Disney Diet Buddies...

enchanted_belle

The only thing I had some problems with were tricep exercises and some of the lateral lifts as well. Not sure why it didn't register that I was doing them. But other than that I really like it.

You can do it! :D Look forward to seeing that new picture!
I may have to look at mine and see if it has anything with the calibration? Who knows.
And thanks! Next week gets back into the training big time... this week is finals for my block of classes, so I've been bogged down trying to write a unit of lessons (ughhhh) and haven't even been able to go for walks or anything. :cry:

Woohoo! :sohappy: Love the shirt, and when I saw the picture in the blog it did not even register why you were taking it in front of the Tower of Terror...DUH! :hammer: Very cool!
:ROFLOL: way to go Shannon! haha!

This morning was our weekly weigh-in and I'm down another 0.4 pounds. I think I just need to quit being a baby and fully commit to this plan, and I need to take better care of myself (drink more water, eat less processed food just because it's convenient, etc.) because I know I could be doing better. I'm starting a training plan for a May half marathon on Monday so hopefully the longer runs and interval runs will help me.

HOWEVER, I had a GREAT run on Tuesday! I ran negative splits - each mile faster than the previous mile - without stopping, and my last mile was super fast for me. My overall pace was almost 2 minutes faster than what it was in the fall, and I think that's almost all thanks to the weight I have lost so far. Huzzah! :sohappy:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Woohoo for a faster pace, that's so exciting! The thought of me trying to do negative splits right now means that I will finish up looking like this: :hurl: so... yeah, I have a lot of work to do. :lol:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
"Hey, there's a store! I don't care what it's theme is... we're gonna cover every inch of it looking for this shirt! annnnd GO!" :lookaroun:animwink:

I don't know if you mentioned it, but where did you actually find it in the end?

Eeyore

Premium Member
In the back of the store in BVG, they had both the shirt and the track jacket on one little stand facing the back wall. I think I actually hugged the stand when I found it. :lookaroun

:lol:
Good find! I never would have thought to look there!

flipadeeflop

I need to catch up with all the posts in this forum!!!

Since I stopped the Game On Diet, I gained all the weight back! Ugh! At least I'm still under 140.

Oh well, I did order p90x because when I started kickboxing, that's when the weight really started coming off. The only problem is I need instruction and a partner helps with that, so I failed doing it on my own. I thought p90x would be my best bet. I need something intense and I need someone to tell/show me what to do! It should come in the mail within a week or so!

For all of you who are currently doing p90x... do you all follow the diet plan as well or do you just eat healthier on your own? What, if anything, would you say to someone who's starting the videos in the next couple days?

Eeyore

Premium Member

Since I stopped the Game On Diet, I gained all the weight back! Ugh! At least I'm still under 140.

Oh well, I did order p90x because when I started kickboxing, that's when the weight really started coming off. The only problem is I need instruction and a partner helps with that, so I failed doing it on my own. I thought p90x would be my best bet. I need something intense and I need someone to tell/show me what to do! It should come in the mail within a week or so!

For all of you who are currently doing p90x... do you all follow the diet plan as well or do you just eat healthier on your own? What, if anything, would you say to someone who's starting the videos in the next couple days?

I haven't followed the nutrition plan. I just counted my calories and stuck to around a 50% carb, 30% protein, 20% fat ratio.

My advice for you would be to watch the dvds before actually doing them and follow the modifier until you get the hang of things. Its just like anything, its going to take some time to get used to it but in no time you'll have it down pat.
I found that P90X on its own FOR ME wasn't enough cardio. I needed to throw in running 3 days a week to get that extra boost in results. I'd give it about 4 weeks and if you don't see the results you want to drop in a shortish cardio workout in once or twice a week.

Good luck- Bring it!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Good work going with P90X, I think you'll really like it.

My advice would be to not get discouraged if you find it really hard going in the early stages. Hang in there, and modify things as needed.

As my wife says above, definitely watch the workouts before you do them. It will make it much easier to roughly now what you are doing when you actually do it.

Make sure you record everything on the work sheets, it is a really important steps to be able to look back at your previous workout to see what you did.

Let us know how you get on! BRING IT! (you'll be hearing that a lot!)

Ariel484

In the back of the store in BVG, they had both the shirt and the track jacket on one little stand facing the back wall. I think I actually hugged the stand when I found it. :lookaroun

Forgive me...what is BVG? :eek:

If you search "runDisney" on disneyshopping.com they have that stuff there as well.

Angie! :wave:

Good luck with P90X...my husband is interested in us trying it at some point. :eek:

Ariel484

I forgot to say that I did have a big victory this past weekend. All of my jeans/work pants are getting baggy...some pairs that used to be uncomfortably tight are starting to look too big. I have been trying to hold off buying new clothes until I feel like I am "done" losing weight, but I gave in this weekend and searched for new jeans. My previous pair was size 12, and the new pair I got is a size 8! :sohappy: I cannot remember the last time I bought single digit-sized jeans...granted I could barely fit into a size 10 in a different store, so I know it varies...but yay! :sohappy:

Eeyore

Premium Member
I forgot to say that I did have a big victory this past weekend. All of my jeans/work pants are getting baggy...some pairs that used to be uncomfortably tight are starting to look too big. I have been trying to hold off buying new clothes until I feel like I am "done" losing weight, but I gave in this weekend and searched for new jeans. My previous pair was size 12, and the new pair I got is a size 8! :sohappy: I cannot remember the last time I bought single digit-sized jeans...granted I could barely fit into a size 10 in a different store, so I know it varies...but yay! :sohappy:

That's great! Its so exciting when we reach those milestones. I'm getting so close to one of mine!

Eeyore

Premium Member

If you search "runDisney" on disneyshopping.com they have that stuff there as well.

Good luck with P90X...my husband is interested in us trying it at some point. :eek:

BVG is Buena Vista Gifts in the Contemporary concourse.

P90X is a great program. I really need a workout program to follow, especially with weight training. I lose focus, get bored and have trouble with form if I don't have an instructor helping me along. That's why I love the beach body programs. They are really well done and they've really changed my life. I went from being someone who hated to work out, to someone who managed to drag herself out of bed at 5am to kind of workout, to someone who loves to work out and actually looks forward to it (most) days.

I've done and really enjoyed:
P90X
Turbo Fire
Chalene Extreme
and currently I'm in week 3 of P90X 2

I've done bits and pieces of Brazilian Butt lift. Its a good workout but I find it very very annoying. The instructor, the models and the music all really get on my nerves. The high and tight workout though is a great butt workout so I suffer through the annoying aspects once a week. :lol:

popsicletrees

P90X is a great program in many ways. I felt that they did a really good job during the workouts showing you the moves. Plus, the book that comes with the program details each of the moves. There are plenty of times that my husband and I put on a movie and followed the book for the workout. Do keep up with your workouts on the workout sheets. A big part of this program with weight training is being able to beat your previous numbers. If you want more cardio, I would recommend the lean version.

You should try it! The program is easy to follow and is easy to cater to your abilities.

Weighed on my Wii this morning - down 2.2 lbs for the week! I'm hoping I can continue with my 1,000 calories a day. So far this week I've done well, and I hope the diligence with my diet will help me continue to see the scale go down.

flipadeeflop

I haven't followed the nutrition plan. I just counted my calories and stuck to around a 50% carb, 30% protein, 20% fat ratio.

My advice for you would be to watch the dvds before actually doing them and follow the modifier until you get the hang of things. Its just like anything, its going to take some time to get used to it but in no time you'll have it down pat.
I found that P90X on its own FOR ME wasn't enough cardio. I needed to throw in running 3 days a week to get that extra boost in results. I'd give it about 4 weeks and if you don't see the results you want to drop in a shortish cardio workout in once or twice a week.

Good luck- Bring it!

I have a pretty active job. I work at a sanctuary for farm animals, which is basically like doing farm work for 40-50 hours a week, so I'm hoping that plus p90x will be enough for me. Were you pretty fit before you started the program?

Good work going with P90X, I think you'll really like it.

My advice would be to not get discouraged if you find it really hard going in the early stages. Hang in there, and modify things as needed.

As my wife says above, definitely watch the workouts before you do them. It will make it much easier to roughly now what you are doing when you actually do it.

Make sure you record everything on the work sheets, it is a really important steps to be able to look back at your previous workout to see what you did.

Let us know how you get on! BRING IT! (you'll be hearing that a lot!)

I'm excited to record things, that seems to be what keeps me motivated with most things!

Try it and we can track our progress together!!!!

WOOOO!!!! You must be tiny!!!

P90X is a great program in many ways. I felt that they did a really good job during the workouts showing you the moves. Plus, the book that comes with the program details each of the moves. There are plenty of times that my husband and I put on a movie and followed the book for the workout. Do keep up with your workouts on the workout sheets. A big part of this program with weight training is being able to beat your previous numbers. If you want more cardio, I would recommend the lean version.

You should try it! The program is easy to follow and is easy to cater to your abilities.

Weighed on my Wii this morning - down 2.2 lbs for the week! I'm hoping I can continue with my 1,000 calories a day. So far this week I've done well, and I hope the diligence with my diet will help me continue to see the scale go down.

That's what I usually do now- watch tv while I work out. I just don't feel like what I'm doing is intense enough... I really do need that instruction. Hmmm maybe I can get my boyfriend to do it with me while we watch the Lady and the Tramp bluray I just bought!!!

enchanted_belle

BVG is Buena Vista Gifts in the Contemporary concourse.

P90X is a great program. I really need a workout program to follow, especially with weight training. I lose focus, get bored and have trouble with form if I don't have an instructor helping me along. That's why I love the beach body programs. They are really well done and they've really changed my life. I went from being someone who hated to work out, to someone who managed to drag herself out of bed at 5am to kind of workout, to someone who loves to work out and actually looks forward to it (most) days.

I've done and really enjoyed:
P90X
Turbo Fire
Chalene Extreme
and currently I'm in week 3 of P90X 2

I've done bits and pieces of Brazilian Butt lift. Its a good workout but I find it very very annoying. The instructor, the models and the music all really get on my nerves. The high and tight workout though is a great butt workout so I suffer through the annoying aspects once a week. :lol:

I got beat to it! haha. I actually saw the shirt on the website when I decided I wanted to hunt it down... It became part of the fun searching for it.

sweetpee_1993

Wow! Everyone seems to be doing so good! Yay! :sohappy:

This past Monday was my most recent weigh-in. I knew that 190 lbs. was skewed by my clunky sneakers, heavy jeans, and huge sweatshirt. This go around I wore lightweight shorts & t-shirt w/a huge sweatshirt I could peel off. I weighed in my socks w/no sweatshirt. 180 lbs. Whew!

I've been doing really good with my eating. Not getting the sweet cravings so bad anymore. Lots of lean protein, less carbs or sugars of any kind (like in fruit). Let me just say I'm sick to frickin' death of chicken. :hurl: Oh well. Whatever makes it happen. I've restarted the 'Ease into 5k' app on my iPhone. DH got me an awesome bluetooth earbuds thing from the AT&T store that has me wireless for my tunes while I run. That was sweet! Aerobics via the 'Quick Fix' series and stair-stepper on my between run days. It's just a matter of time now... :D

I'll have to look at the P90X stuff again. The chick across the street does it. I looked at some YouTube videos once and it looked waaaay too complicated for an uncoordinated person like me. I'll look again. I need a good challenge.... :cool:

Eeyore

Premium Member
I have a pretty active job. I work at a sanctuary for farm animals, which is basically like doing farm work for 40-50 hours a week, so I'm hoping that plus p90x will be enough for me. Were you pretty fit before you started the program?

I was fairly fit beforehand but pretty flabby :lol:. I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and using the elliptical before my first round of P90X. I don't remember my actual starting stats-it was about 1 1/2 years ago now. I'll have to track down my worksheets. P90X really sold me on the concept of a workout calendar and I've been hooked on Beach Body workouts ever since. :lol:

Looking back on my experience I do have another piece of advice- try to push yourself a little bit. I think I would have gotten even more out of my P90X experience if I had lifted a bit heavier. I think I underestimated how strong I was and how much stronger I could have become.

Let us know when it arrives and when you get started! :sohappy:

Eeyore

Premium Member
Wow! Everyone seems to be doing so good! Yay! :sohappy:

This past Monday was my most recent weigh-in. I knew that 190 lbs. was skewed by my clunky sneakers, heavy jeans, and huge sweatshirt. This go around I wore lightweight shorts & t-shirt w/a huge sweatshirt I could peel off. I weighed in my socks w/no sweatshirt. 180 lbs. Whew!

I've been doing really good with my eating. Not getting the sweet cravings so bad anymore. Lots of lean protein, less carbs or sugars of any kind (like in fruit). Let me just say I'm sick to frickin' death of chicken. :hurl: Oh well. Whatever makes it happen. I've restarted the 'Ease into 5k' app on my iPhone. DH got me an awesome bluetooth earbuds thing from the AT&T store that has me wireless for my tunes while I run. That was sweet! Aerobics via the 'Quick Fix' series and stair-stepper on my between run days. It's just a matter of time now... :D

I'll have to look at the P90X stuff again. The chick across the street does it. I looked at some YouTube videos once and it looked waaaay too complicated for an uncoordinated person like me. I'll look again. I need a good challenge.... :cool:

I'm so glad you're out running again- good work! :sohappy:

You should check out Turbo Fire and Chalene Extreme too. If P90X isn't right for you one of those will be. Chalene Extreme is similar to P90X but geared more toward women and doesn't involve pull ups- Thank the lord!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom