Disney considering a new World Showcase pavilion BY REMOVING AN EXISTING COUNTRY?!?!

jtizzle1023

i was walking through once and thinking where they could fit a few new ones. there is room if they got rid of the outpost and i think by japan and morroco there is a pretty good sized area.... I think they should have spain or some middle eastern country

nightowlky

Anyways, I would enjoy it if they made an Australian pavilion, like I think a few of you suggested beforehand.

I don't think that Disney really has a representative ride or area for Australia across the parks. Unless you count that one scene in It's a Small World. It's kind of a glaring error. l3

I'd love to see Australia!

Imagine, as well, a new TS location built into the far end of the lagoon shaped like the Sydney Opera House?

Or perhaps add Russia or Greece but with both of them having economic issues, doubt they'd pony up the cash to sponsor a pavilion.

goreesha

Well hey, let's just get rid of the American pavilion. I mean, after all, you're already IN America when you're AT Disney World. What sort of strange infinite loop have they created there where you can be IN an America pavilion while you are IN an American theme park IN America. Sheesh, people. One less layer of America, please!

Tear it down and replace it with either a Latvian Pavilion, with a table service restaurant serving delicious cold borscht and fermented milk, or perhaps a Principality of Sealand pavilion, because it is the Earth's most overlooked nation. I'll bet Major HRH Prince Roy would even cover most of the cost of a Sealand pavilion, and I'll bet the Sealand fencing team would put on regular exhibitions.

I'm gonna sit down and write TDO a letter right now.

Hurray for the Sealand pavilion! :sohappy:

Krack

I'm gonna sit down and write TDO a letter right now.

Hurray for the Sealand pavilion!

If you can figure out how to shoe-horn a Stich or Nemo Meet & Greet into the pavillion, you'll probably get funding. Does Sealand have a princess? And if so, would she be willing to walk around and talk to guests while they eat?

goreesha

If you can figure out how to shoe-horn a Stich or Nemo Meet & Greet into the pavillion, you'll probably get funding. Does Sealand have a princess? And if so, would she be willing to walk around and talk to guests while they eat?

In fact, Sealand does have a princess. Princess Joan, formerly of Essex. Considering that she lives on a small concrete platform in the middle of the North Sea, I would imagine she gets pretty bored. So she just might be willing to fly the private helicopter down to Orlando for the occasional meet and greet.

Just imagine this right in the dead center of World Showcase, recreated in all its glory:

page2.jpg

Sir_Cliff

Like a few people here have said, it makes next to no sense for Disney to make decisions on which pavilion to close based on informal customer surveys when they're all run on the basis of sponsorship and retail/dining revenue.

That said, I am a little surprised to see so many people both saying that they need something more distant and exotic and then seeing Morocco and Mexico come up among the most popular choices to close. Think of how much of Europe is represented with the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Norway, then you have English-speaking former European colonies the USA and Canada. Why would you close Morocco or Mexico if you wanted more variety?!?

majorrfb

Remove Morocco and the Outpost

Neither of these attractions impress me. The Outpost serves no function other than to take up space. Morocco offers little, except fun music, the food leaves a :hammer:lot to be desired.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I took a similar survey last time I was in DAK. I told them to replace the boring safari/look at the animals thing with another cool spinny ride like that wonderful triceratops themed gem they have tucked away in the middle of that super awesome games and fun area.

You too? Well with my input we can expect more carny rides any day now. I mean look what happened after I told them how wonderful the picnic was.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Let's just hope that if people are taking surveys they list "Africa" as the country they'd most like to see leave. Which shouldn't be too difficult, considering how geographically-challenged we are in this country.....

maui2k7

I would not be too disappointed to see Morocco go (granted it is nice theming). I would rather have something like Russia in its place and put in Australia where the outpost is today. First thing to go needs to be the outpost...

Figment632

This doesn't make any financial sense.

Why would you demo a whole pavilion when you have empty plots all over the WS?

If TDO really are the greedy, puppy-burners that everyone claims they are, they would be looking for the cheapest way to expand capacity. Razing a whole pavilion and replacing it is not that.

It is possible the first question is to judge where the interest lies and the second is to see what pavilion could use improvements to attract more visitors.

By phrasing the question as a definitive, you are more likely to get a focused response. If the question is, "Which pavilion kinda sucks?" you'll get a smattering of personal opinion, but if it is, "Which one would you like to see destroyed?" elicits a stronger, more pointed response.

Without seeing the actual text of the question it is hard to speculate what the intent is.

Agreed in full this sounds ridiculos top me.

IWant2GoNow

My vote is for a Transylvania pavilion with Vlad the Impaler's castle and a roller coaster throughout it.

AKA- I doubt this rumor has any weight at all.

:wave:

But it would be sweet if something new went in...

TeriofTerror

The origin of the roller coaster dates back to the Russian Ice Slides built in the 17th century throughout Russia. Hello, E-ticket attraction! :sohappy:

WDWExplorer

Banned
I am in full agreement with Steve here... I don't think this survey ever took place.....

I sincerely doubt they would consider demoing one country to build another.. the costs involved with the demo, and then the rebuild would greatly exceeded the costs of a new structure.. this isn't exactly a stripmall facade they would replace... The very nature of the construction tecniques in each area lend themselves to the country of origin...

Impossible, I'd say.... if TDO is truely about the bottom-line, they would never consider this in a million years..

A new country? plop in on the Outpost, infrastruture (eletrical and water) was already built out in that area when it was to be an African pavillion.. not just a watering hole :)

montyz81

If this survey did in fact take place, consider this... The question about removal could be a way to determine the country that could use the most work. I am just trying to put a positive spin here.

My answers would look like this to those three questions..

Question 1 ... 15 times
Question 2 ... Brazil
Question 3 ... Morocco

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom