Disney Diet Buddies...

enchanted_belle

I LOVE that idea! I'm in!

Today on the scale it says I've lost 2 lbs. Although it's exciting, I think it is inaccurate because, unintentionally, I haven't eaten since 2pm yesterday. It wasn't my fault though! I went on an animal rescue! I'll let you all know the details once the farm releases the details (it's our policy to let the world know all at once). So even though the weight probably isn't exactly right, it's just nice to see that the number on the scale is a possibility for me!

Woo! We have three of us so far, as long as your boyfriend's in. ;)

Can't wait to hear about the animal rescue... that's how we got our Besenji, he's my little buddy.

enchanted_belle

Pre-Christmas Weigh In!

Ok, I wanted to make sure I knew where I was before the holidays come sweeping in on me (I can feel my defenses against cakes and cookies falling already)... I'm down 11.8 from when I started in the beginning of November (wow). Let's see if I can keep it there this week!

flipadeeflop

Ok, I wanted to make sure I knew where I was before the holidays come sweeping in on me (I can feel my defenses against cakes and cookies falling already)... I'm down 11.8 from when I started in the beginning of November (wow). Let's see if I can keep it there this week!

Just keep thinking about how good you feel right now!! A cookie will only feel that good for about a minute, but this feeling will last for as long as you don't let that cookie get you!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I posted this elsewhere in a weight-loss thread. Just popping in for some Holiday motivation. You can do anything if you set your heart and mind to it! Keep it up, y'all!

December 2008

WDWdec08dadscamera069.jpg

August 2011. Excuse the shaved head. I had no option :lookaroun

P8050008.jpg

enchanted_belle

I posted this elsewhere in a weight-loss thread. Just popping in for some Holiday motivation. You can do anything if you set your heart and mind to it! Keep it up, y'all!

December 2008

WDWdec08dadscamera069.jpg

August 2011. Excuse the shaved head. I had no option :lookaroun

P8050008.jpg

WOW you look great!!!

I think I did well this Christmas... the only dessert I had was Banana Pudding, and I had a lot of veggies compared to the starch. Though we'll find out when I weigh myself again.
Tonight starts the workouts of the week, so maybe I can lose this week still?

enchanted_belle

Thanks!

Cardio. Cardio. CARDIO! haha.

One of my resolutions is to add more cardio into my life! lol. I've been to the gym 3 times this week so far, and have had my butt (and sadly my immune system) completely kicked. I'm finally able to move my muscles for the first time since Christmas, and am ready to get back to the gym again - my goal is to build up to doing burpees.

rsoxguy

Here's a whacky fun fact, in a "who cares you creep" sort of way. I have a strong disdain for a majority of Disney dining. I recently stayed at WDW for 5 days, and between the miles of walking and lower food intake, I actually came home having lost two pounds during the week.
Walt Disney World, the vacation destination that keeps on giving.

flipadeeflop

One of my resolutions is to add more cardio into my life! lol. I've been to the gym 3 times this week so far, and have had my butt (and sadly my immune system) completely kicked. I'm finally able to move my muscles for the first time since Christmas, and am ready to get back to the gym again - my goal is to build up to doing burpees.

Great plan! What are your favorite workouts to do at the gym? I see you are going to Disney SUPER soon!!!! Do you feel like you will hit your goal by then?!

My boyfriend, Kevin, and I are on our last day of week 3 on the Game On Diet! I haven't lost enough, so we decided to kick up our workouts. We went out and got some kickboxing pads (we already have the gloves) and Kevin's been teaching me basic drills! I am SO SORE!!!!!! I really think it is going to work! I've gotten down to 134.2 and started at 135.7 (and a couple weeks before we started the game on diet I had already started trying to lose weight and I was 137 then). It's so great to see progress, even though I've only been losing half a pound a week! At least it's something and by the next time I go to Disney all that poundage will have added up!!!

flipadeeflop

Here's a whacky fun fact, in a "who cares you creep" sort of way. I have a strong disdain for a majority of Disney dining. I recently stayed at WDW for 5 days, and between the miles of walking and lower food intake, I actually came home having lost two pounds during the week.
Walt Disney World, the vacation destination that keeps on giving.

I kind of feel you on that one! It's not that I don't LOVE food (especially the stuff that's the worst for you!), but it's much harder for someone with my diet to find special, delicious meals at Disney unless I really try! I'm vegan AND gluten-intolerant (ay-yi-yi!!), so sometimes I'd just rather grab a quick fruit dish on the go instead of asking the CS or TS cast members if I can see the allergy booklet! I probably would have lost weight, too, on my last trip to WDW, but I planned WAAAAY ahead and found out a ton of stuff I could have, which included Tofutti ice cream, popcorn, and french fries! They are just too easy to grab on the go! Oh well, at least I didn't gain!

Are you trying to lose weight as well, or did it strictly happen this way because of how you feel about the food offered?

enchanted_belle

Great plan! What are your favorite workouts to do at the gym? I see you are going to Disney SUPER soon!!!! Do you feel like you will hit your goal by then?!

My boyfriend, Kevin, and I are on our last day of week 3 on the Game On Diet! I haven't lost enough, so we decided to kick up our workouts. We went out and got some kickboxing pads (we already have the gloves) and Kevin's been teaching me basic drills! I am SO SORE!!!!!! I really think it is going to work! I've gotten down to 134.2 and started at 135.7 (and a couple weeks before we started the game on diet I had already started trying to lose weight and I was 137 then). It's so great to see progress, even though I've only been losing half a pound a week! At least it's something and by the next time I go to Disney all that poundage will have added up!!!

33 more days, I'm so excited!! Right now, I'm at 17.4 lost so far since November, and today is day 1 of a 20 person Game On! that I'm in (soo many people, but my team is only 3 of us!), so I'm hoping that will help out a bit. Fingers crossed, I should still be able to lose almost 10 by Disney next month.

I've started to go to the gym with a friend and her boyfriend, who is really good at weight training. So, they've been helping me do a bunch of toning stuff to help build my endurance, and I'm in the second week of the c25k program as well. On top of that, on big weight training days, we do a bunch of interval training on either the treadmill or the bike. Love it! I've become a huge gym guru since Christmas, and then I try to get to some Zumba classes on top of it... :lol:

rsoxguy

Are you trying to lose weight as well, or did it strictly happen this way because of how you feel about the food offered?

It just happened. I was not trying to lose weight, and I always anticipate actually gaining a few pounds when on a vacation. WDW is usually comprised of one day trips for me, but we went for a week because my daughter is home from college for her winter break. I know this sounds odd on a Disney fan forum, but I don't particularly like most of the food at Disney restaurants. I just think of it as overpriced mediocrity. Consequently, I lost a couple of pounds while there. The walking was brutal, but it worked off every calorie taken in, plus some.

flipadeeflop

33 more days, I'm so excited!! Right now, I'm at 17.4 lost so far since November, and today is day 1 of a 20 person Game On! that I'm in (soo many people, but my team is only 3 of us!), so I'm hoping that will help out a bit. Fingers crossed, I should still be able to lose almost 10 by Disney next month.

I've started to go to the gym with a friend and her boyfriend, who is really good at weight training. So, they've been helping me do a bunch of toning stuff to help build my endurance, and I'm in the second week of the c25k program as well. On top of that, on big weight training days, we do a bunch of interval training on either the treadmill or the bike. Love it! I've become a huge gym guru since Christmas, and then I try to get to some Zumba classes on top of it... :lol:

What's the c25k program?

Game On seems like it works best with more people on each team because some times I'm like "I'll just have this popcorn because I know Kevin is behind..." But if I were doing it with a team I probably wouldn't want to admit I gave in, so I just wouldn't give in in the first place! I'm still doing really good with it. I haven't had a perfect week first, and he's losing more weight, but we are both getting high points!

You will definitely lose that 10 lbs by your next trip! Especially if you keep up doing all that you are!!! And if you don't, you must still feel AMAZING!

Just did 30 min of kickboxing with Kevin and my muscles are shaking!!!

bmarkelon

Back in here again, haven't posted for awhile and have absolutely not been dieting or working out for a couple months. I am on the lose weight resolution band wagon. I only have 5 more pounds that I really want to lose, it's just so frustrating to not be doing it. I went for my first run in years this past weekend, ran almost 2 miles and even though I thought I was going to puke I plan on doing it again. I am trying harder to find a better balance of workout and diet. It's such a challenge, being a stay at home mom of 3. A challenge for everyone! Good luck to you all!

enchanted_belle

What's the c25k program?

Game On seems like it works best with more people on each team because some times I'm like "I'll just have this popcorn because I know Kevin is behind..." But if I were doing it with a team I probably wouldn't want to admit I gave in, so I just wouldn't give in in the first place! I'm still doing really good with it. I haven't had a perfect week first, and he's losing more weight, but we are both getting high points!

You will definitely lose that 10 lbs by your next trip! Especially if you keep up doing all that you are!!! And if you don't, you must still feel AMAZING!

Just did 30 min of kickboxing with Kevin and my muscles are shaking!!!

c25k = couch to five k program.... it's suppose to help people who can't run (like me) be able to run a 5k after 8 weeks. So far, I can run for a minute straight lol. Its slow, but steady process!
I hope I lose it... I'm working on it! It's been a steady loss since I started a few months back, so I'm happy already. :)

Back in here again, haven't posted for awhile and have absolutely not been dieting or working out for a couple months. I am on the lose weight resolution band wagon. I only have 5 more pounds that I really want to lose, it's just so frustrating to not be doing it. I went for my first run in years this past weekend, ran almost 2 miles and even though I thought I was going to puke I plan on doing it again. I am trying harder to find a better balance of workout and diet. It's such a challenge, being a stay at home mom of 3. A challenge for everyone! Good luck to you all!

Welcome back!!!!! :wave: I hear the last 5 pounds are always the hardest and most stubborn... but we're here to support you. :)

flipadeeflop

Well, it looks like you sure have the motivation to keep going! I'm having trouble losing the FIRST 5 lbs, so I can't imagine how hard it is for you to lose the LAST 5!!

bmarkelon

c25k = couch to five k program.... it's suppose to help people who can't run (like me) be able to run a 5k after 8 weeks. So far, I can run for a minute straight lol. Its slow, but steady process!
I hope I lose it... I'm working on it! It's been a steady loss since I started a few months back, so I'm happy already. :)

Welcome back!!!!! :wave: I hear the last 5 pounds are always the hardest and most stubborn... but we're here to support you. :)
Thanks! It's definitely been tough, I lost 15 post baby pounds with s lot of hard work and was pretty satisfied with that. I decided this will be the year I finish it off! Hopefully running will do the trick!

bmarkelon

Well, it looks like you sure have the motivation to keep going! I'm having trouble losing the FIRST 5 lbs, so I can't imagine how hard it is for you to lose the LAST 5!!
Check out Jillian Michaels kettle bell work out. It's what kick started my loss over a year ago. It's the best total body work out I have tried. I did this one pretty consistently for a couple months and lost 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks.

flipadeeflop

Check out Jillian Michaels kettle bell work out. It's what kick started my loss over a year ago. It's the best total body work out I have tried. I did this one pretty consistently for a couple months and lost 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks.

I'll have to check it out! I've always wanted to try the kettle bells!

enchanted_belle

Weighed in this morning... down 20.8 since I started in November! If I lose 2 a week, I can still be down to almost 30 by the WDW trip in a month. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom