Disney Diet Buddies...

popsicletrees

I leave for my trip today! I'm so very excited! I weighed myself two days ago, and I was down nearly another pound. This means that I've consistently lost weight each time that I've weighed myself since February. It has been slow and steady, but didn't that motto win the race? It has been a hectic last few days. My husband graduates tomorrow, so we've been entertaining his family for a few days. Unfortunately, that means my workout schedule has suffered. I workout at home, and I literally have no place to work out now. I'm taking my pedometer with me, and I plan on walking at least 10 miles per day with minimal snacking. Really I just don't want to gain any weight while I am down there.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Has everyone gone on vacation and not come back!?

I just started my second phase of insanity. Its a challenge but overall its going really well. I went jean shopping last week and came home with a pair of jeans two sizes smaller than I had previously been wearing.

How's everyone doing? :wave:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Keeping on here. :wave:

I've got my first-ever 5K after work today, even though I haven't finished the C25K program. I'm only in Week 5. I'll just do the best I can.

Funny you should mention shopping, I've bought some smaller sizes, too, after losing weight. But when I try to get rid of some older (bigger) items, I find myself thinking, "but what if I put on a few pounds, I might need this again...". Self-defeating, or just paranoid? :shrug: :lol: I find that I mostly do this with work wear and dresses (both everyday work dresses and fancy dress). I'm trying to make myself at least pack them away so my closets aren't bursting. Maybe I'm just a hoarder...:p

sweetpee_1993

I'm back! Just busy! LOL!

I was gone 7 days and put back 7 lbs. I did get up & run on 1 day but my stomach went totally bonkers as I was walking back to my stateroom. Tied itself completely in knots. We ended up cancelling a beer tasting and a specialty dinner because of my stomach. Even with that, I managed to gain those 7 lbs. back. LOL! Not the end of the world. I'll get it back off. If ever there's a reason to have packed on some pounds, a Disney cruise is the best reason for it to happen. :slurp: It was so funny....the last night of the cruise as I was polishing off my 4th piece of bread with butter I had this thought plain as day: "Live it up, Thunder Thighs...there's no bread for you at home tomorrow..." :lol:

I have photographic evidence, too. I'm glad I have a good sense of humor about this. I have pics in my swimsuit on day 2 of the trip at Typhoon Lagoon. Not terrible at all. Then I have pics of me in the same swimsuit on the last day of the trip. When I first saw the 2nd set my first thought was, "Holy crap! I look like I'm pregnant!!!!" ROFLOL!!!!!

plaz10

If ever there's a reason to have packed on some pounds, a Disney cruise is the best reason for it to happen. :slurp: It was so funny....the last night of the cruise as I was polishing off my 4th piece of bread with butter I had this thought plain as day: "Live it up, Thunder Thighs...there's no bread for you at home tomorrow..." :lol:

Vacations are the reason I diet in the first place - so I can eat whatever I want for those few days. Because I want to be skinny and happy, not skinny and miserable as I watch everyone with their mickey premium bars and I say "no thanks I'll just finish my ice water as dessert." Yuck. No thank you.

I'm going to the beach in a month and I have just been steadily watching what I eat and exercising more. But once I'm at the beach - no holds barred. Donuts, pizza, pasta - I'M COMING FOR YOU! :lol:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
It was so funny....the last night of the cruise as I was polishing off my 4th piece of bread with butter I had this thought plain as day: "Live it up, Thunder Thighs...there's no bread for you at home tomorrow..." :lol:

That is funny! What the heck, you might as well enjoy it, otherwise why go?

Vacations are the reason I diet in the first place - so I can eat whatever I want for those few days. Because I want to be skinny and happy, not skinny and miserable as I watch everyone with their mickey premium bars and I say "no thanks I'll just finish my ice water as dessert." Yuck. No thank you.

So very true!

Although I am planning some early a.m. runs around OKW next week. :lookaroun
And I do take a few "no equipment" exercise DVDs with me and do 30 minutes while I'm away (thank you DVC for rooms with DVD players!), just so I don't get off track. If I was to stop exercising when I'm on vacation, it would take me a month to get back on it :eek:

plaz10

Although I am planning some early a.m. runs around OKW next week. :lookaroun
And I do take a few "no equipment" exercise DVDs with me and do 30 minutes while I'm away (thank you DVC for rooms with DVD players!), just so I don't get off track. If I was to stop exercising when I'm on vacation, it would take me a month to get back on it :eek:

I'm not planning any exercise when I go to Disney in Sept...but the girls cruise NEXT Sept...it will be about a month before my wedding. So I think I'm gonna have to do SOME exercise of some sort while on board. Because I sure as heck am not passing up on all that yummy cruise food! :lol:

echovictor

Hi :wave:. Been MIA for a while. I’ve been reading but haven’t had time to post. I’m so proud of everyone and their progress, and jealous of the vacations!

Things have been absolutely nuts for me. Somehow I’ve managed to continue a slow weight loss (down to 151.4) despite a month of cake. I’ve had 3 birthday parties, 2 weddings, 2 graduations, first communion parties, sports banquets, spring concerts, etc. ALL with cake! And of course, I can’t walk past it so I am amazed to still be losing weight.

I think the biggest change for me has been my decreased appetite. I have cut my consumption tremendously. I’m just not that hungry anymore and that feels great. I’m also finally to the point where eating super rich foods (like cake) actually makes me feel sick.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to keep up with my exercising. I still try to get in a yoga class at least one day a week but that has been hard. And our walking group at work has ceased. I came back from spring break and they laid-off 1/3 of the staff - several of them in our walking group. Once the dust settles from that I hope that those of us that have remained will pick back up.

Overall though, I’m happy with my progress given the stress and temptation of the last couple of months. New mission: to survive 2 more graduation parties and my son’s 2nd birthday! Yum Cake!!

echovictor

Sweetpee - I started reading your TR (love it by the way) and had to come on this thread to tell you how fabulous you look in your bikini!

Love the quote: "After spending a few hours in a WDW water park and seeing a lot of my fellow guests in much worse shape than me wearing far less I think I was simply feeling really good about myself...or my ability to dress what I have left to show appropriately. " :lol:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm not planning any exercise when I go to Disney in Sept...but the girls cruise NEXT Sept...it will be about a month before my wedding. So I think I'm gonna have to do SOME exercise of some sort while on board. Because I sure as heck am not passing up on all that yummy cruise food! :lol:

We'll chow down each night, and then maybe we can get Kelly to lead morning runs around the deck...:lookaroun :lol:

>>off to Trip Reports forum to check out Kelly's report<<

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Hi :wave:. Been MIA for a while. I’ve been reading but haven’t had time to post. I’m so proud of everyone and their progress, and jealous of the vacations!

Things have been absolutely nuts for me. Somehow I’ve managed to continue a slow weight loss (down to 151.4) despite a month of cake. I’ve had 3 birthday parties, 2 weddings, 2 graduations, first communion parties, sports banquets, spring concerts, etc. ALL with cake! And of course, I can’t walk past it so I am amazed to still be losing weight.

I think the biggest change for me has been my decreased appetite. I have cut my consumption tremendously. I’m just not that hungry anymore and that feels great. I’m also finally to the point where eating super rich foods (like cake) actually makes me feel sick.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to keep up with my exercising. I still try to get in a yoga class at least one day a week but that has been hard. And our walking group at work has ceased. I came back from spring break and they laid-off 1/3 of the staff - several of them in our walking group. Once the dust settles from that I hope that those of us that have remained will pick back up.

Overall though, I’m happy with my progress given the stress and temptation of the last couple of months. New mission: to survive 2 more graduation parties and my son’s 2nd birthday! Yum Cake!!

Hey, that's great that you've been able to continue losing weight throughout all that celebrating!!:wave:

enchanted_belle

We're coming up to summer (and I've been sadly MIA again!)... is everyone prepared for the onslaught of BBQs and summer drinks that are harmful to diets? LOL.

sweetpee_1993

We're coming up to summer (and I've been sadly MIA again!)... is everyone prepared for the onslaught of BBQs and summer drinks that are harmful to diets? LOL.

I weighed in. Still up by 6 lbs since we went on our cruise. Then I proceeded to have 2 sangrias with dinner. :hammer:

I do want to step up with my new goal. 12/2 Mariner of the Seas cruise: 160 lbs. I'm 13 lbs away. Will need to survive Thanksgiving just before. :cool:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Just returned from WDW. Got out running each morning 3 days straight, and ate whatever I wanted, including 3 courses at Chefs de France...will weigh in a.m.--curious to see how i did. ;)

Edit: Good Lord, I'm up five pounds!! :eek: That's 25% of my weight loss back on--hello, tuna salad...goodbye, second glass of wine with dinner (I should say goodbye to any wine with dinner except on weekends, but sometimes the thought of that glass of wine is the only thing that gets me through til 5 o'clock!!)

Ariel484

We'll chow down each night, and then maybe we can get Kelly to lead morning runs around the deck...

>>off to Trip Reports forum to check out Kelly's report<<

Don't forget about running the Castaway Cay 5k! :sohappy:

I weighed in. Still up by 6 lbs since we went on our cruise. Then I proceeded to have 2 sangrias with dinner.

I do want to step up with my new goal. 12/2 Mariner of the Seas cruise: 160 lbs. I'm 13 lbs away. Will need to survive Thanksgiving just before.

You can do it! You're right, Thanksgiving might be rough. A December cruise sounds mighty nice. :cool:

Just returned from WDW. Got out running each morning 3 days straight, and ate whatever I wanted, including 3 courses at Chefs de France...will weigh in a.m.--curious to see how i did.

Edit: Good Lord, I'm up five pounds!! That's 25% of my weight loss back on--hello, tuna salad...goodbye, second glass of wine with dinner (I should say goodbye to any wine with dinner except on weekends, but sometimes the thought of that glass of wine is the only thing that gets me through til 5 o'clock!!)

Ouch, sorry about the weigh-in. I'm sure once you're settled back into your normal routine it'll come off. Personally I think going from 2 glasses of wine to 1 glass is moderation enough, so well done! :D Great job running at WDW, where did you run?

------

Okay, so I've been super busy at work (like, too busy :() and fell off the wagon a bit. I didn't skip any exercise - I was really motivated to train for a race, more on that below - and I didn't eat TONS of crap, but I did stop tracking my daily food intake and probably didn't make super great choices, which was bad. Our at-work WW meetings need 15 members to begin a new session, and we had trouble getting to that amount this time, so our last meeting before today was May 10. I weighed myself a bit between then and today, and I know I gained some weight, just not sure how much...I consider the WW scale to be my "official" weight and none of the other ones ever match it (the ones at my house and the gym always have me as a pound or two less). Luckily I got back on track in time for our first meeting of the new session this morning, and I was down 0.8 pounds compared to May 10. Wahoo!

I feel good with where I'm at now and have been struggling to find motivation to work hard to continue to lose weight, but I feel like if I stopped here I'd be selling myself short. :shrug: Hopefully this new session will be a good way to wake myself back up and get it done!

Also, I ran a half marathon on May 21. I ran the same race last year (before losing weight) in cool and drizzly weather. This year, despite temperatures in the low-mid 80s, I ran the same race 16 minutes faster. :sohappy: I know it's partially due to some days of dedicated speedwork for the past few weeks, but it has to mostly be because I lost weight. So yay! :cool:

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Don't forget about running the Castaway Cay 5k! :sohappy:

Ouch, sorry about the weigh-in. I'm sure once you're settled back into your normal routine it'll come off. Personally I think going from 2 glasses of wine to 1 glass is moderation enough, so well done! Great job running at WDW, where did you run?

I'll be ready for it! I'm planning on doing the Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run at the end of September, too. Having run around Old Key West in the 7am hour last week, I have to applaud anyone who runs down South--prior to that, I thought that my Northeastern cold misty rain was miserable for running, but humidity is way worse!

I also realized that I can't blame all the weight gain on WDW Dining--one of those pounds came back with me from Paris in March, and I came to realize after editing that post that another one is likely hormonal. :lol: :eek:

------

Okay, so I've been super busy at work (like, too busy :() and fell off the wagon a bit. I didn't skip any exercise - I was really motivated to train for a race, more on that below - and I didn't eat TONS of crap, but I did stop tracking my daily food intake and probably didn't make super great choices, which was bad. Our at-work WW meetings need 15 members to begin a new session, and we had trouble getting to that amount this time, so our last meeting before today was May 10. I weighed myself a bit between then and today, and I know I gained some weight, just not sure how much...I consider the WW scale to be my "official" weight and none of the other ones ever match it (the ones at my house and the gym always have me as a pound or two less). Luckily I got back on track in time for our first meeting of the new session this morning, and I was down 0.8 pounds compared to May 10. Wahoo!

I feel good with where I'm at now and have been struggling to find motivation to work hard to continue to lose weight, but I feel like if I stopped here I'd be selling myself short. :shrug: Hopefully this new session will be a good way to wake myself back up and get it done!

Also, I ran a half marathon on May 21. I ran the same race last year (before losing weight) in cool and drizzly weather. This year, despite temperatures in the low-mid 80s, I ran the same race 16 minutes faster. :sohappy: I know it's partially due to some days of dedicated speedwork for the past few weeks, but it has to mostly be because I lost weight. So yay! :cool:

Have a great weekend everyone! :wave:

Congrats on the race results! That's great.

I'm the same way with tracking food intake. When I stop doing it, I get sloppy.

I'm tempted to suggest that if you feel good about where you are, maybe that's where you should be, but since you feel that you'd be selling yourself short, well, I guess you've gotta go for it!

I'm having a very similar struggle--even with the 5lb gain, I'm still at my original "goal weight". When I started out (over a year ago now) I was at 133, and my intention was just to get down to 125. I was at 123 for a long while, which I was quite happy with (the digital scale would read 123.4, and that amused me!). Don't know what happened, I was still just sticking with my same diet and exercise, and more pounds started falling off--120, 117, 115, down to 113. I was too skinny at 113, and got back up to 115, where I've been very content for months, and edited my LoseIt goal to maintain my weight at 120. So 120 is NOT BAD. But I feel like I was much "fitter" at 115, so like you, I kind of feel like I'd be selling myself short if I don't try to get back there. The weird thing is, the weight gain really started when I took up running! :shrug:

I'm glad you got to start your new WW program with a Wahoo!! :wave:

WildcatDen

25th HS reunion this November. . . June 1 seems like a good time to start again. Looking at a Modified Weight Watchers. . . What is a modified weight watchers you ask. Well, it is weight watchers as I remember is prior to points plus. As Dave from Storage Wars would say. . . YUP!

Ariel484

Congrats on the race results! That's great.

I'm the same way with tracking food intake. When I stop doing it, I get sloppy.

I'm tempted to suggest that if you feel good about where you are, maybe that's where you should be, but since you feel that you'd be selling yourself short, well, I guess you've gotta go for it!

I'm having a very similar struggle--even with the 5lb gain, I'm still at my original "goal weight". When I started out (over a year ago now) I was at 133, and my intention was just to get down to 125. I was at 123 for a long while, which I was quite happy with (the digital scale would read 123.4, and that amused me!). Don't know what happened, I was still just sticking with my same diet and exercise, and more pounds started falling off--120, 117, 115, down to 113. I was too skinny at 113, and got back up to 115, where I've been very content for months, and edited my LoseIt goal to maintain my weight at 120. So 120 is NOT BAD. But I feel like I was much "fitter" at 115, so like you, I kind of feel like I'd be selling myself short if I don't try to get back there. The weird thing is, the weight gain really started when I took up running! :shrug:

I'm glad you got to start your new WW program with a Wahoo!! :wave:

Thanks! I think I am going to maybe wait a month or so - see how I do now that I feel like I am back on track - and then revisit trying to pick a goal weight. I am hoping that a lot of my lack of motivation had to do with how busy I got. We'll see. :shrug:

Weight gain while running...this is pretty common, I think because you're burning more calories - so you are hungrier - and a lot of people (i.e. ME :wave:) get the attitude of "I just ran XX miles, now I get to eat all day!" I think this is part of the reason why I just had a small gain, because I was right in the middle of half marathon training and was hungrier. Have you been experiencing this?

25th HS reunion this November. . . June 1 seems like a good time to start again. Looking at a Modified Weight Watchers. . . What is a modified weight watchers you ask. Well, it is weight watchers as I remember is prior to points plus. As Dave from Storage Wars would say. . . YUP!

Good luck! :sohappy: You have plenty of time to get to your goal!

diddy_mouse

Ran/Walked my first 5K today. :D The pace was not too great, I want to say I was about 14:00 or so which resulted in a 42min finish. But it was my first event EVER and I didn't train as hard in the past couple of weeks. I was glad I did it regardless and my attitude now is to train (really train) for another one. :)

My weight has stayed right about the same these past few weeks, which I guess isn't a bad thing. :shrug: I've kinda leveled off at 155 and I think my BMI is somewhere in the 22 range. I've been really busy these past two weeks with adding night classes to my schedule but I've been more conscious of what I'm eating. I had a bad couple of says where I was eating those d@mn Doritos tacos from Taco Bell. Those things are EVIL! Luckily I've pulled myself back on track.

Glad to see this thread going again!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Ran/Walked my first 5K today. :D The pace was not too great, I want to say I was about 14:00 or so which resulted in a 42min finish. But it was my first event EVER and I didn't train as hard in the past couple of weeks. I was glad I did it regardless and my attitude now is to train (really train) for another one. :)

My weight has stayed right about the same these past few weeks, which I guess isn't a bad thing. :shrug: I've kinda leveled off at 155 and I think my BMI is somewhere in the 22 range. I've been really busy these past two weeks with adding night classes to my schedule but I've been more conscious of what I'm eating. I had a bad couple of says where I was eating those d@mn Doritos tacos from Taco Bell. Those things are EVIL! Luckily I've pulled myself back on track.

Glad to see this thread going again!

Congrats on your fist 5K! :so happy: keep it up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom