reliable. I probably received less than half of the issues I paid for. After calling a couple of times, I gave up on them. It is too bad that such a potentially awesome periodical can't get it together on a consistent basis.

Swfewrmco

dxer07002 said:
Take this with a grain of salt...

I just spoke to a customer service rep and she told me there are no plans on ceasing publication of Disney Magazine any time soon. She said it was a rumor. Don't know whether she is pulling my leg or being serious.

The customer service person answers the phones for probably 20 different magazines, and they were just reading you the company line.

I have it from an writer for the magazine that it is ending.

SewIn2Disney

Nooooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is by far the worst news I've heard in a very long time. I've been subscribing to it since day 1, (When I was but a wee Middle School aged Disney freak) and I have every issue in order, stored in a binder, in a case. Those things are well preserved, I read them whenever I need a quick fix (and can't get online)

I've even emailed them to say what a wonderful publication it was, and to suggest it comes out monthly (Every four months kills me!)

Ask Dave was the best part! But so were the stories written in from readers, the interviews with CM's, recipies, and the up close picture thing they added in the last year or so.

I'm officialy depressed.

disneyfamily

General Grizz said:
Yep... Jim Hill story proved interesting.

And sad.

Grizz,

If anyone knows this answer it must be you. I have been to Jim Hill's site and have enjoyed it for he most part for what it is. My question to you sir is, what is Jim Hill's connection to Disney? Is he a former employee ?

P.S.

Your avatar rules! Got one for the castle?

General Grizz

disneyfamily said:
Grizz,

If anyone knows this answer it must be you. I have been to Jim Hill's site and have enjoyed it for he most part for what it is. My question to you sir is, what is Jim Hill's connection to Disney? Is he a former employee ?

P.S.

Your avatar rules! Got one for the castle?
I am not an expert on Mr. Hill by any means, but I do know that he has lots of ties and friends within the Disney Company who provide him with all kinds of stories and information. I do believe he worked for Disney many years ago. . .

As for the avatar... give me some time for Cindy's. . . :D

DanStat

I've hardly ever heard of production just "ceasing." If the mag were suffering from money woes, or lack of distribution, it would be a different story. A magazine is an extremely effection medium for publicity. The cost alone to produce an issue should be enough motivation to continue with production. I'm assuming they've spent lots of time on the 50th Celebration issue -- why toss it?

If this is one of Iger's decisions, I already can't stand him. Everyone said Eisner was so bad, but I can't help but applaud some of the things he did for the Company. While theme park attractions play an important part in the Walt Disney Company's existance, you won't have anyone riding those attractions (new consumer base), if you can't effectivley stimulate a new generation of consumers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom