Disney Diet Buddies...

bmarkelon

You could also try peddling backwards on the elliptical. Its great for the glutes and I found it got my heart rate higher as well.
I do alternate 50/50 front and back pedaling, back pedaling always hurts more.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that you need some kind of machine or gadget to workout. My opinion is that the best of workouts need nothing but you and the ground beneath you. Machines often cheat you by making moves easier. Have a look at Power 90 by Beach Body.

Good luck and keep at it!!! :sohappy:
I usually am one to stick with floor workouts for sure! But these last 5 lbs are so stubborn and happy to stay there so I was trying something differrent with a heavier cardio on he elliptical. I will look into that power 90 though, sounds like a good one. I am also planning on getting out for jogs once it warms up here a little.

Forgot to add that my workout today was 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of shoveling snow....ouch!!

enchanted_belle

Aggrivated

So, yesterday I went to the doctors office for a physical... and their scale said I was the same weight that I started this whole thing back in November. So, according to the doc, I didn't lose 26 pounds. :brick: :cry:

Most depressing moment I've had in the past 100 days.

flipadeeflop

So, yesterday I went to the doctors office for a physical... and their scale said I was the same weight that I started this whole thing back in November. So, according to the doc, I didn't lose 26 pounds. :brick: :cry:

Well, according to THEIR scale.. does yours still say you're down 26lbs? Other things can happen, too- if it wasn't first thing in the morning, bloating, clothing... I drank a lot of wine one night and weighed myself the next morning and the scale showed me being 9lbs more than I usually was and I know it was just because of dehydration, so maybe it could be something like that!

flipadeeflop

plus, how are your clothes fitting, are you doing your measurements- if so, are they still down from before?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Don't let it get to you! You're doing so fantastic! I know its easier said than done but forget about what the scale says and keep up the good work!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Did you get weighed at the doctor's office before you started your diet and exercise program? Their scale just must be calibrated differently than yours, a 26 pound weight loss is a lot to chalk up to water weight.

Don't let it get you down!! I'm sure you can tell by the way you feel and your clothes fit that you have lost weight, no mattter what that scale says.

enchanted_belle

Well, according to THEIR scale.. does yours still say you're down 26lbs? Other things can happen, too- if it wasn't first thing in the morning, bloating, clothing... I drank a lot of wine one night and weighed myself the next morning and the scale showed me being 9lbs more than I usually was and I know it was just because of dehydration, so maybe it could be something like that!

plus, how are your clothes fitting, are you doing your measurements- if so, are they still down from before?

Don't let it get to you! You're doing so fantastic! I know its easier said than done but forget about what the scale says and keep up the good work!

Did you get weighed at the doctor's office before you started your diet and exercise program? Their scale just must be calibrated differently than yours, a 26 pound weight loss is a lot to chalk up to water weight.

Don't let it get you down!! I'm sure you can tell by the way you feel and your clothes fit that you have lost weight, no mattter what that scale says.

Thanks everyone! It was just REALLY hard to see that number on a scale again when I was looking forward to it saying 184... but my clothes are a lot more loose on me now (I'm wearing a shirt I bought around Christmas that was tight, and it fits perfectly now), and I am down 21 inches as well. It was just a hit in the motivation seeing that.
I went for a nice run after work with a friend today, so am feeling a million times better about it now!

Ariel484

I'll join in. :wave:

I lost about 20 pounds for my wedding almost 3 years ago and kept it off until I fell down some stairs at our house almost a year later. This left me with a painful back injury that took about 2 months to heal. Through lack of exercise and emotional eating during that time I gained back almost all that I lost.

Now I am finally back at it. Without changing my eating habits much I lost about 5 pounds training for the 2012 Walt Disney World Marathon. I am lucky that my job pays for Weight Watchers meetings, and they are right in our building, so I have been doing that since the week of Christmas. I have lost another 12.6 pounds since starting WW and am just below the weight I was at our wedding. :sohappy:

I am still running 3-4 days per week, as well as lifting 2 days per week and trying to get to yoga once or twice per week. I have never had trouble motivating myself to get the exercise in...my crappy diet has always been the problem. I am ultimately hoping to lose another 22ish pounds.

So glad I found this thread! Thanks for letting me ramble. :wave:

Ariel484

Thanks everyone! It was just REALLY hard to see that number on a scale again when I was looking forward to it saying 184... but my clothes are a lot more loose on me now (I'm wearing a shirt I bought around Christmas that was tight, and it fits perfectly now), and I am down 21 inches as well. It was just a hit in the motivation seeing that.
I went for a nice run after work with a friend today, so am feeling a million times better about it now!

Kortni, I am going to echo what Siobhan said above...I'm sure it had a lot to do with the calibration of the scales. I'm so sorry that happened though! I know you're in Disney TODAY though...hope you're having a fabulous trip! :sohappy:

Ariel484

This morning I did New Rules of Lifting For Women stage 4A...I tried to start this up in the fall and fell off the wagon. I'm determined to make it all the way through this time!

How's everyone else doing??

-Shannon :D

Eeyore

Premium Member
This morning I did New Rules of Lifting For Women stage 4A...I tried to start this up in the fall and fell off the wagon. I'm determined to make it all the way through this time!

How's everyone else doing??

-Shannon :D

Congrats on your progress!

I just started week 3 of p90x 2. I'm loving it so far. I've been doing that along with running, and some chalene extreme. It's going great so far. I'm determined to show this stubborn last ten pounds who's boss!

Ariel484

Congrats on your progress!

I just started week 3 of p90x 2. I'm loving it so far. I've been doing that along with running, and some chalene extreme. It's going great so far. I'm determined to show this stubborn last ten pounds who's boss!

Thanks! :wave:

Way to go on the P90X2/Chalene Extreme. You will crush those last 10 pounds! :sohappy:

2.5 miles this morning for me on the treadmill. I cannot wait until the weather is nice again and I can run outside.

Eeyore

Premium Member
Thanks! :wave:

Way to go on the P90X2/Chalene Extreme. You will crush those last 10 pounds! :sohappy:

2.5 miles this morning for me on the treadmill. I cannot wait until the weather is nice again and I can run outside.

It's going great so far. Almost 4 pounds down in 3 weeks.

Where is everybody? :wave:

sweetpee_1993

I feel ya. Truly. I went for my follow-up to a bunch of testing/scary stuff that got kicked-off by my physical/check-up last month. I'm healthy as a horse (thank God) but my weight is out of control. When we went on our big trip in September I was down to like 163-ish. Yeah, yesterday the doctor's office scale said 190. Talk about a Holy crap moment!

Soooo, I started the medical weight loss program. Fun. Wish I could say I'm excited. Still feeling too beat-down and dang hard to find the motivation to do much of anything. Blech. I'd rather whine and go hide under the covers some more. With a cookie. :brick:

We'll get by this thing. You sound like you're on a much better road than me right now. Don't let the scale tell you where you are. It's in how you feel. Let the measurements tell you how you're doing. If your clothes are feeling loose, then you're on the right path for sure. That's how I know for sure I'm on the wrong one: I have 3 pairs of jeans I bought when I outgrew my "cute" clothes and those are even getting snug now.

It's going great so far. Almost 4 pounds down in 3 weeks.

Where is everybody? :wave:

Hiding out because I was too mortified to tell anyone I've ballooned so far off even my own charts. Sheesh. Okay. I swear I'll quit whining and get busy exercising. I will! I have to. I'm not buying anymore clothes! :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom