Disney Diet Buddies...

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I'm on day 13 of P90X2..So different from P90X and I like it a lot better too. It uses a lot of different equipment like the stability ball, foam roller and medicine balls. I need to really work on my pull ups..:dazzle:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm on day 13 of P90X2..So different from P90X and I like it a lot better too. It uses a lot of different equipment like the stability ball, foam roller and medicine balls. I need to really work on my pull ups..:dazzle:

I'm about where you are! Which is your favorite so far? Least favorite?

TurboCaroline

Yep same here, still hating the yoga. LOL

How do you get on with those crunchy lever pull-ups?

I haven't officially tried those yet. lol I am going to buy the pull up assist and see if that helps. I use the band for all the pull ups because I am so terrible at them. Something to work for!!

enchanted_belle

I haven't officially tried those yet. lol I am going to buy the pull up assist and see if that helps. I use the band for all the pull ups because I am so terrible at them. Something to work for!!

I really need to try this p90x thing sometime! haha... but I'm working on the c25k right now instead.

bmarkelon

Ugggh! I need a pep talk. I have been working hard on my elliptical everyday, 40 minutes for the past two weeks, and I am up 2 pounds! Wrong way scale, trying to go down just 5 more, now 7 more. I have been eating really good too, salads and oatmeal, reasonable dinners. Finally feel like I have a good balance but I need to see some results. I know it takes more time, just frustrated and needed a quick venting session.

TurboCaroline

Ugggh! I need a pep talk. I have been working hard on my elliptical everyday, 40 minutes for the past two weeks, and I am up 2 pounds! Wrong way scale, trying to go down just 5 more, now 7 more. I have been eating really good too, salads and oatmeal, reasonable dinners. Finally feel like I have a good balance but I need to see some results. I know it takes more time, just frustrated and needed a quick venting session.

Don't worry. The scale will go the other way at some point just stick to what you're doing. Chalene Johnson posted an article where she talks about why you gain weight at first. I'll find it for you but I'm posting from my phone right now. :)

enchanted_belle

Try doing your measurements... back when I was doing Zumba a lot, I wasn't losing that much weight pound-wise, but I had dropped 30 inches in the course of a few months. The number can be showing holding onto nutrients, water, muscle mass, etc... :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Have you considered tying something instead of the elliptical? I believe they are certainly better than doing nothing, but I don't think they are as good as a lot of other routines. 40 mins on an elliptical is going to burn something like 200 calories, and isn't going to build any muscle which will increase your calorie burn. I also feel that elipticals cheat the exerciser by using momentum to keep going, rather than pure arm and leg power. I'm certainly not saying stop the elliptical, as it is certainly better than doing nothing, but I would look at adding, or doing something in its place. TurboFire, running, P90x would be worth a look.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

I can only give you advice based on my own personal experience. For me the elliptical alone just wasn't enough to make any progress. It was fantastic for maintaining my weight and was a great place for me to start.

Once I started added in some weight and circuit training along with the elliptical I started seeing some serious results. I started with Carmen Electra's "Fit to Strip". Don't let the name scare you, its a really good toning workout and at a beginner/moderate level. I then moved into the Jillian Michaels workouts- "30 Day Shred" "No More Trouble Zones" and "Ripped in 30". I get bored easily so I try to switch up my strength/circuit workouts every 30 days or so.

About a year ago I started doing Turbo Fire and absolutely love it. That along with running 3 to 4 times a week has worked like a charm and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Make sure you're writing down what you're eating as well. You could be getting a lot more calories than you realize or you may be getting far fewer than your body actually needs based on your activity level. If you're starving yourself your metabolism will slow down and you won't burn fat.

I hope that helps and wasn't too overwhelming. :lol:

bmarkelon

Thanks everyone! In my elliptical workout I am setting the resistance up higher than I ever have, I can definitely tell that I am toning up. My calf muscles especially have become more defined. I think I will probably add something else to my weekly routine. Probably my Jillian Michaels kettle bell workout which is fabulous! I wish I had another machine at home so I could switch it up that way, I would love a spinning bike! I can't commit to a gym membership because I just can't get there enough. For now I am just not letting the frustration get the best of me and keep at it.
I should check my measurements. Thanks again everyone! Here goes week 3!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Thanks everyone! In my elliptical workout I am setting the resistance up higher than I ever have, I can definitely tell that I am toning up. My calf muscles especially have become more defined. I think I will probably add something else to my weekly routine. Probably my Jillian Michaels kettle bell workout which is fabulous! I wish I had another machine at home so I could switch it up that way, I would love a spinning bike! I can't commit to a gym membership because I just can't get there enough. For now I am just not letting the frustration get the best of me and keep at it.

You could also try peddling backwards on the elliptical. Its great for the glutes and I found it got my heart rate higher as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that you need some kind of machine or gadget to workout. My opinion is that the best of workouts need nothing but you and the ground beneath you. Machines often cheat you by making moves easier. Have a look at Power 90 by Beach Body.

Good luck and keep at it!!! :sohappy:

enchanted_belle

You could also try peddling backwards on the elliptical. Its great for the glutes and I found it got my heart rate higher as well.

I'll agree with this one... whenever I use an elliptical (not as often as the treadmill or bike when I'm at the gym, but I do use it on and off lol), I always split my time up and do half forward and half backwards.
For instance, when I do a warm up before I head over to the weights for some strength training, I'll do three minutes one way and three the other for my heartrate. And your glutes really do feel it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom