Disney considering a new World Showcase pavilion BY REMOVING AN EXISTING COUNTRY?!?!

rkelly42

Calm down this isn't a kneejerk reaction of "Oh my god Morocco is unliked NUKE MOROCCO", this is "where should we plus next, and what should we add to compete with anything Sea World or Universal puts out".
This is a perfect example of a narrow-minded poster that I am just sick of.:brick:

mickey2008.1

Just read the whole thread, and wow. As a current restaurant owner and from my own personal experince, it is always less expensive to build new than rebuild an existing facility. I agree with America, because most visitors are from the US, and we learn it/ live it everyday, but it is the centerpiece of ws, especially the stage and the candlelight processional, so its hard to take that out, so not really an option. Morocco is a beautiful country, i love walking around there as there is much to see and learn, cant say anything about the food, never ate there. Mexico and italy, not going anywhere, new facilities currently being built. Germany and france, make money on food and beverages, even though france i think stinks, literally. Canada, also beautiful and popular restaurant. Norway has an attraction and character dining. That leaves England, the country that tried to destroy us way back when, so lets see how they like it when we take their independence. An all out war across the lake, send the red coats packing!:lol: sorry steve.

IHeartArt

^^^ I appreciate it.

Maybe you should consider editing language like that before posting in any thread on WDW Magic. :shrug:

You guys got a filter up. I assumed that anything that doesn't get blocked by the filter is okay.

But, alright. I will rework my posting strategy so as to appease you guys while still bringing my flair to this place.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Time to call...

6a00e5501bb44a88330120a545f263970b-800wi

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Wow, Morocco is by far the most interesting and elaborate pavillion IMO.

I have to say, I've never eaten at either the quick service or the sitdown restaurants ( just not my cup of tea) but I agree with PeteC 100% -It's definitely one of the most interesting and detailed pavilions in the WS.

I'd also like to go on the record as saying I think this is nothing more than
complete an utter horsedump and I don't believe a word of it.

IHeartArt

Anyways, I would enjoy it if they made an Australian pavilion, like I think a few of you suggested beforehand.

I don't think that Disney really has a representative ride or area for Australia across the parks. Unless you count that one scene in It's a Small World. It's kind of a glaring error. l3

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I took a similar survey last time I was in DAK. I told them to replace the boring safari/look at the animals thing with another cool spinny ride like that wonderful triceratops themed gem they have tucked away in the middle of that super awesome games and fun area.

Krack

Calm down this isn't a kneejerk reaction of "Oh my god Morocco is unliked NUKE MOROCCO", this is "where should we plus next, and what should we add to compete with anything Sea World or Universal puts out".

They are going to add Beastly Kingdom and the Indiana Jones ride to the World Showcase?

yoda_5729

I would think that Morocco would be safe, if for no other reason the Twilight Zone Tower of terror is themed so that it blends with the design of Morocco as it can be seen from Mexico when you look at Morocco. Re-themeing Morocco to anything dissimilar to it would mean re-theming the outside design of the tower, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

EthanK

With all the hyperbole, it's hard to remember that this was just in reaction to a simple survey that could be used for a number of different things, most of which are a far cry from "we're bringing in a bulldozer and you're going to get an EMPTY LOT. Are you happy now, folks?" Knowing what attractions are polling poorly is always a function of any park, and yes, while that might mean that an attraction might die a sad death, it usually just indicates that the park is growing, changing, and taking visitor feedback into account.

The more I thought about it, the more I figured that Disney would be hard-pressed to kill something that's being entirely funded by another nation. Yeah, you can tick off GM or Kodak, but when you've said to Italy, "Sorry folks, we're not going to accept your money anymore. Italy only pulled a 45% positive rating in an informal poll we took," you're going to come off looking like the bad guy. I stick by the idea that they're looking to gauge a crowd reaction to a few proposed countries and see what existing ones could use a shot in the arm. The Kim Possible scavenger hunt, if you haven't tried it, is an awesome way to get interest going in the countries, they just need to expand on that.

hrcollectibles

What the hell man? Just replace the Outpost!

I concur .. But it is just a guest survey.Some freak out over the smallest things...
Perhaps they are asking what pavilion people would like to see removed because they want to know what pavilion they would invest the least in improving... Or maybe to invest more in that pavilion to make it more popular

aladdin2007

I know some dont get excited over the movies, but a circlevision in Morocco would be a nice addition, just something more to do there.

WDWFigment

Just read the whole thread, and wow. As a current restaurant owner and from my own personal experince, it is always less expensive to build new than rebuild an existing facility.

I think you misinterpreted much of this discussion revolving around this point. The issue is whether there is demand enough for 2 facilities (which is what there would be if they build new) versus 1 facility (which is what there would be if they rebuild). If there is only enough demand to sustain 1.5 facilities, the long term expenses of operating 2 restaurants may make building new more expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom