Disney considering a new World Showcase pavilion BY REMOVING AN EXISTING COUNTRY?!?!

harveyt0206

Other than Outpost, I would be extremely sad to loose any country at this point. I tend to be a tad sentimental when it comes to WS, or most things WDW related for that matter. Nothing gives me more pleasure than strolling around and visiting each country (especially at night, so so pretty).

I certainly hope that this is either pure speculation or April Fool's.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Outpost isn`t a country. It is an attempt to hind the embarrassment of 2 large plots that are still empty.

lighteningqueen

I for one could have them remove Mexico. The food is bad and the ride is just corny not even fun. They could put in another country like Ireland. Holland, Australia. Can you imagine their foods???? What fun that could be. So different foods then the other countries already there. And they really need a makeover of the USA. Burgers,,, like you cannot get them anywhere else on the other properties??? Things like Chicken fry, etc.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Outpost isn`t a country. It is an attempt to hind the embarrassment of 2 large plots that are still empty.

And is where the next country would likely be placed.....

Placing this rumor and subsequent sturm und drang on the level of "sound and fury, signifying nothing"..........

col

if they decided to change a country to a different country that would mean a whole lot of refurb and the shutting of that country until it was replaced. all the countrys are all connected -even france and the UK via the international gateway bridge, so how would they go around that? lay extra boats on and add new freindships ports where there are none? or have people walk half way around then have to walk back the other way to get to the other countries?

the outpost is just a waste of space if you ask me, its used for nothing important and could be used as space for a country. i would like to see greece added to WS so we can get some hercules characters out in the park!

Bairstow

Could it be that the question is aimed at which of the existing countries is least popular with the intent to boost it's popularity (by adding an attraction)? Each "attraction-less" country may have attraction designs shovel ready and Disney is trying to find which would benefit the most. I really can't see them bulldozing or repurposing an existing country when expansion pads are everywhere. Just trying to turn lemons into lemonaide.

This is by far the most rational explanation.

If not, I'm looking forward to the Democratic Republic of Congo pavilion.

PhantomX

its cheaper to just retheme an existing pavillion rather than build a new one from scratch. Add an interactive charecter meet and greet and your good to go!

Testtrack321

I really doubt the questionnaire asked what should be removed, or wouldn't miss. I would say it instead state what was their LEAST favorite country was. People's memories play tricks on them as well all know...

SMRT-1

I for one could have them remove Mexico. The food is bad and the ride is just corny not even fun. They could put in another country like Ireland. Holland, Australia. Can you imagine their foods???? What fun that could be. So different foods then the other countries already there. And they really need a makeover of the USA. Burgers,,, like you cannot get them anywhere else on the other properties??? Things like Chicken fry, etc.

mexico isn't going anywhere. tequila bar was added last year and the cantina rebuild is on now. one of my favorites in WS for sure.

tecowdw

As many have stated, the current country's range from having everything from just shops and dining to major attraction inside them. Seems many people think Morocco would be first to go perhaps due to no real "attraction" there.

So if a new country is added to WS, what does it need to have in order to be a success?

a major show?
a major ride?
a major dining restaurant?
or
just some shops and minor restaurant(s)?

IHeartArt

Calm down this isn't a kneejerk reaction of "Oh my god Morocco is unliked NUKE MOROCCO", this is "where should we plus next, and what should we add to compete with anything Sea World or Universal puts out".

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Calm down this isn't a kneejerk reaction of "Oh my god Morocco is unliked NUKE MOROCCO", this is "where should we plus next, and what should we add to compete with anything Sea World or Universal puts out".

I'm not sure anyone is getting overly excited, just sharing their thoughts and opinions.

And try using little things like say, punctuation, before insulting others. Just a suggestion.....

HMF

Ever since the '80s people have been saying "Hey, isn't it time for a new WS pavilion?" And now TDO proposes to "give the people what they want" by clumsily re-theming an existing pavilion to represent a "new" country? Because you know that's what they'll do. Morocco will become Tunisia, or Germany will become Austria.
It would make more sense to re-name "Mexico" "Latin America" as it is now hosted by a Mexican' an American and a Brazilian.

jt04

As many have stated, the current country's range from having everything from just shops and dining to major attraction inside them. Seems many people think Morocco would be first to go perhaps due to no real "attraction" there.

So if a new country is added to WS, what does it need to have in order to be a success?

a major show?
a major ride?
a major dining restaurant?
or
just some shops and minor restaurant(s)?

I'd say no. An Austrailia pavilion with the lagoon side opera house replica, good restaurant, koala display and Great Barrier Reef tank would be a winner in my book. The cultural aspects and showcasing the unique aspects of a country are more important than an e ticket ride. Although WS needs an e ticket or two added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom