Disney Diet Buddies...

enchanted_belle

Treadmill's incline for 5 minutes today: 12.0. :brick:

And 85 pushups (the girl variety, but still....)

I think my friend's trying to kill me (and this isn't even the surface of today's gym workout we did!)

diddy_mouse

Finally got back to exercising. Was sidelined by some mild food poisoning on Thursday (which is one of my workout days) and I didn't want to push myself until I felt back to normal. Luckily that day was today :)

I only have four more workouts left on this program (yay!) but I'm not stopping there, I plan on doing the other 9 week program that my EA Active has to offer. Also this go around I think I'm finally going to head back to the treadmill. I'm curious to see how I do, seeing how my cardio has vastly improved since last year, not to mention my muscle tone (booya!)

Here's to a successful March!

annawilliams

Mind if I join you all on this? :) I'm just starting my disney diet. I've never really struggled weight wise, as I was always a dancer; however, as I recently got married and had to go on some certain... baby preventing medicines (ha!) I've definitely been having a hard time maintaining. :( I started working out again last night, and am trying to switch to a healthy diet. I did ab ripper x last night. Oy! That was hard!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Treadmill's incline for 5 minutes today: 12.0. :brick:

I think my friend's trying to kill me (and this isn't even the surface of today's gym workout we did!)

Holy moley! That's serioius boot camp-like exercising! :king: Oh, and Zumba sounds like so much fun, I wish I was coordinated enough to do it.

Finally got back to exercising. Was sidelined by some mild food poisoning on Thursday (which is one of my workout days) and I didn't want to push myself until I felt back to normal. Luckily that day was today :)

I only have four more workouts left on this program (yay!) but I'm not stopping there, I plan on doing the other 9 week program that my EA Active has to offer. Also this go around I think I'm finally going to head back to the treadmill. I'm curious to see how I do, seeing how my cardio has vastly improved since last year, not to mention my muscle tone (booya!)

Me, too (finally got back to exercising). :lol: I was coasting on my achievement for a little while, but don't want to backslide. I was so sore yesterday (but it was great!!)

Let's be vain for a minute--isn't muscle tone the best reward for working out?? Health benefits are great, don't get me wrong, but seeing some definition is the most motivating thing to me. :ROFLOL:

Spring is around the corner, that should make it a lot easier to get in our exercise--no more getting up or going home in the dark! :sohappy:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Mind if I join you all on this? :) I'm just starting my disney diet. I've never really struggled weight wise, as I was always a dancer; however, as I recently got married and had to go on some certain... baby preventing medicines (ha!) I've definitely been having a hard time maintaining. :( I started working out again last night, and am trying to switch to a healthy diet. I did ab ripper x last night. Oy! That was hard!

Welcome, Anna, to WDWMagic and to Disney Diet Buddies!!

I recall those newlywed days, and I also remember that different "medicines" ;) have different effects, even though they all have the same primary function. If your current prescription is causing you to gain weight, see if your doc will let you try a different one. I was having the same issue as you with weight gain, although that's not why I switched meds, I had some other complaint, and my doc changed the brand, and lo and behold, it seemed I could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound. I swear those things kept me slim for a decade or more. Too bad I can't remember the names of them, or I would pass it along to you. I followed instructions and stopped taking them when I hit my late 30s, so I've been off them for about ten years (and you can see the evidence of what happened as a result in the "before" part of my before and after post!!)

enchanted_belle

The more the merrier!! :D

Holy moley! That's serioius boot camp-like exercising! :king: Oh, and Zumba sounds like so much fun, I wish I was coordinated enough to do it.

I think I finally stopped hurting for the most part from it... all my muscles were SCREAMING at me yesterday, but they say no pain, no gain... right? :lol:

Welcome, Anna, to WDWMagic and to Disney Diet Buddies!!

I recall those newlywed days, and I also remember that different "medicines" ;) have different effects, even though they all have the same primary function. If your current prescription is causing you to gain weight, see if your doc will let you try a different one. I was having the same issue as you with weight gain, although that's not why I switched meds, I had some other complaint, and my doc changed the brand, and lo and behold, it seemed I could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound. I swear those things kept me slim for a decade or more. Too bad I can't remember the names of them, or I would pass it along to you. I followed instructions and stopped taking them when I hit my late 30s, so I've been off them for about ten years (and you can see the evidence of what happened as a result in the "before" part of my before and after post!!)

Ugh, I hate the weight gain some of those "medicines" give, I finally had to tell the doc that I was trying to lose weight not gain it.

Speaking of before and after posts... or, before and current in my case:

picnik-collage2.jpg

Ariel484

Treadmill's incline for 5 minutes today: 12.0.

Geez...you're crazy/bad@$$! :lol:

Finally got back to exercising. Was sidelined by some mild food poisoning on Thursday (which is one of my workout days) and I didn't want to push myself until I felt back to normal. Luckily that day was today

Erin, you poor thing! I am glad you're fully recovered from the food poisoning. Good luck on the treadmill...booyah indeed! :sohappy:

Welcome! :sohappy: My struggle with being married is that my husband has CRAZY metabolism and can just eat and eat without gaining a pound. Boys!

Me, too (finally got back to exercising). :lol: I was coasting on my achievement for a little while, but don't want to backslide. I was so sore yesterday (but it was great!!)

Let's be vain for a minute--isn't muscle tone the best reward for working out?? Health benefits are great, don't get me wrong, but seeing some definition is the most motivating thing to me. :ROFLOL:

Spring is around the corner, that should make it a lot easier to get in our exercise--no more getting up or going home in the dark! :sohappy:

I think it's easy to "coast" as you say. Way to get back into it!

Speaking of before and after posts... or, before and current in my case:

picnik-collage2.jpg

Wow! You look great! :sohappy: I can totally tell a difference! Keep it up!

Ariel484

Hello everyone! I don't really have a lot to report, just the usual running/strength training thing. Just a couple of thoughts...

1. Lately I've found that running is feeling much better and is more enjoyable, and I think that's entirely due to having lost some weight. I wish I'd done this a long time ago!

2. I have been working on drinking a lot of water each day. I have a 32-ounce Nalgene bottle that I keep at my desk and I try to drink 2 per day, and I feel SO much better. I think it's helping my skin too. :shrug:

Hope everyone is having a great week!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Congrats on starting P90X! How are you finding it so far?

diddy_mouse

Couldn't agree more! I actually have been taking measurements to get an idea of my progress. It's gradual, nothing crazy. But I'm looking more at inches rather than pounds. I've always said that if I weigh a higher number but it's more muscle mass than fat, I'm happy. :D

Hello everyone! I don't really have a lot to report, just the usual running/strength training thing. Just a couple of thoughts...

1. Lately I've found that running is feeling much better and is more enjoyable, and I think that's entirely due to having lost some weight. I wish I'd done this a long time ago!

2. I have been working on drinking a lot of water each day. I have a 32-ounce Nalgene bottle that I keep at my desk and I try to drink 2 per day, and I feel SO much better. I think it's helping my skin too. :shrug:

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I too have found that increasing my water intake has helped my overall health. I can hear every health article I've read saying "I told you so!" I have one of the Brita water bottles with the filter. Best. purchase. ever. I keep it within arms length and find myself refilling it at least 2-3 times a day.

Ariel484

I too have found that increasing my water intake has helped my overall health. I can hear every health article I've read saying "I told you so!" I have one of the Brita water bottles with the filter. Best. purchase. ever. I keep it within arms length and find myself refilling it at least 2-3 times a day.

Me too :lol:

The kitchen in my office is at the other end of our floor, so I fill a Brita pitcher and bring that to my desk before putting it in the Nalgene. I've definitely convinced myself that the water tastes SOOO much better filtered. :lol: :rolleyes:

LuLaSue

I just came back from obtaining my Yoga Certification. I lived in an Ashram called Yogaville in Virginia for 4 weeks while I studied. The menu was vegetarian/vegan. Although I have been vegetarian for some time, there were no sweets and anything outside your 3 meals, except on special occasion.

I managed to lose about 4 pounds. I have been home 3 weeks and have kept it off, I am very pleased.

I wish I had someone to prepare 3 vegetarin meals a day for me. Ahh...One can dream...lol

Ariel484

I just came back from obtaining my Yoga Certification. I lived in an Ashram called Yogaville in Virginia for 4 weeks while I studied. The menu was vegetarian/vegan. Although I have been vegetarian for some time, there were no sweets and anything outside your 3 meals, except on special occasion.

I managed to lose about 4 pounds. I have been home 3 weeks and have kept it off, I am very pleased.

I wish I had someone to prepare 3 vegetarin meals a day for me. Ahh...One can dream...lol

Congrats on your certification! Sounds like a nice 4 weeks...and I too would LOVE to have a personal chef cook my meals for me :D

Ariel484

This morning was my weekly weigh-in...I was down 1.8 pounds! :sohappy: At first the guy calculated it wrong and had the loss at 0.8, but I set him straight! :lol:

In WW they have you set goals to lose 5%, 10%, etc., and today I met my 10% goal. They gave me a keychain that I guess will hold charms they'll give me when I reach other milestones (losing 25 pounds, reaching goal weight, etc.). I know it's ridiculous, but I do like getting the little stickers and charms they give out :D To be honest I'm more excited to be 2.8 pounds away from a "number family" (if that makes any sense) that I haven't seen in a LONG time. I need to think of a nice way to treat myself when I get there.

Other than that, just the usual - running and strength training, though I'm looking to change up the strength training a bit.

Here's the the next 5%! :D Have a great weekend everyone!

LuLaSue

This morning was my weekly weigh-in...I was down 1.8 pounds! :sohappy: At first the guy calculated it wrong and had the loss at 0.8, but I set him straight! :lol:

In WW they have you set goals to lose 5%, 10%, etc., and today I met my 10% goal. They gave me a keychain that I guess will hold charms they'll give me when I reach other milestones (losing 25 pounds, reaching goal weight, etc.). I know it's ridiculous, but I do like getting the little stickers and charms they give out :D To be honest I'm more excited to be 2.8 pounds away from a "number family" (if that makes any sense) that I haven't seen in a LONG time. I need to think of a nice way to treat myself when I get there.

Other than that, just the usual - running and strength training, though I'm looking to change up the strength training a bit.

Here's the the next 5%! :D Have a great weekend everyone!

Great Job! Hope you have a great weekend!!

sweetpee_1993

Let's be vain for a minute--isn't muscle tone the best reward for working out?? Health benefits are great, don't get me wrong, but seeing some definition is the most motivating thing to me.

Absolutely. I agree. Good to be healthy but better to feel like you look like your best you, too!

Oh yes! I was 19 when I got married. I was a workout nut before I got married. I was small, curvy, and nothing but muscle. Then....I got married. I started puting on a little weight. I remember my then-pregnant sis-in-law laughing and telling me it was my "happy fat" to which I replied, "I don't care what kind of fat it is, I don't want it." Never could do the BCPs before I had my sons, not that getting PG with the 1st was easy or anything. They gave me tremendous headaches. After my 2nd son my doctor gave me Lo-Ovral which worked fine for me. I wouldn't say I gained weight with it but I stayed at almost 200 lbs. for 3 years. ((I gained 75 lbs. with that pregnancy..:eek:)) I only was on the pill for a couple years until a few months after I took the hubby down to have him neutered. Seems like around that time I started working out and dropped 30 or so lbs. I guess I never correlated those things.

Welcome! My struggle with being married is that my husband has CRAZY metabolism and can just eat and eat without gaining a pound. Boys!

OMG! I can relate! Tracey was all of 120 lbs. @ 6'2" and wore a size 28 waist when we got married. Of course, he was only 21. LOL! For years it's bugged me to death how he doesn't balloon as easy as me. He's put on some lbs. in the past 5 or so years but I don't think he looks terrible. What used to kill me is that I had to work to be able to run any distance at all and he could spontaneously throw his sneakers on and prance circles around me all day long with no work required. Ugh! Made me so mad! Then he'd stop drinking soda for a week and instantly drop 5 lbs. I don't even drink soda!!! One cup of coffee in the morning, 1 cup of skim milk during the day, and the rest is water. That's it. And I fight to keep from gaining. :mad: I will say, tho, that age has been the great equalizer. :lol: I laugh but it's true and Tracey will be the first person to tell you so. He can't outrun me anymore and it's not like I really put the work in like I should. He has more trouble with cramping, his feet & legs, etc. His weight is a bit harder for him to fight, too. I'm sure being put on blood pressure meds correlates. It was around that time that things got tougher on him. Still, yay for not being as old as he is and still being in pretty good shape! :sohappy: No, I'm not competitive at all..... :cool:

Congrats! Gosh I wish I could get the yoga stuff down. It's brutal!

Congrats on your certification! Sounds like a nice 4 weeks...and I too would LOVE to have a personal chef cook my meals for me

Um, yeah! I remember after having my 2nd baby being upset at how heavy I still was and people like Madonna could spit out babies and come out a month after delivery better than before. Tracey said, "Well, yeah! Like it's hard when you have a staff of people cooking healthy for you and working you out daily." So true! If only, right???

So, okay, still not losing much of anything but I'll be honest and say the effort hasn't been on the running and working. Still doing very good with the eating which is an accomplishment of sorts for me. We ended up going to Saltgrass in Kemah for Chandler's 16th birthday steak-n-lobster feast vs. Shula's in Houston. ((Couldn't get a table for 7. :fork:)) I'm proud! I didn't touch the bread or butter, ordered a steak-topped dinner salad, and only ate 1 slice of tiramisu. ((You know your kid is old when he opts for a specialty Italian dessert vs. a traditional birthday cake.)) So no cake pig-outs for me!!! :sohappy:

I know I need to get motivated on the exercise. It's almost like I dread doing any of that part. Always reasons I can't. I'm a creature of habit. My relaxed mornings, sleeping until at least 7 but often 8 or 9, etc. has been a helluva habit to try to break. If I'm going to make time to start my day with a run or a workout I've GOT to do it earlier or it's just not going to happen. **sigh** I'm pathetic.

Someone come to my house and beat me with a stick. Make me do it!!! I'll gladly give you people my cell phone number so you can call me and nag me out of bed in the mornings!!!! I'm not kidding. I could ask Tracey to do it but then I know I'd be mad at him and tell him to take a flying a leap. I'd never do that to my friiiiends. So who's up before 6 a.m. CST??? :snore:

bmarkelon

Squats, mountain climbers and burpees oh my!! Great workout today after being out for two days with the stomach bug. Feeling good now!!

diddy_mouse

Just finished my last workout of this program. Yay! Some stats from the past 9 weeks...

4,897 calories burned
49.2 miles "traveled"
126bpm average heart rate

I think all those sounds good to me. :D

enchanted_belle

Just finished my last workout of this program. Yay! Some stats from the past 9 weeks...

4,897 calories burned
49.2 miles "traveled"

:sohappy: I think you're way ahead of me, but I had a couple of good workouts in this week. I'm struggling right now though, every time I work out - especially since pollen levels are getting higher - my asthma kicks in and attempts to cut off my lungs, regardless of how much I use the inhaler. :(

sweetpee_1993

4,897 calories burned
49.2 miles "traveled"

Well, big ol' congrats to you on the big finish! :sohappy: Amazing stats there! So what's next for you???

:sohappy: I think you're way ahead of me, but I had a couple of good workouts in this week. I'm struggling right now though, every time I work out - especially since pollen levels are getting higher - my asthma kicks in and attempts to cut off my lungs, regardless of how much I use the inhaler. :(

Not sure where ya are, deary, but I certainly feel for ya. My little Brian has really bad allergies. He's been suffering something fierce the last week or so. He can't hardly go outside at all, not even to go play with his friend across the street. I think it's had him a little under the weather this week. He's been sleeping a LOT and saying he doesn't feel so well. My poor baby....even tho he's not really a baby. :D Kudos to you for hangining in there and trying to push thru. Be careful, tho. K?

I'm proud! I went out for a run this afternoon!!! Amazing! The wind was really blowing hard and I tried to focus on keeping the heartrate up for the walking intervals. Made it way more challenging which I liiiiike. Talked more with Tracey about it. Think I'll try to do 30 minute power walks on my off days. Only supposed to run every other day. That way I'm still maintaining the habit of going outside for the 30 minute window. Then, I'm sure I'll do some Quick Fix routines. Love those ab workouts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom