Disney Diet Buddies...

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I'm really liking it so far. I like that she works upper and lower body at the same time and I LOVE that there aren't any pull ups. I really liked p90x but chalene extreme seems to be a better fit for me.

How are you doing with p90x month 2 so far?
I hate pull-ups too...:)
It's going pretty well..I've got to be more strict with my diet though..that's always been the hardest part! If we wouldn't go out to eat then I would be fine..:brick::lol:
Can somebody tell me more about this insanity thing??

It's a very intense 60 day cardio program. He does a lot of pushups and jumping..but you can always keep it low impact. It's insane to say the least..:lol::lookaroun

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I hate pull-ups too...:)
It's going pretty well..I've got to be more strict with my diet though..that's always been the hardest part! If we wouldn't go out to eat then I would be fine..:brick::lol:

Pull ups are almost more of a mental struggle for me than a physical one but yeah I hate them. :lol: Although I did really like legs and back it was my second favorite after Kempo.

Where's Echovictor been?! She's busy showing that last 7 pounds who's boss no doubt! :D How's everyone else doing these days?

I ran 10 miles this morning, did 30 minutes of weights (chalene Extreme) and 20 minutes of stretching and yoga. It was my first long run since late spring- it felt fantastic!

echovictor

Where's Echovictor been?! She's busy showing that last 7 pounds who's boss no doubt! :D How's everyone else doing these days?

:wave: Just lurking lately! I'm exausted just reading all of the workout posts on this thread. Y'all have been busy!

Still having a lot of trouble getting motivated to start any real exercise program for myself. I use every excuse in the book but it basically comes down to "I don't want to". Which is extremely LAME. I know I'll feel better but I just don't have the energy to exercise. Ironically, I know I would have more energy if I exercised. :animwink:

Unfortunately, no movement on those 7 lbs. But I feel good about having maintained the original weight loss so far. I am no longer "dieting", counting points, etc. so I feel good that I have adjusted my eating habits to allow me to keep the weight off.

I know I need to start back on my program to get those 7 lbs off and I'm confident I can do it if I'll just start. With the holidays looming, I need to push it.

Thanks for checking on me. It helps!

TurboCaroline

:wave: Just lurking lately! I'm exausted just reading all of the workout posts on this thread. Y'all have been busy!

Still having a lot of trouble getting motivated to start any real exercise program for myself. I use every excuse in the book but it basically comes down to "I don't want to". Which is extremely LAME. I know I'll feel better but I just don't have the energy to exercise. Ironically, I know I would have more energy if I exercised. :animwink:

Unfortunately, no movement on those 7 lbs. But I feel good about having maintained the original weight loss so far. I am no longer "dieting", counting points, etc. so I feel good that I have adjusted my eating habits to allow me to keep the weight off.

I know I need to start back on my program to get those 7 lbs off and I'm confident I can do it if I'll just start. With the holidays looming, I need to push it.

Thanks for checking on me. It helps!

You can do it! Just schedule your workouts on your phone so then you can fit it in your day..:wave:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Well, I'm back from my trip to London, and thanks to all the walking, maybe even in better shape than when I left! :ROFLOL: Seriously, one day my brother and I spent six hours walking around sightseeing. And we weren't just strolling ;)

I kept my resolution, packed my laptop and some exercise DVDs and got in 30 minutes of, I guess you'd call them calisthenics, before my full English breakfast each day (although I did let myself off the hook the morning after I arrived and the day I was leaving). I didn't log my food or exercise calories, just let myself enjoy the trip, and came back a pound down.

Week after next, I'm headed to Epcot Food & Wine Festival, where I'll follow the same program. :drevil:

This is my "transition" time of year, where I move from getting up early and working out for 30 minutes 4 days a week, to doing an hour on each of Saturday and Sunday. Really, I should just suck it up and continue getting up during the week (although I hate getting up in the dark) until winter sets in--there's just soooo much housework to be done on the weekends at this time of year, what with putting the garden "to bed" and switching over summer curtains for winter drapes, that it is soooo tempting to just let my workout be sacrificed. I keep having to remind myself that it's OKAY to be "selfish" and take time to do something that's important to me, and for me.

Hope everyone else is doing well and sticking with it! :wave:

enchanted_belle

Ahh, I've missed this thread so much!! My diet had completely died away, and I haven't been on the scale in ages. :( I'm so afraid to get back on, but... I'm making my resolution right now (hold me to it!). Dieting is back on first thing tomorrow! I'm starting over fresh, I need it. McDonald's Monopoly game this past month has been my utter downfall!

But, I'm not sure exactly which route I should take... I have 111 days until my next WDW trip (finally!!!!!!!), and I want to feel happy with myself. And of course, I want to love all of my pictures!

Anyone have some suggestions for diving back in?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Ahh, I've missed this thread so much!! My diet had completely died away, and I haven't been on the scale in ages. :( I'm so afraid to get back on, but... I'm making my resolution right now (hold me to it!). Dieting is back on first thing tomorrow! I'm starting over fresh, I need it. McDonald's Monopoly game this past month has been my utter downfall!

But, I'm not sure exactly which route I should take... I have 111 days until my next WDW trip (finally!!!!!!!), and I want to feel happy with myself. And of course, I want to love all of my pictures!

Anyone have some suggestions for diving back in?

My advice- drop the word "diet" and just start making healthier choices right now. Why wait till tomorrow? :)

To me the word diet is so negative. If you just focus on healthier meals and snacks and have smaller occassional indulgences you'll accomplish a lot without feeling deprived.

TurboCaroline

My advice- drop the word "diet" and just start making healthier choices right now. Why wait till tomorrow? :)

To me the word diet is so negative. If you just focus on healthier meals and snacks and have smaller occassional indulgences you'll accomplish a lot without feeling deprived.

Yep..make a lifestyle change...I still eat pizza a couple times a month but that's ok because I exercise consistantly and eat healthy the rest of the time..there is NO WAY I am completely going to give up pizza or mexican food!:lol:

enchanted_belle

Yep..make a lifestyle change...I still eat pizza a couple times a month but that's ok because I exercise consistantly and eat healthy the rest of the time..there is NO WAY I am completely going to give up pizza or mexican food!:lol:

Well, I did start making some better choices the next day (there was no point in starting a change at 10pm when I was done eating for the day lol), so the closest thing I've had to any fast food was a Chick-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich last night at the mall. :slurp:
My problem is, everything I eat now upsets my stomach... doesn't matter what it is: burgers, Chinese, salads, water (yes, even water), coffee, ginger ale, yogurt, breads, etc. I don't know what I can and can't eat. The doc suggested a gluten-free diet (unfortunately, with that it has to stick to the word apparently lol), saying that the problem will go away once I get down to somewhat of a healthier weight. But... half of the stuff on there I don't like (corn, for example. :hurl: ), and the other half makes me sick. :(

One thing I do miss from before is my Zumba. I haven't gone to a single class in a month. :cry: Between work, night classes, and now running a business, I barely have time to make it to my bed before passing out. Aren't I suppose to have the energy at 22 to fit workouts in in the middle of the night? lol.

I guess I'm still stuck at the drawing board (kinda) for which way to go with all of this... I'll definitely let you know once I've figured things out, and have made some progresses! :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Couldn't agree more!! :sohappy:

TurboCaroline

Well, I did start making some better choices the next day (there was no point in starting a change at 10pm when I was done eating for the day lol), so the closest thing I've had to any fast food was a Chick-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich last night at the mall. :slurp:
My problem is, everything I eat now upsets my stomach... doesn't matter what it is: burgers, Chinese, salads, water (yes, even water), coffee, ginger ale, yogurt, breads, etc. I don't know what I can and can't eat. The doc suggested a gluten-free diet (unfortunately, with that it has to stick to the word apparently lol), saying that the problem will go away once I get down to somewhat of a healthier weight. But... half of the stuff on there I don't like (corn, for example. :hurl: ), and the other half makes me sick. :(

One thing I do miss from before is my Zumba. I haven't gone to a single class in a month. :cry: Between work, night classes, and now running a business, I barely have time to make it to my bed before passing out. Aren't I suppose to have the energy at 22 to fit workouts in in the middle of the night? lol.

I guess I'm still stuck at the drawing board (kinda) for which way to go with all of this... I'll definitely let you know once I've figured things out, and have made some progresses! :)

Can you workout from home? There are programs out there that aren't very long..like 10 Minute Trainer..

enchanted_belle

Can you workout from home? There are programs out there that aren't very long..like 10 Minute Trainer..

I have a few dvds and Mom has this new weight thing she wants to try, but it's still a I don't get home until after 10pm most nights of the week that is keeping me from doing much. :dazzle: In the summer, I would go out for a walk/jog during my lunch break at work, but the past 8-10 weeks already I've spent every break doing homework now. :cry: I miss working out.

TurboCaroline

I have a few dvds and Mom has this new weight thing she wants to try, but it's still a I don't get home until after 10pm most nights of the week that is keeping me from doing much. :dazzle: In the summer, I would go out for a walk/jog during my lunch break at work, but the past 8-10 weeks already I've spent every break doing homework now. :cry: I miss working out.

Is it possible to get up 30 minutes earlier to workout? Then it's out of the way and you'll feel great all day..:)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I love the 10 Minute Solution videos, I have several of them.

If you miss working out, I would encourage you to consider ksccar's suggestion about the 10-minute workouts. 10 minutes is better than nothing, and can help you out because you are working out, and so you won't be able to feel bad that you're not working out. I even take them on vacation, because I know myself, and if I take a week off from working out, it's that much harder to get back on track. So I try not to get off track. I like to do 30 minutes at a time, but if I have only the time or energy for 10 minutes, well, at least I did something, and I'm able to stay away from thoughts like, "you lazy such-and-such, blowing off your workout, you stink" (which I have been known to tell myself). I've never regretted working out for only 10 minutes.

In addition to the 10-Minute Solution series, I also like the Quick Fix series, also 10 minutes. I think they are out of print, but still available thru amazon: Quick Fix Workout DVDs

Is it possible to get up 30 minutes earlier to workout? Then it's out of the way and you'll feel great all day..:)

Even 15 minutes early, squeeze in those 10 minutes. ;) Or take 10 minutes before you go to bed. It'll put you on the right road, and what's that saying, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

(You did tell us to hold you to it!) :wave:

enchanted_belle

If you miss working out, I would encourage you to consider ksccar's suggestion about the 10-minute workouts. 10 minutes is better than nothing, and can help you out because you are working out, and so you won't be able to feel bad that you're not working out. I even take them on vacation, because I know myself, and if I take a week off from working out, it's that much harder to get back on track. So I try not to get off track. I like to do 30 minutes at a time, but if I have only the time or energy for 10 minutes, well, at least I did something, and I'm able to stay away from thoughts like, "you lazy such-and-such, blowing off your workout, you stink" (which I have been known to tell myself). I've never regretted working out for only 10 minutes.

In addition to the 10-Minute Solution series, I also like the Quick Fix series, also 10 minutes. I think they are out of print, but still available thru amazon: Quick Fix Workout DVDs

Even 15 minutes early, squeeze in those 10 minutes. ;) Or take 10 minutes before you go to bed. It'll put you on the right road, and what's that saying, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Hmm... does cleaning the whole house, shopping, and cooking count as working out tonight, or is that a cop out? :p Because that's what I've been doing for the past 4 hours straight so far. I'm going to try out my mom's kettleball thing she has in a few hours after I get some of this food I need (and some more cleaned... ack), so that's at least a workout in for today! It's bad, I feel like getting in workouts is like a chore now. :lookaroun

(You did tell us to hold you to it!) :wave:
:lol: trust me, I'm going to need a lot of it!!! :) Thanks.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Four hours of housecleaning definitely counts. I believe, if you feel you exerted yourself enough to call it a workout while doing anything, then it counts!! ;)

enchanted_belle

Four hours of housecleaning definitely counts. I believe, if you feel you exerted yourself enough to call it a workout while doing anything, then it counts!! ;)

I had to change my clothes twice because I was sweating so much! :lookaroun It was quite nasty, actually.

I've been trying to be good and stay away from all the Halloween candy, but I've yet to find the courage to actually get on my scale and figure out where I am...

enchanted_belle

but I've yet to find the courage to actually get on my scale and figure out where I am...

I got on the scale yesterday... yikes! :eek: That was not a good thing to see. But I've been sick the last two days as well, so today marked being able to eat food again (instead of crackers! yay!), as well as attempting to get those 10 minutes of exercise in when I can!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
SO, back from my last week's Food & Wine Festival trip, which came only two weeks after a week-long trip to London, and I let myself off the hook for both trips--I wasn't going to bother tracking food & exercise calories (Lose It app, or www.loseit.com)

Thanks to all the walking in London, and none of the fine dining I had envisioned/hoped for, I came home from that trip down a pound. :lol:

Now it's time to get back on track and take off the four pounds that Food & Wine Fest put on me!! It's going to be hard to get back to Lean Cuisines for lunch when I've just enjoyed Artist Point and other Disney restaurants!! :cry::D

I took advantage of being "off plan" for the week right up until the last hour on Sunday night--I was still dipping into the leftover Halloween candy at 10pm!

plaz10

I never diet/watch what I eat in Disney. It's my happy place! I choose to believe calories don't count in Disney :D Plus with the large amount of walking I usually find I don't gain much (or any at all!) while at the World.

But I do see it as a great end goal. "I want to lose 10 lbs by my next Disney trip...so if I put on weight there I won't feel SO bad about it." :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom